1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Storywriting 101

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by Kyriakos, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Yes it was, but i am sure the publishing world is more open in Germany... Here we barely have literary agents, so the writer has to fight his way from the bottom up, something which often takes years of unanswered letters.

Thankfully now with the internet a writer has all of the magazines and houses in front of him, so it becomes a bit easier at least to send the work. But for the three magazine publications i had i had 6 other unanswered letters. Granted this is still a pretty good "score", but i am sure it was down to me starting to publish late in my life (i am now 32). Others try for years without any success.

I wish you have better luck though :)

2. Harvin87

Harvin87 The Youth

I don't know if here is more open but at least I can imagine the market is bigger. I assume you writte in Greek right?. Can you recomend me some good Greek writters and of course... where can I read some of your stories?
    :)

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

For Greek writers:

Constantine Cavafy is the best modern greek poet by far, and is slowly becomming celebrated outside of the borders as well. WWW.Cavafy.com has most of his poems in english :)

Alexandros Papadiamantis is the main novelist. His novel titled "The Murderess" is a masterpiece of the language.

For my own works, i once uploaded my own (bad) traslation of a story of mine, you can check it out here if you want to:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444627&highlight=story