Strategy Layers?

MattEv

Chieftain
Can anyone provide me with a quick how-to for using the strategy layer feature? I saw mention of it with regards to using it to mark the map for potential city sites, and I'd like to give it a whirl. Any help is appreciated.

MattEv said:
Can anyone provide me with a quick how-to for using the strategy layer feature? I saw mention of it with regards to using it to mark the map for potential city sites, and I'd like to give it a whirl. Any help is appreciated.

1. Zoom out to globe view.
  2. Press the Strategy Layer button (The leftmost button above the minimap).
  3. Select if you want to draw lines or write signs.

So you can only use the globe view to draw on the map then? If that's the case, I guess it wouldn't translate well to mapping out potential city locations/borders.

You don't have to be at the "Globe" level of detail to use signs.

To add a sign to a location, click "Alt-S".
That will give you a green square cursor that highlights whatever map square you are pointing at.
Then simply click on the square you want and you'll be given the option of adding a sign (limited characters available...30?).
To turn off the sign-writing option, click "Alt-S" again.

Mighty Grum said:
You don't have to be at the "Globe" level of detail to use signs.

To add a sign to a location, click "Alt-S".
That will give you a green square cursor that highlights whatever map square you are pointing at.
Then simply click on the square you want and you'll be given the option of adding a sign (limited characters available...30?).
To turn off the sign-writing option, click "Alt-S" again.

Great tip! This will save me a lot of trouble, as I've always been zooming out to the globe view

coordinate troop movements, plan new cities, highlight resourses

you know statagize

Top Bottom