Strategic Industry

Strategic Industry V. 10.01

Loading with 5.03 works fine for me.

There is a small oversight in the unit_abilities.xml, the uranium ability references the aluminium modifier:

Code:
                <Row>
            <UnitAbilityType>ABILITY_URANIUM</UnitAbilityType>
            <ModifierId>ALU_RESOURCE_COMBAT</ModifierId>
        </Row>
Thanks for pointing that out. Interesting that its not showing in my logs.

Sadly still the same problem :(
Have you updated your game with the winter patch? I just took a look at Respen's logs and it appears his game is crashing because the game text is not referencing properly. The winter patch has allowed modders to add game text without overwriting core files. Another thing you might try is to uninstall Civ6 and do a fresh install to make sure all of the altered core files are restored back to original. I had to do this to solve a problem that I was having.

Have you updated your game with the winter patch? I just took a look at Respen's logs and it appears his game is crashing because the game text is not referencing properly. The winter patch has allowed modders to add game text without overwriting core files. Another thing you might try is to uninstall Civ6 and do a fresh install to make sure all of the altered core files are restored back to original. I had to do this to solve a problem that I was having.
Ok, this time i forgot to disable AI+ mod. Without it game load properly.

Thanks for pointing that out. Interesting that its not showing in my logs.

Because everything is working fine with the game's logic, only that you get the combat bonus for aluminium instead of uranium. :)

May I ask where you set the resource class-tags for the MOAR-units, so they get the resource combat bonus as well?
Code:
<Row Type="UNIT_TANK" Tag="CLASS_IRON"/>
for the Panzer for example?

I can't find it anywhere, only the regular classes of the MOAR-mod. But maybe I'm just blind. :D

Because everything is working fine with the game's logic, only that you get the combat bonus for aluminium instead of uranium. :)

May I ask where you set the resource class-tags for the MOAR-units, so they get the resource combat bonus as well?
Code:
<Row Type="UNIT_TANK" Tag="CLASS_IRON"/>
for the Panzer for example?

I can't find it anywhere, only the regular classes of the MOAR-mod. But maybe I'm just blind. :D
In the xml file named Data.

In the xml file named Data.

Yeah, that's where I expected it to be (somewhere around line 470) and searched the file a couple of times now, but it is definitely not there. Only for the vanilla units.
So I really don't know how the resource combat bonus is supposed to work for the MOAR units at the moment, but maybe I'm just missing something here, so could you please enlighten me? :)

Yeah, that's where I expected it to be (somewhere around line 470) and searched the file a couple of times now, but it is definitely not there. Only for the vanilla units.
So I really don't know how the resource combat bonus is supposed to work for the MOAR units at the moment, but maybe I'm just missing something here, so could you please enlighten me? :)
You're correct. It wasn't there. It's there now, thanks! :thumbsup:

Hey. Why this mod is not compatible with the mod AI + (9)? When loading save appears "Start of Game", then there is a crash in the main menu. Thanks for the answer!

UPD.
I deleted the file "Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels". The saved game was loaded.

Last edited:
After some trial and error making new games and loading them ive found This Strategic Industry/MOAR does not work with the AI+ mod.
I'm afraid i'm removing this mod as I played through a game of civ6, and came back next day and couldn't load it and tried everything. super angry.
See if you can find out what's going on please? AI+ use no files that you do, as far as I can see.
I've also noticed that your battleships are actually warriors, which is funny watching them skate across the water.

###Just saw the above post with the same problem and it got fixed.###

Last edited:
After some trial and error making new games and loading them ive found This Strategic Industry/MOAR does not work with the AI+ mod.
I'm afraid i'm removing this mod as I played through a game of civ6, and came back next day and couldn't load it and tried everything. super angry.
See if you can find out what's going on please? AI+ use no files that you do, as far as I can see.
I've also noticed that your battleships are actually warriors, which is funny watching them skate across the water.

###Just saw the above post with the same problem and it got fixed.###
The joys of modding. I'm glad you guys solved the AI+ problem. I stopped using that mod because I have been testing the recent patch. Just discovered the battleship problem today and I'm working on solving it as I speak.

The problem with AI+ is caused by the Barbarian Horse Archer, which gets deleted by Strategic Industry but is referenced by AI+.
Just go to the Tribes, Bandits and Rebels.xml and at the very end of the file, change the <Units>-section to
Code:
<Units>
<Delete UnitType="UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN"/>
<!-- <Delete UnitType="UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSE_ARCHER"/> -->
<Delete UnitType="UNIT_BARBARIAN_BARBARIAN_RAIDER"/>
</Units>

Hey UG, are you planning on implementing the new units from the MOAR-update as well?

UncivilizedGuy updated Strategic Industry with a new update entry:

Now compatible with MOAR Units 0.52

Solved issue with crashes related to MOAR Units, Aztec DLC, Poland DLC and Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels that were occurring when saved games were loaded. Issue was resolved by adding a LoadOrder element to the modinfo file.

Removed MOAR Units in it's entirety from Strategic Industry. MOAR Units must be loaded separately.

Removed Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels in it's entirety from Strategic Industry. Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels must be loaded separately.

Created removable compatibility...

Now compatible with MOAR Units 0.52.

MOAR Units and Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels have been removed from Strategic Industry. Those mods must be enabled separately if you want to use them. If you don't use MOAR Units, Poland DLC and/or Aztec DLC then the compatibility files must be removed from Strategic Industry.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom