STR-04: The Three City True Cultural Challenge (3CTCC)

Obviously an interesting start. Is there already a consent about our research path?

obviously, shut up!

strauss ~ why move TOWARDS our settler?

also, Fox, that is right about the culture of the obelisks ~ i say we build them by hand ~ they'll double in 1000 years, and it might be better to put all those hammers that would go into SH into a better wonder (like Oracle as strauss and p...uhh...hmmm...should i write Publius or Pvblivs ~ one is easier, one is correct ~ as Strauss and Publivs (i think of it as "Pub Liv(e)s" :lol: ) have said.

:lol:

Publius or Pvblivs ... both is correct. The first is easiert to register in any forum :)

4000 BC: Settle in place.

We get Fox’s desired food resource: Rice. Start on Warrior and Fishing.

3730 BC:
Fishing comes in, start on AH.

3640 BC: We meet the Incas already. They must be close.

3610 BC: Buddhism FIDAL.

3580 BC:
Hinduism FIDAL!

3430 BC:
We meet Saladin of Arabia.

3190 BC:
AH comes in, and we have Horses in the capital’s BFC! Four resources so soon is a big boost. Start on Mining.

3160 BC:
Our scout finds the Incan borders to the north.

3070 BC: We meet Isabella, the foundress (did I just invent a new word?) of Hinduism.

2890 BC: Mining comes in, start on BW.

2800 BC (turn 40): My reign ends.

------------------------------------------------

Our capital is a great site, with four resources already. It has a nice combination of food and production. The lands around it are not as stunning, but I can see some good spots. Unfortunately, two of them (northwest and northeast) are both very much the same, even with exactly the same resources (Stone and Pig). Hopefully there is some more diverse land in the southwest.

Once BW comes in, we should get the first religious techs (Mysticism, Meditation and Priesthood) out of the way.

Roster:
1) Strauss --> just played
2) Pvblivs --> UP
3) Asperger --> on deck
4) blid
5) pholkhero
6) GreyFox

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/78327/STR-04_BC-2800.CivWarlordsSave

way to start us out, Strauss ~ we're (finally) officially SGing together :lol:

that stone-wheat-pigs spot to the east looks nice, got some hills for production ~ as for finding a 3rd city site...ya got me! OTOH, that fish-stone-pigs spot to the north looks good, too...and we might be able to pinch Mansa's capital for our 3rd w/war chariots??

also, i agree on myst for now, but also getting pottery early will be good b/c a)we've already got both pre-reqs so it'll be done faster, b)faster growth w/our abundance of foodstuffs w/granaries, and c)cottages, duh!

and, i can't see why we need to get the religius techs out of the way quickly ~

That may seem strange but I'd rather settle the city 1E,1SE of the pigs on the hill. This way we trade the wheat and plains for 4 grass lands. This city has nice production too with 4 hills and pigs should feed the people. It is coastal too and grasps the stone

In the north west, we can't regroup fish and pigs in the same city. Mansa capital, euh HC (why is Pholkero speaking about Mansa, some personal vendetta ?), is a bit far to my taste. But with desert in the west and tundra in the south west :cry:, it may well be our best option. Could some furs and sea food make a nice cold city down there in the fog ?

If we are going to research COL and oracle for philo, we may as well get pottery->writing before meditation and priesthood and use them to make money/friends

@ blid ~ i could've sworn i saw Mansa up there ~ i must be gettin' old :lol:

also, i admit i haven't had a chance to look at the save, but if we found on that desert tile S of the Stone, it *looks* like we should be able to get all 3

edit: nope, you were right. Anyone else find the gridlines a real pain to see from the globe view?

From what i can see, 1S of the pigs in the west (on plainshill) seems to me best option, second Blid's spot (allthough we might also settle on the stone).

But let's scout the surroundings some more,

I like blids idea of settling our second city on the hill. This way we could get it as big but far more productive. And this is what we need, right?

For the third city I'm not yet positive about anything. Let's settle the second and use the time for scouting. The place in the north is very bad. A lot of mountains. No fish and pig together. Few production.

This is a got it. This evening (CET) I'll have finished and reported.

Asperger said:
From what i can see, 1S of the pigs in the west (on plainshill) seems to me best option, second Blid's spot (allthough we might also settle on the stone).

Settling on the stone in the east is not so good. We may have the wheat (+3 to +4 food with 1 citizen) but not the 4 grasslands (+4 food with 4 citizens, +8 later), 4 deserts instead. And me miss the stone production (is this significant?)

That's it. My first Civ game in 3 weeks. Unbelievable I could resist it for so long. So here we go... My goal is to, well, reveal some more interesting city sites as Strauss wasn't so successful with it...

2710 BC (3) - Look! This one seems a little more interesting to the north. But for sure HC will beat us to this site.

2650 BC (5) - A worker is built in Thebes. He is sent to duty to pasture a cow and farm a rice. The Strauss-queued warrior is continued.

2470 BC (11) - Until now, not much happens, so I read some books of historians. And one already there who considers us big. There won't be such much in the future of such opinions :lol:
The warrior has long finished and a settler is built for our second city.

2350 BC (15) - Our city site explorer meets a bear.

I captured an attacking score screen but in the end I retreated instead onto the hill NE.

2320 BC (16) - Finally the biggest research project of my reign comes to an end.

My next interest is mainly Mysticism. I'm bored of all this natural rational sciences :rolleyes: This seems to fit very well with my next decisions. Mysticism reveals the first of many wonders. And wonders are built with a :whipped: ...

This year is really busy and thrilling. The returning scout finally meets his fate. Now the bear decides how to go on.

2290 BC (17) - The winner takes it all. Obviously the bear was guarding a high quality city site. Marble SW and stone NE. What do you think?

2200 BC (20) - And that's pretty much it! Now for the stats...

The settler has almost finished (just 3 turns or 1 with the :whipped:). I'd suggest to build it normally, build another warrior and then whip the second settler for the third city.
Because ... well ... look at this: Not only we have copper in the NE at our beloved hill site (now mandatory for our second city). As well the marble site to the south should be settled as fast as possible. We'll get any wonder we want this way :yup:

Build more cities!!! :hammer:

Asperger is up!

We got marble :woohoo:

I agree with Asperger on 1 SW of the lake. On those xCCs, resources are limited and health can be a serious issue. +2 from fresh water would be nice.

Furthermore this tile se to the lake might be a flood plain. At least it looks like it and wouldn't be bad either...

yeah, it looks like we're going to be right smack-dab in the middle of our continent. would be nice if we could act as a nuetral, Switzeland-type land, but more likely, w/Izzy and Saladin, we may be in the middle of religious wars.

0 2200 BC

2 Eastern-warrior meets lion ....

3 .... and survives. Thebes: settler > warrior

4 Mysticism > Masonry

6 Thebes: warrior > worker (think this is more urgent than next settler)

8 Memphis founded, build as quickly as possible an obelisk to get the resources within our boundaries.

10/11 Southern-warrior finds crab and horses which will come in our boundaries after the fourth expansion of our marble-city.

12 Thebes: worker > warrior

13 Masonry > Meditation

15 Thebes: warrior > settler. Southern-warrior meets lion ...

16 .... and survives

20 1600 BC Memphis: obelisk > barrack

Our 2 workers are roading towards Memphis (also for trade), when they get there they can get the resources ready.

Roster:
1) Strauss
2) Pvblivs
3) Asperger --> just played
4) blid --> UP
5) pholkhero --> on deck
6) GreyFox

Top Bottom