1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange problem with World Builder

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Peter Rey, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Peter Rey

Peter Rey Chieftain

Hello.
    I've a problem with the World Builder after installing Rise and Fall expansion.

I wanted to create a new map; so i've setted map parameters and launched the World Builder.

The new map was quite good so i've saved it in a file named "Prova"

When, lately i've loaded "Prova" i've noticed that Poland and Macedonia disappeared and so also Uluru and Ha Long Bay natural wonders....

I can't understand why....

Can someone help me, please?

Greetings

2. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Chieftain

If you use the "play your custom map" mod...

Had the same issue and found a workaround. It appears worldbuilder has issues loading maps, but can create them just fine. So, save your map as the custom map, and instead of loading it in worldbuilder, select "new map" - picking your custom map.

3. Peter Rey

Peter Rey Chieftain

Hi, Winged Hussar and thanks for help!

Now i can save and play my custom map.

BUT

I want to put in Scotland and Holland

If i select "standard ruleset" i can't select them

If i select "ruleset expansion_1" i can't select "customap" option

Is it normal??!!!

See ya and greetings!

4. Adama87

Adama87 Chieftain

Hi, I have the exact same problem.

I can save and play my custom maps fine using "standard ruleset" but cannot select any of the newly introduced ROF Civs (which I guess does make sense). However by selecting "expansion ruleset" I cannot select "CustomMap"

I have tried adding to the xml file:

<RulesetDomainOverrides>
    <Row Ruleset="RULESET_EXPANSION_1" ParameterId="Map" Domain="StandardMaps"/>
    <Row Ruleset="RULESET_STANDARD" ParameterId="Map" Domain="StandardMaps"/>
    </RulesetDomainOverrides>

But still no joy :(

Thanks to all for any suggestions!! :)

5. Adama87

Adama87 Chieftain

Okay I've figured this out with the help of some of members:

1) Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\876864462

2) Open config file

3) Replace:

<Row Ruleset="RULESET_STANDARD" ParameterId="Map" Domain="StandardMaps"/>

4) With:

<Row Ruleset="RULESET_EXPANSION_1" ParameterId="Map" Domain="StandardMaps"/>

Allows you to play custom maps using ROF rulset :)

6. bbufa

bbufa Chieftain

Could you please help, I'm newbie with modding :(
    I got same problem as @Peter Ray did, after saving and loading the map, Australia vanished from civ list.

I found the mod that @Winged Hussar said don't know what to do since others said it was obsolete after R&F :(

Pleas help, thank you.

Attached Files:

7. Moufas

Moufas Chieftain

Hello everyone ! i have a similar issue ... i played civ 6 a couple of years ago and found the *TZ solution to be able to make a map with worldbuilder and then load and play it in single player and it was all working fine
    i have installed the game again now as i have some spare time to mess around , with the Rise and fall expansion and all DLC's and so on .
    i used those *old* TZ files and the same method but there is this problem with the *new* civs ...
    i make a map in worldbuilder and change whatever i want in the map ( i can also choose a new civ - Mongols for example ) , i then save that map and name it TZ , exit game and copy that map from woldbuilder into single player
    but when i enter game again and go to single player - create game - advanced options and choose the *TZ ruleset* , it automatically removes the civ that i have choosen ( if its a new one like mongols ) , or it won't show all the new civs on the pick list
    im guessing that this TZ files that were made before all the dlcs and expansion .... are just unable to *see* the new civs?
    (as u ve guessed i have absolutly 0 programming knowledge)
    Does anyone have a solution for this one please !!!
    all i want is to be able to make a map on worldbuilder with any civ (including *new* ones) , alter the map as i want to and then play it like a normal map in single player
    Thanks in advance !
    Anyone could really use your help ! as i unfortunatly dont know for how much longer i ll have free time !

8. crytation

crytation Chieftain

If you are still interested in editing WorldBuilder maps with the Rise & Fall Expansion, I believe that I’ve figured out a way, as I too was searching for a way to do this and messed around with files myself.

9. crytation

crytation Chieftain

You have to change the domain for RULESET_EXPANSION_1 to “Maps:Expansion1Maps”. Figured it out by doing some research myself on the official DLC XMLs.

I’ve tested the following to confirm, but it seems that you cannot load an R&F map into the WorldBuilder after editing it. You must first ADD the map into the R&F Ruleset using the “Play Your Custom Maps” mod, place the Civ6Map file in the mod folder after changing the XML to add it under the DLC Ruleset, go into the WorldBuilder menu, create a NEW map using the map you would like to edit (which essentially just loads whatever you had previously created), and then you must rinse and repeat and replace the old Civ6Map file that the mod reads if you would like to load the map again after exiting. Loading the map like one would with Standard Ruleset maps will erase all R&F exclusive content. R&F maps MUST be loaded using the method described or else they will not work as desired. It’s a bit of a hassle, but for those truly dedicated or wishing to create custom maps with R&F content will hopefully find use from what I’ve said.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  10. Civfan1981nyc

Civfan1981nyc Chieftain

Hi crytation- can you give some exact steps? I changed the rule set in the config file to RULESET_EXPANSION_1. I start game. Go to world builder. Select NEW. Pick map size huge and any map type and select start. It just says start game. Please help. Thanks