1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] [Story] Civ6 SG: Emperor Trajan

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by pholkhero, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Haha, explains a lot.

I had a shoulder reconstruction a few month ago and it has been playing up so haven't been able to keep going. Will be able to soon.

2. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

np ~ I'll take some turns in about 24 hrs

or if ruff's up for it? we could use someone to throw a monkey wrench into things :mischief:

3. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Hey ~ forgot about this until just now (long day). Wanted to get it up before I went to bed as I figured you'd be starting your Saturday down there so, there's not much to write about.

TL:DR ~ Kilt China dead. Built new city. Declart on Japant. We need more builderst.

also, was thinking about building a city for Petra, though I don't know if we'd get it. You can see the pin i made in the map. And we can maybe buy a great scientist who will give us 250bulbs per mt tile that surrounds a campus we use him on! so we can push those GPPs for that and buy w faith soon.

as last time didn't have a vid but a report, since this one has not much of a report:

[still processing as of posting this; give it a few mins if it's not up yet]

Attached Files:

4. Ozbenno

I'm away for work until Wednesday. Will look at it then.

Bye bye China!

5. Ozbenno

OK back on deck. Will play some turns tonight or tomorrow night!

pholkhero likes this.
  6. Ozbenno

Right back to it....

Looks like we're in need of builders and maybe some more troops (though see how the current lot go first).

So played some turns.

Did this

But did lose a scout, archer and horse, also killed 2 crossbows and 3 chariots from Japan.

I changed our civics to give us a mounted boost and built a new horse (and one in production) and building a knight and crossbow and upgraded our archer to a crossbow.

Got some boosts as well

We have builders a plenty building stuff.

Troops are (mainly) healed and ready to advance. There is another crossbow in his next city as well. I left it at a civics change so if you want to swap anything out you can do so.

7. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

nice. we're like a hot knife through butter.

save sir?

8. Ozbenno

Don't mind if I do...

Attached Files:

9. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Got it and will play, i think, in a few hours

10. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I moved some stuff around my drive, and can't seem to find my screenies. I also didn't record so all i've got are my notes to go off of.

I basically continued the fight against Japan and improved Rome.
    Techs: Construction>Celestial Nav (1 turn)>Military Tradition>Apprenticeship>pre-research castles>mil engineering >castles (finished after merchant republic taken)
    Civics: theology>merchant republic for the six slots, swap to that > civil service

tip: it's good to chop before putting down districts (or anything) as you don't get resources otherwise from it (shields or shields and food w rainforests)

* Rome needs production help, will grow large there; ostia will need the lumber mill turned into a mine so that we get the adjacency bonus w ind zone; kyoto needs help as well (but leave those rainforests for now for the campus) ~ could put a theatre SW of holy and campus there for bonus and culture which we need

* beijing and xi'an improved; have space at Xi and Hamdan for farming triangles over the marshes; we need to chop and improve aquileia, esp for when we go after scythia ~ take the defensive bonus from any invaders there

* I don't think we'll get petra ~ i think someone else built it as its not in any of our prod tabs ~ so i got rid of that sign ~ but a city there to fill in might not be too bad later on in the game

* great admiral taken just for the heck of it, he's asleep in Xi'an

* took tokyo and sendai; he's just left w osaka; we could peace out with japan as we have their cap, heal and move on scythia ~ for some reason he has a city called neapolis and i find that offensive ~ our army, though, is gathered to take the last city; we may need a couple cats, but otherwise, i think our army is adequate to take on scythia

Going forward, we need some scouts and caravels to explore, and some units to protect our seas for a bit. We could definitely still use builders, esp as Aquilia will need a couple on its on just to chop and improve around the city. Its north has great production and its south can grow the food; its a neat little city.

otherwise, i think we're well on track to win via domination. gilgamesh has great science, but he's on the continent with us so will eventually far to our war machine ~ i think perpetual war might be what we're looking at here.

Attached Files:

11. Ozbenno

Ok, can continue the war effort tonight or tomorrow.

12. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

:bump: pholk, is that you?

13. Ozbenno

14. Ozbenno

Everything seems to be in order when I open the save, I decide we can easily take the last Japanese city and move in.

1st IBT he gives us an appealing offer

NOT

Next turn

Bye bye Japan.

Scythia seems to be the logical next target but tricky due to mountains and armoury. I have moved troops into position on three fronts so hopefully can take in a couple of turns.

She has a couple of horsemen around but nothing more advanced than that.

Made this deal as well for excess resources

Otherwise not much happened. We only had one choice of Civic to go for (Civil Service) so nearly completed that and researched couple of techs we had the inspiration for but don't think we will have any with inspiration after this one is done.

All yours Mr pholk

Attached Files:

15. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

nice ~ i gots it ~

16. Ozbenno

Obviously you can still play vanilla with R&F installed! Is it any good?

17. Ozbenno

BTW, apparently Civ IV complete is free for twitch prime members. I'm sure we could get more of the gang going if the games were IV.

18. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

So, before we begin here, just know that Scythia's cavalry get's a +5 bonus against wounded units and gain 30hp when they kill a unit. I found that out the hard way.

t138: civil service finished up and I went with guilds. I also moved a few units the western openings and are horsemen and pike to the north to deal with Scythia's cavalry.

t139: I declared war on the old lady. She wasn't happy.

I moved our legions and knight in from the west, and slow walked our catapult into range. It was kind of a bloodbath. We lost at least half our army, maybe more, to her horsemen, even xbows couldn't stand up to them. It was pretty touch and go for a bit but 8 turns later, I finally took Gelonus.

Civicwise, we got Guilds > diplo service > divine right

and techs, square rigging > education > banking> mass production

on the homefront, we bought a few workers, and improved our lands a bit. I stopped making units thiking that they fight was going to be a breeze, so we'll need more of them.

I took peace w scythia so taht we can regroup and rebuild our army. We probably should have came for her capital from the south as we would've had a bit more room to maneuver. I didn't realize that until AFTER Gelonus fell.

On the whole, though, we can rebuild and take her capital soon, probably with muskets and bombards I think. Maybe even wait for Corps from teh Nationalism civic, but i don't know if we'll need to wait that long. looking toward the future, we can grab the capital here and then onwards to London. We'll need ot find explore sumeria.

all my screenshots came up in .tga format and I can't do shiite with them. I don't understand what I'm doing differently to not get them right.

in other news, i greatly enjoy the expansion. the new civs are, imo, a bit overpowered, but fun to play. the ages are a lot of fun and give the game a bit more up and down feeling to it. also, the loyalty is a fun mechanic, a return to culture flipping.

i also immediately downloaded cIV so would be more than up for a game :D

Attached Files:

19. Ozbenno

OK looks like it is back to me for some army rebuilding. Got it and will play in next 2-3 days.

If you've got IV surely a ROTQM is called for.

20. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

i will need to relearn, but that would be a-ok w me