1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Strategic Resources

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by fervalosious, Aug 10, 2016.

1. fervalosious

fervalosious Chieftain

I don't know how other people feel about this, but I always felt like the strategic resources weren't useful enough in previous civ games. It may be because I was always playing on Marathon game speed, but I always felt like I had more strategic resources than I ever needed. Occassionally I might run out of oil for planes, but I never felt the need to wage war over these resources. Iron was one thing that I almost never needed.

Thinking of Beyond Earth, air units don't even require any strategic resources at all..

I wish that there were more units in Civilization 6 that required strategic resources this time around which would make them more valuable and worth warring over.

2. SMA333M

SMA333M Warlord

Actually I always play Civ 5 with abundant resources... it's annoying for me to only have like 4 aluminium when I'm the type who builds at least 15-20 stealth bombers, 6-12 Jet fighters and also Modern Armors, Helicopters, Rocket Artillery... I never have enough.

If you play with normal resources, having so many units is just a dream lol. And even though I build so many Stealth Bombers, I still use normal Bombers too, to have even more fire power and because Bombers can be stationed on Carriers. I do use a lot of Carriers. At least 6.