Stop passing the buck to Firaxis

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by evrett37, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep_Blue

Deep_Blue Knight

I didnt buy the game and based on what I read in the forums I will not do that soon, I will just wait for next expansion pack (if there will be one) when everything from buges to gameplay issues get fixed (do u remember? CIV IV BTS was much better than the first CIV IV release)

but Iam against discrediting the people who worked on the game !! they spent countless hours developing it (it is decent game btw not a bad one) and they deserve at least some respect , and sure they deserve income for their hard work.

2. evrett37

evrett37 Prince

This is not a witch hunt. I'm just looking for answers. Clearly they arnt going to come forward on their own. Signing an NDA or being a "forum member" doesn't magically exempt one from their responsibility to the game and the community. These guys want all the benefits of playing the game early but non of the consequences that come with being lame duck testers. Moderator Action: There's no need for any flaming here. With responsibility must come accountability with things go wrong unless we just want more of the same from here on out.

3. Licinia Eudoxia

Licinia Eudoxia Empress

It's either trolling or you have an extremely broken understanding of interacting with other people. Wanting 'answers' and 'consequences' for people who betatested the game is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

4. evrett37

evrett37 Prince

care to flush that statement out with any basis for your opinion or are you just taking a pot shot then running away ? I've already said like 100 times- if we dont at least try and flush bad testers out then we are going to get bad games/releases/patches over and over..same with bad company spokespersons

5. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

So do these people not get credit for Civ4 beta? A good bunch of them did Civ4 and expansions.

Anyways, the reason I believe patching will be successful is precisely because they have a top notch team there to test and give feedback.

Game was rushed out the door without giving beta people time to give feedback and time to apply fixes.

6. evrett37

evrett37 Prince

Agreed but that was then and this is now. Back when civ 4 came out there werent lucrative DLC opportunities that might disappear if a tester/mod producer spoke out or wasnt a team player. And how very convenient for 2k that the members of the community that are most qualified to speak against the game are locked and muzzled by NDA agreements.

7. -=Yin=-

-=Yin=- Chieftain

I'll just say that a lot of people worked and continue to work very hard on the game. If it helps to blame the testers, feel free. In the meantime, keep an eye on the patches and new content coming over the weeks and months ahead.

8. Stormbolt

Stormbolt Chieftain

Harassing the beta testers isn't going to do much other than get you into trouble. Seriously, people are starting to go off the deep end now. Constant complaints, many of which come across as childish to me are one thing, but encouraging harassment is never acceptable. The very fact that this thread is still open, or even exists at all does not send a good message about the Civ community.

9. evrett37

evrett37 Prince

Why is it "off the deep end" to act to remove people who aided in the release of a shotty product? Your making it personal but I think its common sense..if we want the game to get better, and I think we all want that, then we need to move fresh people into those testing slots who might do a better job than the last bunch..

10. -=Yin=-

-=Yin=- Chieftain

You're either trolling, need to vent, or clearly don't understand the process. In fact, you might be the trifecta! :)

11. Stormbolt

Stormbolt Chieftain

First off, the beta testers can only do so much. Firaxis could have not listened to them, or 2K may have refused to delay the game (which is the most likely IMO). Complaining about QA is understandable, but posting a list of names and telling people to harass them via PM is absolutely unacceptable under these examples. Especially considering that all of this is over a video game.

12. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

*Looks at thread*

Did I hear "witch hunt"? Grab the pitchforks!

13. evrett37

evrett37 Prince

And the testers could have gone to the media anonymously or posted on a blog or done SOMETHING to try and change that - if it was actually happening - Doing nothing is as bad as doing the wrong thing because the right thing never gets done.

14. Sonereal

So...they should break their NDA and get fined massively or worst?

Insane troll logic you have going right there. Seriously, I have no idea what planet your from but if it gets to the point where you're foaming at the mouth, tearing out your hair on a forum for a non-mainstream strategy game because the testers didn't break their contracts and revealed things with the game, you have a serious problem.

Go outside.

15. Stormbolt

Stormbolt Chieftain

You expect them to violate their contract and face massive fines? I'm all about exposing injustices and things of that sort, but this isn't some massive atrocity to society. This isn't Guantanamo Bay or the Iraq War document leak. THIS IS JUST A VIDEO GAME.

16. Sonereal

That's what I'm saying. Hell, with all the whining and jumping around he's doing for the game, he should go do something productive like read a book or play outside. It's just a game.

17. -=Yin=-

-=Yin=- Chieftain

O.K., then, here's an insider's tip. Please keep this private.

*looks around*

...The next Firaxis patch. Repeat: The NEXT Firaxis patch, will NOT bring peace to the Middle East. Again, will NOT bring peace to the Middle East.

18. Sonereal

Ooooo if Greg sees that you posted that you're going to get fined for breaking your NDA. Quick! Escape to Canada before Blackwater comes knocking on your door. Meanwhile, Everett will spread the word of the glorious people's movement against the tyranny that are Testers.

19. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

You...do...realize that's illegal right? You're suggesting some dangerous waters. I'm certainly not interested in doing something illegal at your suggestion, I hope every other beta tester felt/feels the same.

What's this? More user interface lies :lol:. No, seriously, it would be ridiculously awesome if you ate those words. Rather than a civ V patch they just release "LULWUT WE CAN HAZ NERF UR WEAPONZ" and all firearms in the world fire tulips...and missiles carry little more than odor.

A nice, fragrant odor.

It's tyranny for a reason. Cower in FEAR :devil:. And no, that isn't a pokemon reference. Not this time.

20. LoneGamer

LoneGamer Warlord

Whats done is done. I don't agree with what your saying at all but... maybe it's time to move on? You can whine, complain all you want and try to blame the... beta testers(???)... but the issue is that YOU are not happy with what YOU got. Welcome to life, no one ever told you it was all roses, most of the time you get a lot of crap instead.

To stay on topic, I've had my fair share of hate for the game but I've learned to love it. I was also wrong to amplify that hate I had for it here. I'm not one who admits I'm wrong often but enough is enough. This game is something new, it needs some fixing up sure, but we got a nice foundation here... something to build on.

Progress in the modding community is unbelievably fast. They already have a way to bring civ4 units to civ5(I'm talking about graphics here) a lot of people are determined to make this game better... Maybe it's time you put all that energy you have else where?

You can be negative about it all you want... but that won't get YOU what YOU want...

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.