Strategy Informer Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword preview

Interesting, espionage icons are different in this version.

And I didn't know the Apostolic Palace only 'covered' the continent on which it is built.

Thanks, always nice to see a new preview. Nothing new there though. Thanks anyway.

nice... what was that "open secret" the guy was talking about?

I like this icon a lot more. I wonder which previewer got the latest version of the game, because in this preview you can still see weird unfinished artwork and icons. I maybe the red icon is the finished one and the glasses icon thingy in this preview was just a early idea.

That was a favorable review. He seemed impressed although the ending was cryptic.
He likes to play diplomacy and to "turtle" up but the new early U.N. -like building, espionage and corporations make this strategy dynamic.
Hurricanes can wipe out a city. I like that.

nice... what was that "open secret" the guy was talking about?
Afterworld and Final Frontier :)
I like this icon a lot more. I wonder which previewer got the latest version of the game, because in this preview you can still see weird unfinished artwork and icons. I maybe the red icon is the finished one and the glasses icon thingy in this preview was just a early idea.
I think this was the older version.

Look at William of Orange in the diplomacy-manager (one of the screens), it's barely a sketch.

Afterworld and Final Frontier :)
I think this was the older version.

Look at William of Orange in the diplomacy-manager (one of the screens), it's barely a sketch.

Indeed, also note the icon at the top right of the screen. The symbol for the religions and foreign trading screens are repeated.

It's too bad, because this means this cool spy symbol probably has been replaced with the dumb red thing.

On this screenshot with the Stealth Destroyer.

Has the SD (lower left corner) an strange Experience (2/3). It means it's receive his second promotion after only 3! XP.

Only for naval or also for land & air units?

The BTS trailer also had the red spy icon, so I guess Strategy Informer really had a very old version of the game.

On this screenshot with the Stealth Destroyer.

Has the SD (lower left corner) an strange Experience (2/3). It means it's receive his second promotion after only 3! XP.

Only for naval or also for land & air units?

No, that's because he plays as Churchill, so he's charismatic. Nothing new here.

They must have an older verison of the game. There is a symbol for GE and McDonalds, which are not corporations in the game. William Van Oranje doesn't even have a full leader head, just a sketch. The espionage and corporation screens don't have their own symbol.

They must have an older verison of the game. There is a symbol for GE and McDonalds, which are not corporations in the game. William Van Oranje doesn't even have a full leader head, just a sketch. The espionage and corporation screens don't have their own symbol.

Makes me wonder if they were going to use real corporations at some point in development and decided to drop it or if the McDonalds logo is nothing but placeholder art.

Anyways I'm sure somebody will make a 'real corporations' mod shortly after BtS is released.

Makes me wonder if they were going to use real corporations at some point in development and decided to drop it or if the McDonalds logo is nothing but placeholder art.

Anyways I'm sure somebody will make a 'real corporations' mod shortly after BtS is released.

I think it was simply a placeholder image. I don't think anyone was so naive during production that they thought actual real corporation would be doable.

Yeah, the William van Oranje screenshot is nothing more than a sketch of him. It must be an old copy.

But what do you think the two "open secrets" are going to be??

And I didn't know the Apostolic Palace only 'covered' the continent on which it is built.

To be fair, it is built in a game era when a lot of the world is often undiscovered, and it would be a little odd for a civ on the other side of the world to receive a notification that they can vote someone they've never met as a leader of an organisation they've never heard of to represent a religion unknown to them :crazyeye:

In one of the screenshots, Chitzen Itza is a city (a Mayan one I guess). Did they rename the wonder, or are we going to have to accept weird situations?

Of course they will not rename the Wonder. :lol:
The game is full of these weird thing. Overlapping citynames for instance.

Top Bottom