Strategy Guide

yogiebere

Civilization City Planner
As this mod comes closer to being completed, I'm starting to think about creating a strategy guide (a subforum for it perhaps) for new players, players who wish to discuss strategy, and a guide for players who just can't quite get that one UHV complete. This could also help determine if the UHVs are doable enough (in addition to playtesting).

Would anyone be interested in contributing?

Unfortunately with the many changes that we are introducing, this is a bit early. Everything that you say here would have a rather short half-life.

If you want to discuss strategies, then go ahead of course.

I'm not sure about a 'guide' but I could probrably give some tips on the one or the other civ.
But I've noticed (as 3miro mentioned) that some of the changes to the game have radicaly changed gameplay, thus making some strategies useless.
On the other hand many things depend greatly on the starting situation, especially when tech trading comes into consideration.
And I put a really large emphasis on building certain wonders even if not necessary or even contraproductive :)
Historical etc. i.e. Stephansdom in Wien, Torre de Belem in Lisboa, Magna Charta and Westminster in London. Leaning Tower in Pisa :D (possible by Genua or Venice)

Using Cordoba, just quickly attack Spain before it gains power. Use brute strength to get them to capitulate and use them as a block when you attack France. Get open borders quickly with Portugal and get them to Islam. They aren't much of an issue. Just plow through France, Burgundy, and anyone else who gets in your way. This was on Monarchy for the record.

Top Bottom