1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Strategies for Nubia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Roblord, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Roblord

Roblord Chieftain

I'm reasonably new to Civ 6(only used the Romans and Kongo so far). I get that Nubia is all about archer spam, but at some point you have to build some buildings and districts. What should I focus on with this civ?

2. GeorgeF

GeorgeF Warlord

Let other nations build districts. Take their cities. When you run short of funds because you haven't hit political philosophy yet for 2 military cards, build culture so you get there faster. Other than that its just culture, science like any other nation. But really you need not build any districts for a long while unless your neighbors don't build campuses.

3. taulph88

taulph88 Warlord

Are the Nubian pyramids stackable? Do I get multiple bonuses to production or is it just one Nubian pyramid per city?

4. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

I'm playing Nubia emperor for the first time now. I recommend barracks. You've got an already-large xp bonus that lasts all game. Barracks plays to your strength. Double-shot xbows are blistering. Two shots can take out a courser. Put off upgrading your pitatis until you have to--that extra movement is big.

Yes, Nubia is strong building districts. But I wouldn't spam them just yet, until the timing is right. Later you can make a monumentality era dedication, which can propel you to a Golden/Heroic age. You can always start them early, but you get the era bonus when you finish.

P.s. I'm pretty sure nubian pyramids are not stackable, as far as +20% district building bonus.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

No but they work well with Liang.