Strategy for score only victory

KBJ500

Chieftain
Guys

Firstly, compliments to all who contribute to the site. It looks really good.

I have played all of the Civ's to date except the space one. I only started playing Civ 6 recently as it wouldn't perform on my old Macbook pro, I now have a new iMac which is excellent.

Rather than going for a specific type of victory I want to win the game by 500 turns on score only. I like the idea of being good enough at everything. Should I just try and take the top tips for the specific victories. How would you go about cumulating the highest score.

Thanks

If you look at the Victory Screen for Score victory you can see the contributions to your total points from: the number of Civics and Technologies you discover, the Great People you recruit, whether or not you have a Religion, how many Wonders you build, and finally, the rather more vague Empire score.

This last set, the Empire score, is based on the number of cities you have, their population and the number of districts you build in them. This is by far the most important way of gaining points. So Settle, Settle, Conquer and Settle. Then build as many districts as you can and keep getting food to raise their population. Neigbourhoods and Aqueducts and other non-population-capped Districts do not count.

Here is a more detailed breakdown of the different ways to increase your score: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/score-s-calculations.603919/

Just kill, take everything and build as many districts as possible in as many cities.... I got as far as T280 or something then just gave up as it becomes very boring.
adding extra civs may prolong your enjoyment, although it still becomes pretty one-sided pretty early on

You can look at the "After Actions" threads for Game of the Month (GOTM) #12 and #20 for ideas on how to get the highest possible score. Those games were capped at 250 turns and that was enough to fill a standard map with cities.

Thanks for all the replies.

I am now working my way through different scenarios just for the experience.

Current game:
America
Prince
Quick
Continents
Large map
16 Civs
No city states
No religious victory

Top Bottom