Strange problem with red dots

james987123

Chieftain
First, I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere already - I did a couple searches for "red dot" "red" and "graphic issue" and could not find something relating to my problem.

After abandoning a modern-era game that simply ran too slowly, I started a new game on Prince difficulty and used the worldbuilder to give myself an advantage (added worker + settler) and deleted some irritating desert tiles around my starting area.

Roughly 100 turns later, odd red dots started appearing on some tiles. They're rather big, roughly the size of a mine + hill, and have only appeared in tiles that have improvements on them. They also cause the game to not graphically recognize the improvements (for example, one or two are on road intersections, and the connecting roads look like they are not connected to anything, yet my units can still move across these road/red dot tiles without trouble) Also, my cities still use these spots with no issue.

My game now has six of them in various spots. One's on a plantation, two are on mines...etc.

Thinking this was strange, I loaded up my old abandoned game and scoured the map. I could not find them - until I looked in the extreme north of my (very large) civilization and found six of them in a tight cluster. I tried deleting them with the worldbuilder, but when I add the improvements back with the worldbuilder or with workers, the dots come back.

Any idea?

Top Bottom