Strange Problem with Alazkan

Marcvs Avrelivs

Warmongering Fool
I just installed FFH2 a week or so ago, after getting somewhat bored with standard Civ, and I have to say, I am very, very impressed with it: the different aspects of each religion is apparently the first thing that caught my eye :D

Anyway, this is my first proper (i.e. a game I actually intend to finish :lol: ) game and so far, it has been going well (I'm no means a pro in this... yet. But meh, we're just exploring). Currently playing as Svartalfar (that's how you spell it, right?) and just cleared my area of Acheron and TumTum.... and having my eyes across the seas.

So... current plan is to send a bunch of shadowriders and Alazkan to just do raids against Elohim, before building a giant army, then cast Veil of Night, then... well, obliterate without DoW :lol: Just one problem: Alazkan DOES NOT want to go into a ship.

Is he just scared of water, or something is preventing him from going? I mean, come on, we're night elves, but that doesn't mean we're scared of water :lol: I tried everything, from putting skeleton crew promotion on the ships to even removing the mirror from him, but he refuses. All my other units can go on it, but when I right-click a ship with Al, the thing turns red. Anyone know what's going on?

I've attached a save so you guys can take a look, if you so wish.

I'm not putting this in the bugs section, only because I think it's a mechanic that I haven't quite understood/encountered yet, so hopefully, that's all it is :)

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Fall From Heaven.CivBeyondSwordSave
    375.7 KB · Views: 94
I don't think Hidden Nationality units can board ships with declared nationality.

I don't think Hidden Nationality units can board ships with declared nationality.

Hm, apparently, it's the other way round: Alazkan had hidden nationality, so I just declared it then... voila, he's not afraid of water anymore. Same goes for my shadow riders apparently. Thank you very much, then, Lplate, that greatly helped :D

no it's not the "other way around" :
Lplate said :
hidden nationality units cannot go into ships that are not hidden nationality.

and that's what happened:

you have 2 options :
declare nationality to board an non-hidden nationality ship
OR
build a hidden nationality ship to get that hidden nationality unit on it:

Alazkan with hidden nationality could board a pirate ship (or corsaire, I don't remember the unit name).

an other thing to note: recon units with a hawk/parrot cannot board a boat as long as they carry the hawk : you'll have to rebase the hawk, board the boat, then have the hawk rebase on the hunter/scout later.

no it's not the "other way around" :
Lplate said :
hidden nationality units cannot go into ships that are not hidden nationality.

and that's what happened:

you have 2 options :
declare nationality to board an non-hidden nationality ship
OR
build a hidden nationality ship to get that hidden nationality unit on it:

Alazkan with hidden nationality could board a pirate ship (or corsaire, I don't remember the unit name).

an other thing to note: recon units with a hawk/parrot cannot board a boat as long as they carry the hawk : you'll have to rebase the hawk, board the boat, then have the hawk rebase on the hunter/scout later.

Hm, I misinterpreted his answer and thought that they can't board it with declared nationality; my mistake then.

As for your addition, hm, I WILL try that too and get Alazkan to board a privateer (or whatever that ship that my triremes upgraded to). Thank you very much :goodjob:

you're welcome

Top Bottom