Stream on thursday? Will the last sponsor be revealed?

The Naug

Chieftain
Only two and a half weeks left to release. Does anyone know what this week's stream will be about? Last week's stream was rather uneventful.

I asked Kevin if the sponsor would be revealed at Firaxicon, and he said they have other plans. So it's either this week or next week before Firaxicon. I'm leaning towards this week.

No one know what exactly in the dev's head. No one knows.

If anyone want some sense of certainty, I would say I pretty sure the dev may announce it somewhere between the next millisecond from now to milliseconds before the game' release, or maybe we would just have to find them in the game by ourselves. :)

I asked Kevin if the sponsor would be revealed at Firaxicon, and he said they have other plans. So it's either this week or next week before Firaxicon. I'm leaning towards this week.

Or it won't be revealed until you buy/download it :mischief:

I think they will simply just make a blog to make everyone gone OMG on him/her.
And someone should make a countdown for Rising Tide already. I just know that there are around two weeks left. No joke. XD

And someone should make a countdown for Rising Tide already. I just know that there are around two weeks left. No joke. XD
16 days until Rising tide release. and we still don't know what it the other half of the game is.

I think they will simply just make a blog to make everyone gone OMG on him/her.

With the amount of customization per sponsor in rising tide I doubt anything would make us go OMG. If it did though, it would make the other sponsors pale in comparison which would be a potential issue.

The Thursday livestream is confirmed. No word on if they have anything special planned for it though.

The Thursday livestream is confirmed. No word on if they have anything special planned for it though.

They usually post an ad that is more specific to the live stream topic to day before the live stream. So we should find out tomorrow what the live stream will actually be about.

Problem: Early game is alright but late game is boring/nonexistent.

Solution: Make the early game more interesting and continue to ignore the late game. Don't even add new victory conditions because "that would too crazy."

Problem: Early game is alright but late game is boring/nonexistent.

Solution: Make the early game more interesting and continue to ignore the late game. Don't even add new victory conditions because "that would too crazy."

I have a feeling this is what's happening. They don't show because there's nothing to

Late game for them is hybrid affinity units.

They don't even bother really emphasizing them as a core feature, and for good reason.

They're incomplete.

You have very unique hybrid design aesthetics that apply only to the new combat units, not the leaders or cities or anything else.

You have a flying hybrid aircraft carrier that won't even hold hybrid aircraft, because there are none.

You have a unique unit that can enhance the strength of one adjacent unit by 10%... basically a nerfed Great General.

New stealth mechanics are interesting, but that's about it.

considering I usually get those units fast I hardly consider them late game.

Im calling it now moons as the next expansion if there is one with hybrid win conditions.

I'd like aliens. Because there's no real civ with aliens and it be cool.

You may have a wait a while for mods to make it happen.

M&M already said they don't think intelligent aliens are in keeping with the realism they want to have in this game... even though alien ruins and marvels are everywhere.

Oh and they have a resource called Firaxite. Because that's not silly at all.

Tomorrow's livestream will reveal new art. Yeah. That's it. Art.

The tweet does say "and more". So maybe they will reveal something new. I can't imagine they will do a whole live stream just to show us the same tech discovered art, virtue art and diplo traits art that we have already seen in every let's play. That would be so lame. And the let's plays we have seen so far have been old builds so maybe they will show off the final build that we will get on release day that has all the finished art and new tweaks?

While I highly doubt it, I'd be very amused if the 'new art' in question is the Hybrid affinity Leaders / Cities / base units everyone's been so mad about them leaving out. Would be an epic troll move on their part if that were somehow to be the case :p

Top Bottom