Strange capitulation

Tuscarora87

Chieftain
I was in war with Monty and Bismarck. In the beginning Monty was a vassal of Bismarck; but at one moment during the war, Monty was released. After Bismarck capitulated to me, 2 of Montezuma's (coastal) cities were given to Bismarck. Bunch of wonders are in one of them. One more thing, Bismarck was refusing to capitulate until I made peace with his former vassal, Monty. Bismarck, now alone in the war, capitulated immediately after this (obviously). Can someone explain what happened here? Why would Monty give his 2 core cities away (during his new war with Sury)?

This whole game is very strange. Someone circumnavigated the world in 925BC! (Map: shuffle, probably: Pangea, or Fractal? As I can see, Victoria started on an island!

...And I can't believe how strong AI is in this game. I've never seen this on Immortal before. De Gaulle had an insane stack (worse then Napoleon's) + unit regeneration. He resisted to capitulate like hell (no army, all core cities conquered, and more), although "Know your enemy" article suggest 0 for capitulation resisting. Same with Bismarck. His insane stack came from nowhere, namely far from Monty's territory. Maybe 60-70 of units (I killed like 30 on my attack with all Conquistadors, and then the other half on defense (only the stack).

Montezuma was week in the first half of the game. But, even before his vassalage (but particularly after), he suddenly started teching like mad. Now I can almost say that he is the tech leader. Dozens of rifles are moving around and massacring Sury's cavalry.

Strange game for me, indeed, but I'll continue, although I'm loosing the edge. Would it be good to storm with dozens and dozens highly promoted cavalrymen (17exp), or I need to wait several turns for airships. Are they enough against rifles in cities? Or I need to get Fighters? :) Is there any sense to get Flanking promotions? Spies? Thanks god, there are no PRO civs.

Against small numbers of city defending units, airships are actually highly effective. Enough to tip the odds of cavalry vs rifles. If there are a whole stack of rifles though, it won't be enough.

Top Bottom