Strange request from City-state

Mods

Warlord
Spoiler :

Not only is Tyre asking for the apparently legendary Aluminum while obviously built a mine on it. It also isn't giving the resource to me at all!
It's acting like it doesn't exist and it's pretty frustrating, is this a new bug?

Just because the resource is near doesn't mean they have connected it.

Thats odd. MasterMishi might be right though

they mined the tile but dont have the tech to see it , but you do

You're most likely right, but city states really shouldn't ask for resources they don't even know exist.
Hmm, so ally with them and get additional influence once they have the tech for aluminium and gift it to you ?

I did have a CS ask for a certain Great Person and then give me the person they asked for the very next turn. But that one counted.

You're most likely right, but city states really shouldn't ask for resources they don't even know exist.
Hmm, so ally with them and get additional influence once they have the tech for aluminium and gift it to you ?

Well how fast do city states gain new tech then? I always figured they automatically get every tech researched by a civ.

Anyway, I finished the game and Tyre (and every other city state) wouldn't give me their aluminum for the entire game and I was forced to go mine it myself.
I guess it's just another civ5 bug ;)

I'm wondering if you mined your own aluminum and made them happy, would they then 'know' aluminum and be able to mine their own stash?

I think the best approach would be to culture-bomb them with a great artist and steal the tile with the aluminum. The bonus for connecting aluminum wouldn't make up for the penalty for bombing them, but it would be fun.

Top Bottom