1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] [Story] Civ6 SG: Emperor Trajan

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by pholkhero, Jan 6, 2018.

1. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

let's not get bogged down with who said to complete what . . .

pasture horses? :lol: wasn't safe for builders abroad.

as such, i waited on HBW until it looked like we could get the builder out for the boost

2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

So first priority of my turns is to not die, the second is to get some horses online for payback :hammer:

Let's see how I did shall we....

T53 we get a new government. Normally I would go for Classical Republic but we are at war. Can switch when we're not.

Set policies up like this.

Our new archer and a warrior despatch one of Qin's archers, 1 left.

T54 he now has no archers left, just a warrior and scout.

T55 looks like the AI still sucks but thanks anyway Qin.

We pasture the horses to get the HBR boost

And Qin's warrior and scout are despatched. Can get a peace deal but we'd have to pay so hold out for now.

T56 but IBT he'll pay us, yes please.

OK I have paused here, because Mysticism came in as well IBT so now we have peace and a settler. What to do?

I'd say settle SE of 2nd city, on the river near the wheat or north of capital near stone.

I'd also swap out government now, get a district up in capital (science), build horses when HBR comes in and repay Qin.

Thoughts??

Attached Files:

3. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

archers are surprisingly strong v cities. we probably could've taken one or two with the small army we have.

i feel like we need more production so northern city seems best.

4. Ozbenno

OK, northern city it is. Will crank some more war preparation turns in the next day or so.

Agree with a Science campus in the capital in the meantime?

5. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

oh yeah, for sure ~ checking the save, that 2nd banana nestled NE of our city gives a ridiculous +5 beakers due to the mts.

We need irrigation first to get rid of the Bananas but i think it's worth the wait. We can get Irr in 11 turns (cut in 1/2 when we farm something, maybe those wheat near Rome).

So maybe HBW>Irrigation. You'll have to purchase the tiles, too, but we hsould have enough to cover it. Maybe archers while we wait for the campus? or another builder or two?

6. Ozbenno

Two cities are currently building an archer and builder. We currently have 2 archers (is 3 enough?) and current builder has only used one charge so can either build an archer or something else in capital.

7. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I think 3 is good for now. maybe one more builder (even if we don't need all 3 charges right away, we could keep him in reserve).

we also will need a military complex+stable for horsemen iirc (since we only have one of the resource). we could forward build the Encampment near china for some added defense there while we wait for irrigation and such for the campus.

maybe have rome build Enc>stable>campus>horsemen. It'd be nice to grab that hill tile SW of our borders there, but it's 120g. Dunno if we'd have enough for that and buying the tiles NE for the campus. Although, we probably would have enough turns to make up the difference.

up to you, Arvo. Did i use that correctly? [ed. note: i know that i didn't]

8. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

are we waiting on me?

i didn't see anything one way or another above. if things are too hot down unda', I can crank out some turns in about 12 hours or so.

9. Ozbenno

No waiting on me but I won't be able to get to it until the weekend so if you can crank some turns out great.

10. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

11. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Ok, not going to put up a huge report. Went HBR>Irrigation (stopped when it came in iirc). Built our 3rd city NW of Rome, just SE of the iron.

Rome finished its builds, and is on a stable. Our army is poised to strike, but we should probably wait until we have horses and siege engines to take out china.

If interested (less than 20 mins):

and the save:

Attached Files:

12. Ozbenno

OK see it and will be able to play in the next 24 hours.

13. Ozbenno

Just watched your video pholk. I'm extremely disappointed you don't look like this

14. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

That photo WAS almost 10 years ago. There's no way I could've maintained that level of manliness through the years.

Even the Mona Lisa's falling apart. :/

[fun fact: i try to use that photo to announce when I livestream]

15. Ozbenno

Played some turns....

Looked at the save, decided that we should look at attacking now rather than later and swapped out the stable for a horseman for faster units.

Also changed our government and policies to look like this

We're building either builders and horseman in all 3 cities, so...

Units sort of lined up

And attack....

We kill 2 archers and a chariot in the field and lose one archer ourselves but

He still has an archer and spear in the field, so clean them up (and lose another archer) and heal, forces just hanging about for 2nd city attack

And Yerevan loves us.

We captured a builder and built 2 ourselves. Jungle chopped but bananas are still there. Iron and marble online in 3rd city so some production there.

Cities are building seige/horse/archer. Iron Working is 1 turn, does this give us Praets? Would be useful. We have so many close civs that just rolling the war for a while onto Japan and Scythia might be worthwhile.

Attached Files:

16. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

:hammer: me likey ~ however, I did think we needed the stables to make horsies since we only had the one resource.

perhaps later today for me, but more likely tomorrow

17. Ozbenno

The encampment allows us to build horsemen with only one horse.

18. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Qin's empire is now down to two cities.

But first:

Iron Working and Praets are in. it's 110 to upgrade so we wait. I went currency for trade routes (we're losting money each turn)

t84: qin hits the medieval times, and I notice this:

My thinking was to let them take yerevan, then liberate later on down the line.

t85: currency>wheel. [I built a trader and sent it to Mohenjo Daro for the currency boost.]

t86: drama>feudalism (the extra food for every 3 farms will be nice ~ see the pins on the map :) )

yiyang:

and i found a natural wonder:

got the astrology boost.

And I saw this in Handan:

t89: wheel>astrol.

t90: astro>engineering

2nd city falls:

and we got that settler. I was thinking to our NE for now:

to hold back any hordes from that direction.

We've been busy improving our lands, both new and old. however, we still need two more farms for the feudalism inspiration, so we'll need another builder.

Here you can see what our city planners have in mind:

(those hills east of the IND mark should be mined in the future for the bonus). I already started the campuses...campi?...in Rome and Ostia, and a commercial district in the P-city.

here's where we are w china:

we could probably move on Xi'an on the next turn, despite a unit or two needing healed.

and here's my thoughts for a war plan:

[i need to lengthen the time it takes for the info box to pop up so it stops photobombing my pics]

The save:

For the two of you who may have been interested, apparently when I thought i was stopping recording, i was really starting it, so I had about 35 mins of my desktop! :smoke: :D

Attached Files:

19. Ozbenno

Nice progress, will continue to war either tonight or tomorrow.

20. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind