stPLXNES2: Europa

Story

Sentor Arturo had meeting with the Lord Protector Homsar today. He had heard rumors telling that the Lord had gone insane but he had dissmissed them as rumors.

"Hello your most Highness" Arturo bowed before his soverign

"Well hi Reggie is that rhinosarus around"

Arturo was shocked. Who is Reggie? What is a rhinosarus? Then he realized that the Lord Proceter had gone insanse. Most men would have grived for their rulers but not Arturo, he smelt oppurtunity.

"Lord Proceter are you feeling alright"

"I was rasied by a cup of coffee" Homsar replied

"Would you mind if I made all of your decisons for you" Aturo asked

"I think I can twice"

"Most excellent now I can go about the bussiness of grovnering"

Orders
Expand like crazy especially towards the Mediterrian
Increase economy
begin enslouer movement to force peaseants to become Frontiersmen.

Clovis, King of the Franks, rules over the Palatine region with ease. Covering the rolling hills from the Rhein to the Meuse Rivers, the King has ties from the Alps in the South to the Netherlands in the North. The economy is supported by the booming wine industry, farmland, and river barges. The Palatine Army has grown adept to river travel to protect the transport of wine cargoes. Using river and land, the Army secures all areas of the empire, small as it may be, and the citizens feel safe. In fact, the historical name of their ethnic group, the Franks, is actually derived from a term meaning "to speak one's mind".

ORDERS

Expand Palatine influence over the population further West and East. Claim and distribute farmland in both directions. Send loyals to habitate in newly acquired domains. Try to remain friendly with the new local populations. Increase the wine trade in all directions.

We need to send Army scouting parties West beyond the Meuse River and East beyond the Rhein. Mapping of rivers and bridges is a priority.

Grow the Army

EDIT changed the orders. ;)

Sorry. I'll have to quit this NES - I got three other NESes and I gotta study this week for finals. I can't manage my time in a workable way to have room for 4 NESes. So sorry

Orders for the German Republic.

Explore the lands East and West of us and Colonize them
Increace Army size

Ruler: Count Raymond/Curufinwe
Army: Small/Farmers
Navy: Small/Fishermen
Religion: Albigensien Heresies, Freethough
Government:
Economy: Stable
Confidence: Alright
Education: Rudimentary
Start: the Albigensiens were a group in southern France, but radicaly different from the north of France
Bio: The albigensians started off with many influences, muslim, roman, etc. Thus, they were an openminded and cultural group. They practiced their beliefs freely, and the leaders didn't care too much about the religion of their subjects. However, the albigensians were declared heretics in 1165. They were soon destroyed by the Albigensian Crusade, which led up to the Inquisition.

Orders for the Albigensians:

Expand Northward towards the rest of France and towards Spain. Train my army a level.

To the Lords of Paris and Palatine:
Salutations,
Lords, I speak to defend the Albigensian way of life. our intellectual freedoms MUST be respected. We're peace loving at heart, but will fight if we must. I mearly request your goodwill.

Count Raymond

Venice
Ruler: Alphonso Troy/Toasty
Army: Small/Farmers
Navy: Small/Fishermen
Religion: Catholicism
Government: Republic
Start: The Venetian state is based around the city of Venice at the inner gulf of the Adriatic sea.
Bio: The area around Venice was inhabited in ancient times by the Veneti. According to tradition, the city was founded in ad 452, when the inhabitants of Aquileia, Padua (Padova), and other northern Italian cities took refuge on the islands of the lagoon from the Teutonic tribes that invaded Italy during the 5th century. They established their own government, which was headed by tribunes for each of the 12 principal islands. Although nominally part of the Eastern Roman Empire, Venice was virtually autonomous. In 697 the Venetians organized Venice as a republic under an elected doge. Internal dissension disturbed the course of government during the following century, but the threat of foreign invasion united the Venetians, and the state stands as it is today.

Orders:
- Train navy

stPLXNES2: Europa
Update 1 - 520 anno domini

Paris
City of Amiens settled by the French, along the English Channel.

Wales
The Welsh expand into Eire and Scotland, readily accepted by the surrounding tribes, except for the proud Scots, who refuse to be assimilated.

Mercia
The Mercians also expand heaviliy, and also run into problems in Scotland.

Iceland
Icelanders begin building a great lighthouse, to fuel discovery.

Basques
The Basques expand closer and closer to the Mediterranian.

Palatine
Expansion and heavy scouting worry the surrounding tribes, as well as Paris and Germany.

Austria
Austria overrun! Austria collapses on its self after constant raids by Czech kingdoms.

Germany
Germany expands, their order growing influence over Denmark.

Albigen
Albigen founded along the Bay of Lion.

Venice
The Venitians train their navies, with plans on cornering trade in the Mediterranian.

OOC: There is a one turn leniancy period, if you do not post your orders next turn, Anarchy, Dexter and Sheep, there will be adverse effects.

'Proud Scotland'

Ruler: John of Innermeath
Army: Tiny/Farmers
Navy: Tiny/Sailors
Religion: Saxon Mythology
Government: Monarchy
Start: Everyone knows where Scotland is!
Bio: Hundreds of Scots showed up at a great meeting between the clans. The encroaching civilisations from the south were too large of a threat to ignore. After lengthly discussions, Scotland became a nation and a king was elected to keep the highlands free.

Byzantium
Ruler: Emperor Justinian I the Great
Army: Small/Militia
Navy: Small/Sailors
Religion: Christianity
Government: Empire
Confidence: Sad)
Education: Educated
Start: Present-day Istanbul, on the Bosphorous Straight between the Black Sea and Mediterranean.
Bio: The Byzantine Empire has its roots in the great Roman Empire, becoming a trading empire with it's connection from East to West at it's height.

Clovis was a decendent of the Merovingians, rulers of the Frank tribe and one of the few Germanic tribes to record early history. He was the grandson of one of the early rulers and had a policy of conquest, whether by force or persuasion.

Expansion of the Palatine nation was noted by the surrounding regions. The commerce generated by King Clovis' domain was well known to the North. The once Roman Region of Gallia Belgica (Belgian Gaul) including modern Belgium, parts of Northern France, the Netherlands, and parts of Switzerland had close ties with Clovis. With many promised business deals and the ominous presence of the Palatine Army, Gallia Belgicia was soon assimilated under Palatine rule. Again, Clovis commanded friendly relations with locals whenever possible. Recruitment for the Palatine Army was heavy in the Northern area. The Army grew and with heavy support and backing from the Church, began to move westward to the coast. Clovis also strengthened his control over the regions to the South, all the way to the Alps. The Northern expansion was pretty much free from violence, as diplomacy lead the way. But to the South, Burgundy to the Alps was troublesome. Ridding the area of other, lesser Germanic tribes and a horde of Huns were to use some resources. Nothing that would slow down the Northern forces though.

King Clovis sends a return messenger to Count Raymond. The messenger is to offer wine and other commerce in exchange for respect of their intellectual freedoms.

Orders Grow the economy - The Wine Industry and River barge/toll Industry are booming.

Assimilate Gallia Belgicia to the North and expand borders to the Alps in the South.

We wish to start a Great Wonder. It will be the Mosel Wine Press (picture available later). It will increase commerce and happiness in all friendly cities.

Now that the city of Paris and its sister City State were up and running it was time to move the city into hyper expanson. The old women of the cities were asked when was the best time to help a women gain a child.
This caused a population boom which meant that another two cities could be bulit but unfortuneatly it took up many resources to support the new population untill these 2 new cities had been bulit.
The first would be bulit to the South East of Paris and it would be called Orleans. The second would be to the north futher on the coast and would be named Calas.

Orders
Instead of a upgrade just give me a rapid expasion

From Paris
To Palatine

Hello great King Cloves, I am King Joan of Paris and all its City states. I would like to aviod a future problem of compatition by offering a trade argeement and also a MPP. If we start a alliance now it will be ancient before we have need of it.

The Kingdom Of Cyprus

It became increasingly obvious to the King and his Council that to secure Cyprus' position and future the Islands of the Mediterranean would need to be united under the one flag of Cyprus.
Orders were immeditely sent out for the navy to begin taking the islands around Greece.

Orders:
- Increase Army to Tiny
- Expand into Greek Islands

Nope!

Alphonso Troy was a native Venetian. Indeed, the Troy dynasty had proved one of the most successful lines in the nation. Whatever nobility lacked in the way of government was made in the way of currency in Venice, and money was a prerequisite to power.

Venice's close ties with the Roman empire were not limited in ways of history. The upper echelons of Venetian society were all inhabited by people or descendants of people who had fared well in the old Roman society. A culture, though slightly different from the Romans, had evolved to be very closely linked to the old domain, and this had become a selling point in terms of enlarging the navy.

The prime concerns of the council had become expansion to the rest of the Adriatic Sea. There had been word of a new nation arising to the East of the Croat and Bulgar tribes, and the council was appropriately eager to encounter and begin trade with another civilized nation. It was hoped that the state of Venice could be built upon foundations of wealth and prosperity; the contact of other peoples was key to this ideal.

Orders:
- Begin expansion to the Dalmatian islands and coastline.

'Proud Scotland'

The news came rather slowly and in bits and pieces, but eventually it became evident that Mercia had stopped trying to settle in Scottish lands. This information provided an excuse to have great parties all across the highlands.

Scottish Orders-

-establish sovereignty over all of Scotland
-construct capital

Basques:

Orders
expand
bulid culture

Story: Well Senator Atruo's regin was going smootly the ecomeny and the nation was growing. The Pope even started mailing him all of his edicts instead of Homsar. Now only if he could get rid of Homsar's children......

Teutonic Order
Ruler: Grand Duke Phillipus Von Bellizer // lmsw08233
Army: Medium
Navy: Tiny
Religion: Catholic Christianity
Government: Religious Order
Bio: Originally begun as a crusade by the Pope against the Orthodox East the Teutonic Order was dispatched from Rome with a massive army.
They swept Eastwards through Germany, over Poland and into the Eastern Orthodox states of Lithuania, Courland, Prussia, Pskov, and Tver. The crusade had the effect of turning Lithuania into a catholic vassal of Poland; the complete conquest of the eastern baltic coast below sweden; and the vassalage of the new catholic duchy of Prussia to the Teutonic Order who assumed complete control over the area.

Attachments

• teutonicorder.gif
    teutonicorder.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 160
In general, expand in all directions, while building up the national economy. Ensure that the harbors of Constantinople remain safe. Establish trade routes with all nations on the Mediterranean and Black Sea.

Top Bottom