Strange city window display on civ 2.78

watership2

Chieftain
i've been playing Civ II for almost a year on my 17-inch Windows XP laptop without any problems. Occasionally i get a general protection fault error, but i ignore it because i can always restart Civ II, load the auto.sav file, save the game, and then play on as if nothing had happened.

but today, after i got the general protection fault error and Civ II shut down, i restarted it. the maps looked fine, but when i clicked on a city to bring up the city window, the window itself was VERY small, and bordered by thick black space. the city window was very hard to read. what might be causing this?

here's the screenshot. let me know if there's anything i can do to correct this. Thanks and Merry Christmas....

Attachments

• Small city window.jpg
    Small city window.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 108
Have you tried clicking on the up/down arrows on the top left? it seems like this happened to me once and I played around w/ those and got it to look "normal" again. Or maybe try "arranging windows" under the VIEW heading at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps! Merry Christmas!

Have you tried clicking on the up/down arrows on the top left? it seems like this happened to me once and I played around w/ those and got it to look "normal" again. Or maybe try "arranging windows" under the VIEW heading at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps! Merry Christmas!

Amen! I always wondered what those arrows were doing. Now I see there's a purpose to them. Weird, becuz i've been playing Civ2 for 10 years and never thought about what those arrows do.

Guess it must have been a random click of the mouse that made the window smaller.

Thanks!! :)

hahaha. The exact same thing happened to me after I had been playing Civ2 for about five years. Took me a week to figure out those arrow things! Nice to know someone else had the same quirk.

Happens to me all the time. I like to play long games, so, lots of save and play again later. Well, about half of the time, that city screen comes up "small". All you have to do to fix it is click on the right hand button of the three at the top left of the window. It only happens to me when I reload a saved game. I have no idea what causes it.

Top Bottom