[BTS] Strange deal

Error in the matrix possibly, call for Neo.

Well actually no idea maybe a bug that went undetected because this situation occurs so rarely?

Similar weirdness yesterday. Tried to buy the map off some leader, and he wanted CoL+3 :gold:. Remove the gold, and no go. If I offered CoL he'd give me map plus all his gold. Weird.

I do see this from time to time, but not terribly often.

You get better deals from the AI if you ask them what they are willing to pay than if you lay out a deal directly on the table or ask them what they want for something. Don't know why it's that way, but always has been.

That's what I did in the above case too btw. Sometimes it just borks out for some reason.

New example.

"Hey, Peter. What do you want for your map?" (worth 5 :gold: because I know the entire world)
"Music + 3 :gold:"
"Here is my hand. Pay attention to the middle."

Of course, if I try to offer him Music, or any other small tech, he wants to give me his wife and first-born child. Must be a bug of some sort that causes some calculations to get messed up.

Augustus is a good lad, but his idea of a fair trade is odd, for want of a better term. Why does he want that much? I heard stragetic resources copst just ~3 ordinary ones. If so, Augustus is a special case. I remember he won't sell me iron for 4 resources in my first ever deity game.
Spoiler :

I've just acquired map of the entire continent and see that everyone but me has iron. Pericles, Roosevelt and Augustus have two. Pericles wouldn't trade because I traded with Gandhi and Mansa, and Roosevelt's isn't available for some reason. Gandhi gained iron only recently, so Roosevelt is supplying his spare iron to him. Whoever he sold the iron, they have their own source now, why don't they cancel the deal?
Now, I need that iron, I need it badly. I can buy it for a short term just to get a dozen of cuirs and use them to take someone else's iron. Or I could start a bit earlier with macemen. Gandhi has an excellent border city with iron in the first ring, that will be mine once the city is pacified.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom