stopping nukes?

Zalcron

Prince
Does anyone know if they will allow for intercepting nukes finally? It really annoys me how you cannot stop b29 bombers from getting through despite having total command of the air.

I don't believe that any information has surfaced regarding interception, or indeed aerial combat at all. We do have confirmation of a new building (the bomb shelter) which is presumed to add some sort of (most likely passive) defense against nukes. Other than that, we're still in the dark.

~R~

Does anyone know if they will allow for intercepting nukes finally? It really annoys me how you cannot stop b29 bombers from getting through despite having total command of the air.

But even if you could shoot the airplane down, the bomb will still fall and most likely explode.

I don't believe that any information has surfaced regarding interception, or indeed aerial combat at all. We do have confirmation of a new building (the bomb shelter) which is presumed to add some sort of (most likely passive) defense against nukes. Other than that, we're still in the dark.

~R~

IIRC it protects your city population so damage will presumably still occur to your city, tiles and surrounding units. Interesting to see if it protects your garrisoned unit.

But even if you could shoot the airplane down, the bomb will still fall and most likely explode.

thats unlikey. in the 60s the yanks lost some h bombs in an air accident and they did not explode. they have to be primed and actually set to detonate. Fighters could bring it down without it going off. albiet there would radiative material to deal with but no bang. This needs to be sorted.

IIRC it protects your city population so damage will presumably still occur to your city, tiles and surrounding units. Interesting to see if it protects your garrisoned unit.

It should protect the garrisoned unit (but not airplanes).

If there isn't some sort of SDI building in the late modern or future era, I will be truly ticked. There's no sense in not having some sort of nuke defense in the very late game.

Nukes should be king in the era in which they're discovered, but there should be incentive to use uranium in the future era for, say, GDRs.

If there isn't some sort of SDI building in the late modern or future era, I will be truly ticked. There's no sense in not having some sort of nuke defense in the very late game.

Nukes should be king in the era in which they're discovered, but there should be incentive to use uranium in the future era for, say, GDRs.

GDRs are white elephants; I like them in the game because whenever a runaway builds them (and nuke reactors), it means much less uranium for them to spam nuclear missiles.

You are much better off with ol' fashioned WW2 tanks, with a Modern Armor or two to spice things up, and a fleet of Stealth Bombers.

Backed by nuclear weapons!

That said, there are times when I feel I could spare a uranium or two on some frivolity, and GDRs provide me such an outlet. They are awesome in adding flavor!

Top Bottom