Strategic Industry

Strategic Industry V. 10.01

Also remember, the Maryannu Chariot Archer upgrades to an Archer, not a knight like the Heavy Chariot.

2 copper for a galley seems excessive, especially given the need to rush two of them in order to be able to embark all land units.

2 copper for a galley seems excessive, especially given the need to rush two of them in order to be able to embark all land units.
You need to build the Harbor to lower the requirement to 1. Remember the Encampment does this for land units and the Aerodrome does this for air units.

Is Anyone Finding Enemies Arent Building Much Variety, as They Probably Dont have Access to The Resources They Need?

Sorry Aboutt the Caps, myy phones Going Weird

Is anyone else having it where the AI isn't building lots of variety, I guess because they don't have the resources??

I mean I know that in vanilla the AI can already have just heaps of warriors and slingers, but if spearmen require bronze, and the ai doesn't have it, then they're not going to bother chasing it down :(

Is anyone else having it where the AI isn't building lots of variety, I guess because they don't have the resources??

I mean I know that in vanilla the AI can already have just heaps of warriors and slingers, but if spearmen require bronze, and the ai doesn't have it, then they're not going to bother chasing it down :(
I increased the frequency that Copper and Stone appear on the map in hopes that its not too difficult to get. I may have to increase the frequency.

UncivilizedGuy updated Strategic Industry with a new update entry:

Update to 2.1

Tripled the occurrences of strategic resources except Uranium which was doubled.

Added more valid terrain possibilities for strategic resources.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did some quick research on strategic resources. In the real world most of these strategic resources haven't been too difficult for nations to acquire. War time strategy is usually about destroying strategic targets and cutting off supply lines. Resources were usually available as long as trade wasn't interrupted. This should be what makes improved resources strategic, IMHO.

In the Bronze Age Tin was actually the strategic resource. It was only located in a couple of far off locations and the Tin trade was always threatened. Copper is fairly common and not too difficult to get. It seems that nations have never had a difficult time acquiring Iron. Iron was the substitute for bronze when the resources were not available. So making the resources more available is not unreasonable.

Last edited:

Update to 2.1

Did some quick research on strategic resources. In the real world most of these strategic resources haven't been too difficult for nations to acquire. War time strategy is usually about destroying strategic targets and cutting off supply lines. Resources were usually available as long as trade wasn't interrupted. This should be what makes improved resources strategic, IMHO.

In the Bronze Age Tin was actually the strategic resource. It was only located in a couple of far off locations and the Tin trade was always threatened. Copper is fairly common and not too difficult to get. It seems that nations have never had a difficult time acquiring Iron. Iron was the substitute for bronze when the resources were not available. So making the resources more available is not unreasonable.
You know in the game bombers only have strategic bombing. Battleships, fighter planes, artillery and missile destroyer should also have that ability. Example in this day in age fighter jets are the main use for bombing and taking out strategic positions, battleships were used in ww2 for that.

Hi. First i must say great mod. Currently on 250 turn as England and everything works fine...except AI. Due to incompetence to acquire strategic resources (unless they trade with me, which is really rare) they only build their unique units and completely scrap other. Or, if they have have access lets say to 3x horse and 2x iron, they will always buy horse units and forget iron units. Now i have map full of 80 Gilgamesh war trucks or French horses, because Gilgamesh is poor bastard without resource and French have like 4 horses tiles. I think, you should add strategic resources restriction to unique units. Either fix it or break it, but still it will be better, than AI having 80 units, which they trying to move each turn. I will tweak it, to see what will be AI doing, when their precious unique units require strategic resources "evil laugh". This maybe stop situations, where Gilgamesh destroy me in 10 turns, because he already have 5 war trucks and i don't have even scout yet.

Last edited:

Update to 2.1

Did some quick research on strategic resources. In the real world most of these strategic resources haven't been to difficult for nations to acquire. War time strategy is usually about destroying strategic targets. This should be what makes improved resources strategic, IMHO.

In the Bronze Age Tin was actually the strategic resource. It was only located in a couple of far off locations and the Tin trade was always threatened. Copper is fairly common and not too difficult to get. It seems that nations have never had a difficult time acquiring Iron. Iron was the substitute for bronze when the resources were not available.
Hi. First i must say great mod. Currently on 250 turn as England and everything works fine...except AI. Due to incompetence to acquire strategic resources (unless they trade with me, which is really rare) they only build their unique units and completely scrap other. Or, if they have have access lets say to 3x horse and 2x iron, they will always buy horse units and forget iron units. Now i have map full of 80 Gilgamesh war trucks or French horses, because Gilgamesh is poor bastard without resource and French have like 4 horses tiles. I think, you should add strategic resources restriction to unique units. Either fix it or break it, but still it will be better, than AI having 80 units, which they trying to move each turn. I will tweak it, to see what will be AI doing, when their precious unique units require strategic resources "evil laugh". This maybe stop situations, where Gilgamesh destroy me in 10 turns, because he already have 5 war trucks and i don't have even scout yet.
are you playing with the most recent version?

are you playing with the most recent version?
Of course. It fix a problem, when enemies cant build or upgrade, when they don't have enough resources, but they still spam insane amount of unique units. I'm doing complete rebalance, where all units will have their appropriate tech (Ergo- war carts: Horse, Wheel. Egyptian archer: Horse, Archery) and so on. I could release it here, after at least basic testing, which will took quite a while. Also im balancing it with Mads Tech Tree mod in mind. Might tweak it too, because lot of unique units are tied up to archery technology (have bows and arrows).

Last edited:
Good luck :) I finally find out after 2 hours research how the hell connect those damn lines. Turns out i tried to add technology in to technology, not link them :D Finally i manage to connect Archery to Horseback riding..20 tech next :D At least i have here god Sabaton to help me out xD

Alternate Units

Added alternate units. Some units can now be constructed with an alternate resource or building. The purpose is to make units easier to build and hopefully this will help the AI out. My choices for resources and buildings are based on my research of history.

Stone no longer is a strategic resource. It never was historically as far as I can tell. Honestly I didn't like it as the requirement of only one unit. The Catapult now can be constructed with Iron or Copper since these materials are...

Please see the intro post for more information. Things have changed!

Last edited:
Hello,
Awesome mod, THANK YOU very much for creating it! I do have a issue with the latest update however -- with the new art content, you say to install the "The contents of the Art_Assets subdirectory should be copied into your Civ VI game root directory (e.g. .../steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI) overwriting the 4 existing files" I have a Mac Steam install, I go to C://users/myname/library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI and do not see any of those files??? all I see is 2 folders - _CommonRedist and DLC, and the game app Civilization VI. Neither of the 2 folders have the files either... So where do these art files go??? thanks

Hello,
Awesome mod, THANK YOU very much for creating it! I do have a issue with the latest update however -- with the new art content, you say to install the "The contents of the Art_Assets subdirectory should be copied into your Civ VI game root directory (e.g. .../steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI) overwriting the 4 existing files" I have a Mac Steam install, I go to C://users/myname/library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI and do not see any of those files??? all I see is 2 folders - _CommonRedist and DLC, and the game app Civilization VI. Neither of the 2 folders have the files either... So where do these art files go??? thanks
You don't see a file named Base? Mac might have a different file structure that I'm unfamiliar with. It's possible Deliverator knows or find someone who has a Mac. Try asking him in his MOAR Units discussion. His install instructions are the same.

Top Bottom