1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Strategic Industry V. 10.01

Strategic Resources, Districts and Buildings are required for more units.

1. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

As of the most recent update this mod prevents the game from launching.

2. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

Mod is working just fine. If you don't use MOAR or the Aztecs-DLC, you have to delete the respective compatibility-folders.

3. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I do though, and I keep getting sent back to the main menu.

4. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

What combination of MOAR/ DLCs do you use?
    Also could you post your Database.log? You can find it here:
    My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs

5. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I've added in a few new ones, but previously they were all working together fine. Was there a game update recently (post winter patch)?

Attached Files:

6. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

Oh, my bad, I forgot that there was no SI-update for the latest MOAR-updates so far, sorry. :undecide:
    I keep updating this mod with each MOAR-release myself, but I've sent the changes to UG yesterday, so maybe he is going to include them soon. He has a lot of big mods to maintain, so I guess keeping everything up to date is a ton of work.

Well, what currently breaks compatibility for you are the Hussar and the Jinete, but even if you remove their entries from SI, all the new MOAR-units still wouldn't be supported.

I'd offer to send you my updated version which includes support for everything including both MOAR expansions, but I don't know if UG would be okay with that and I also made quite a few changes like
    -no more duplicate ships, instead Oil (or Coal for the old stuff) now grants extra movement instead of a combat bonus to all units where it makes sense
    -ships and tanks now require Iron instead of Oil (I mean... look at these things!)
    -siege units require Niter (Bombard, Field Cannon...)
    -aircraft require Aluminum again (but receive bonus attack range from Oil)
    -included Tech-Tree changes from the original Biao's Strategic Resource-mod to avoid dead end techs (so the AI will research all of them and use their associated units as well)
    -and a bunch of other tweaks in an attempt to balance these changes and bonuses (Tanks shouldn't be faster than Mechanized Infantry and so on)

My aim was to keep as much primary resource diversity as possible (especially in the late game), so that it makes sense for all resources to own more than just 1 copy, because the AI would always buy a second copy which should be justified, and it also offers an incentive for more trading or conquering.
    But that's just my personal preference.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  7. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

8. BUNDESKAISER

BUNDESKAISER Chieftain

i can't enbla your mod

i explain when i tried to enable this it's mrk : missingdependencies (. . .)

i have deleted these but.....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  9. UncivilizedGuy

Interesting. I'll take a look at it. Dependencies were not preventing the mod to load before. Firaxis may have resolved that in the last patch.

10. UncivilizedGuy

11. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Chieftain

So I followed all the installation instructions - I had to download the MOAR units as I did not have that but I did already have the required DLC.
    Both packs appear in the mods section as they are supposed to.
    But it simply does not work for me - I cannot create a game at all. Every time I try, no matter what leader I pick (using Standard map, larger maps and levels from King upwards as soon as I have set up & go to start game it dumps me back to the setup menu again. I have obviously done (or not done) something incorrect but for the life of me I cannot see the problem. It cannot be the map size - what would be the point of forcing a small map? Likewise it cannot be the level (same objection - what would be the point of forcing an easier level) and it really should not be the leader either.
    So I am stumped.

Anyone got any ideas suited to Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, 32Gb RAM etc so I have the grunt to run it.

12. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

Please post the content of your database.log after trying to start a game. it can be found here:
    My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs

13. UncivilizedGuy

What Lynne's said. It's the only way I can narrow this down. Did you install all 4 MOAR units mods?

14. SonnyWiFiHr

SonnyWiFiHr Chieftain

Can I edit your files for
    The Test of Time 1004 + Moar 0.71

15. UncivilizedGuy

16. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

If I may ask, in the Data.xml file under <Improvement_ValidResources>, what does setting MustRemoveFeature to false do?

17. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

It allows you to build the improvement without removing terrain features like forests or jungle.

18. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Awesome, thank you.

19. copden1123

copden1123 Chieftain

is still update ? MOAR unit is v0.77 now

20. meanFalse

meanFalse Chieftain

There is a Great Person who can reveal Oil early. He used to be very good for snatching oil spawn. Can you find him (because I forget the name) and give him something else? Maybe something like "build an oil well without the required tech". Also, biplane should not require oil. I mean, it's just a cute little biplane :D