Strange foods you enjoy

I've done that.. once. :lol:

I too have done that. Just one bite though. Not that it was bad, but I was pretty sure by the time I chewed it up that I was never going to be allowed to breathe in the same room with another human again.

French fries with ranch dressing.

In the US I think Big Mac sauce is ketchup and mayo, not ranch.

Here it's ranch or thousand island.i usually don't go with either and rare eat McDonalds. Here atm first time for a year no big mack.

• Tinned sardines. Boneless, skinless ones in olive oil are my favorite and then I usually put sriracha on them. I eat them plain but they're good in a sandwich or on crackers too. I love anchovies too, mostly plain or on salads, not on pizza

Tinned sardines and anchovies are absolutelly common were I live. Delicacy IMHO.

I put them over red pepper, with grinded garlic an put them on the oven

French fries with ranch dressing.

Everyone I know eats fries with ranch. And pizza with ranch. Everything with ranch! It's the american way.

Now I personally like my fries with mayo, something I picked up from being in Belgium/Germany where it's a much more common condiment than ketchup. But it's super calorie laden so I don't do it often.

I like capers a lot too, enough to eat them plain.

Ceviche. My problem is I barely get to restaurants these days, and I'm too worried about everything to prepare it myself.

I don't really have anything out there, except I will try every kind of hot sauce I encounter at least once. Without hesitation. I currently have sriracha, Tabasco and Frank's Red Hot in the cupboard. I've tried all sorts of regular cayenne pepper sauces, but whatever horrendous stuff likely goes into Frank's just makes me want more.

Sriracha goes really well with HP Sauce, I guess that's a weird enough combo to mention.

I'm not sure if this is strange, but I once put some (real, not the cheap corn syrup derivative) maple syrup on honey-nut cheerios. It was messy but pretty good.

I like real maple syrup, I just never have anything to put it on. Just like honey, I only like honey on biscuits and syrup on waffles or pancakes though both could be interchanged, but I don't eat biscuits and waffles/pancakes that much.

Ceviche. My problem is I barely get to restaurants these days, and I'm too worried about everything to prepare it myself.

I don't really have anything out there, except I will try every kind of hot sauce I encounter at least once. Without hesitation. I currently have sriracha, Tabasco and Frank's Red Hot in the cupboard. I've tried all sorts of regular cayenne pepper sauces, but whatever horrendous stuff likely goes into Frank's just makes me want more.

Sriracha goes really well with HP Sauce, I guess that's a weird enough combo to mention.
In the past 3 month I have had ceviche like 10 times and I’m not complaining :D

Top Bottom