1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stream on thursday? Will the last sponsor be revealed?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by The Naug, Sep 22, 2015.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

That sounds a lot like the moving paintings that Endless Space did for their faction intros.

2. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Diablo 3ish Cinematics would be awesome. Really liked that pseudo-comicbook-yet-moving style.

3. Veras

Veras Prince

Unfortunately it was a very lame stream.

They showed some really nice Arts for the loading screen, but we've seen 3 of them already.

And all of sudden they start doing the same they do in all streams: early game, click click click. Except that this time I think they wanted to show us the victory movie for Domination, but failed miserably to defeat one-city Al Falah.

To get things worse, Will choose to answer questions that he, one of the lead designers, is not sure of the answer. He could just have ignored the question, but actually choose to read it and answer that he don't know.

4. Ryika

Had some good moments though. I was VERY happy when they revealed that those Fungus-Thingies give Extra-Food to surrounding tiles. That will probably make them worth fighting over and have an actual impact to the game.

15% Food Carryover from the Quest could also be strong enough to - especially if one of these nodes is in range of building a city - define the go-to strategy used on Fungal Biome. So from that point of view I'm rather happy right now.

/edit: Oh and border colors of unknown Civs are now hidden + the help-popups of hidden sponsors finally got fixed, too. :D

5. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Link to video please!

6. Ryika

7. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

thanks!

8. Veras

Veras Prince

The food on fungus tiles wasn't new either, just the marvel quest. I wish other marvels had tile bonuses as well.

And when I saw that grey sponsor arriving I though for a moment that it was the 4th sponsor, even held my breath :D

9. Manannan

Manannan Prince

Does anyone else have concerns about this basically being space skill dorado? I know it's a tiny map, but you can't convince me there won't be map rolls where the fungus things are all bunched up in one area like that throwing balance right out the window.

Although I will say this stream was a fitting metaphor for BE in general.

10. Veras

Veras Prince

It was a duel game, the smallest map. On other streams the marvels were better scattered throughout the map.

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Pete just Tweeted that no, you can't build Terrascapes in water.

12. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

How many new art /splash screen did they show,? I wont be able to watch until tomorrow :(

13. Ryika

Makes me curious about Academies and to a lesser extend Biowells.

Would be hilarious f they can't be built on water tiles. :D That's like saying "Hey, we have this cool new feature, it's called Water Cities - but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DON'T EVER USE IT!!" :D

14. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

There is more to BE than just spamming academies and biowells and winning in 200 turns! :D:):p

15. Veras

Veras Prince

Better to remove Academies from the game than to have water Academies.

Water academies would make the spam even worse because of the much greater availability of space to build it.

16. Galgus

Galgus Emperor

So long as Science is so dominant, I don't think there should be a spammable improvement that grants it.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

well reduce yield and increase maintenance, so it looks like 2:c5science: 4:c5gold: maintenance.
    or this, this works fine as well.

waste of time if you are trying to convince Ryika, but maybe this will convince him to try one game without spamming academies, since he has played AoE2 I shall put it in terms as such, just because Persian War Elephants are the strongest unit in the game doesn't mean you play Persia and spam Elephants every game even if its unstoppable and "OPTIMAL" that word again.

18. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

I'd say keep science yield but increase maintenance by 3.

19. Natura

Natura Warlord

So they put in buffs for Terrascapes in Purity, and at the same time don't include the ability to build them in the water.

That makes absolutely no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that they ran out of time to do new graphics for water Terrascapes.

If other improvements like Academies, Nodes and Biowells can't be built underwater either, then water cities just seem needlessly restrictive. Can't spread borders naturally, can't build certain improvements, lower defenses. Aside from the novelty aspect, there doesn't really seem to be any actual advantage to settling in the water.

20. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

GASP!

:eek: