Strange Error causing my Horsemen to withdraw outside enemies borders on end turn

robacus

Chieftain
Title pretty much sums this up.

I am playing as Russia on an earth map and the cheeky English have built a city deep in Sibera.

I have taken 4 horsemen up to their boarders, declared war, captured a worker unit and killed a spearman too, but as i end the turn with my units in their territory, i see them being removed back out of the english territory, this has happened twice in a row and it now seems impossible for me to capture that city.

does anyone know why this is happening (if its an in-game feature im forgetting about) or is it just a bug and i need to restart another game of CIV again? :(

Sorry, here is the mod and save game i am referring too, use the 3 horsemen near York to achieve the results i described

Also, it appears that my workers are being treated as enemies (?) and my cities are getting the option to fire upon them, this has only happened since declaring war on england

Attachments

• Version 5 (v 1).zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 55
  • AutoSave_0110 AD-1000.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Damn that sucks, while you are here J can u tell me if there is some problems with playing on anything bigger then a standard sized map? i think i read that somewhere and im looking into making another modded map now for a standard sized earth :X

Maybe it's a good starting point, so that someone else might register such a bug in an unmodded game earlier, we'll see :).

And yes, there are some problems. Map sizes bigger than standard seem to crash very often at the end of the game. Even 2K wants that you send them huge map size savegames in the modern era, so that they can look into it.

well it was only a mod to add some new citystates to the map

so i went back to the map without loading the mod, took away all the start locations for "city state" that showed up in place of the new citystates, and then replaced them with the regular citystates i was not using - genoa, florance, ragusa, monaco, and a few others.

so my question is, is this still considered a mod because ive used worldbuilder to create a map and scenario i suppose?

one thing ive noticed now, is that when i start with russia, i can see stockholms units and its city when it built and when i came into contact with belgrade, i also met japan at the same time

have i gotten something wrong with the teams in world builder? im going to check this out now

Top Bottom