1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stream on thursday? Will the last sponsor be revealed?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by The Naug, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Which you may never get around to building as a result of having to spend production just to move around and expand your borders.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

No I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, hopefully they don't completely miss the target but we will see "soon" Firaxis' favorite word. :lol:

oh well, thanks for answering that, I really hope they didn't ignore the problem entirely but I don't have much reason to believe they fixed it.

well 75% of the time I don't do tradition about 45% of the time I do Honor (yes honor I find it works quite well) the other 30% I use liberty I also don't take Rationalism until later but than again I don't do science victory ever (its probably the most boring) so I guess you could say I don't play like most people.
    the issue I have is playing the same way over and over and over again is insanely boring, its not how I play, keep things new not just "oh do this again" as it is the building quests are pushing it with the obvious so-called "choices" (remember one energy or one extra trade route?) whoever thought that was even a choice is just beyond help, I don't self-impose challenges on myself but I'm not going to waste my time on the same boring strategy over and over again, I find fun in playing the so-called sub-optimal ways in Civ V and finishing in much better than the predicted times, I could spam academies for one game maybe two but that's about it.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Hopefully there are buildings for water cities that fill the gaps we've noticed.

4. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

What I want is improvements that are affected by their surroundings, instead of a water Academy - a deep sea research station that gets science from different neighboring resource. Like the French chautue. (spelling?)

5. ZTZaorish

ZTZaorish Warlord

Watching Pete play a war game hurt my brain so much...

Anyways, looks like they are running out of stuff to show us. Well, boys, nothing to see here I guess. The expansion will be ok, but honestly, it just looks full of missed opportunities

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but trust me. This game has 99 more things to fix and work on before it gets to something as specific as this. Hoping they fix something like this is a pretty bad idea in my opinion. Now, modders might do this for you if they can.

Ugh... This isn't even out yet and I already feel disappointed. Maybe once the lackluster reviews come out for this they'll finally truly listen to us. Until then, the struggle to communicate to them shall continue.

Shoutout to Westwall -> I believe in our ability to do this, we can and will do whatever it takes for these devs to fix this game.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

yeah Pete's war game needs serious work he probably shouldn't play dual maps.

well I really don't think we should judge the game based solely on what we've seen from the livestreams, it may turn out better than you expect or at least I hope it does.

they haven't touched on a lot of things that need changing in the livestreams we haven't seen how VCs are changed or "rebalanced" which I hope isn't just some joke like 10/8, but like I said don't judge it just yet I personally rely on player reviews like on steam for a final verdict.

but really this could all just be wishful thinking. :crazyeye:

7. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

That's assuming anything we discuss even gets back to them. They have a lot of good ideas but they seem to hesitate when it comes to really seeing them through.

At most I'm expecting this to just be a quaint side game I can play around with a bit during my downtime at work and not think too much about it, which was something the base game couldn't even hold my attention long enough to be.

I doubt it's ever going to enthrall me and just blow my mind the way SMAC or Civ 4 did, but I'm hoping it'll eventually come around to being more of its own thing.

I'm really not thrilled about how I seem to find myself asking "Why?" more often than saying "Wow!" though.

The game's defenders will say it's because I'm just not giving this game enough of a chance, but I would say I gave it every chance when it was first being talked about. I probably butted heads with Galgus and so many others trying to fight in defense of what I thought would be an excellent title if only people would give it a chance.

I was wrong. Profoundly wrong. And I'm not giving this developer the benefit of the doubt anymore. I want proof in the pudding this time.

8. Halbbruder

Halbbruder Prince

Honestly, this week's livestream was a bit of a waste. The art should have been shown with other livestreams and such.

I mean, if Firaxis thinks they really have covered everything (besides final sponsor), which most of us here doubt either somewhat or considerably, then fair enough. But after final sponsor, I expect a livestream that runs through some minor changes and answer further questions as to why certain unit chasses don't have hybrids (planes, carriers, subs) while others do.

Also I think they might be having trouble with final sponsor because it could be too OP.

9. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

Think of it as living in the moment type role play. Where the question is "What do I need most right now?". The answer to that question is seldom Academies since if you need science there are plenty of buildings that you haven't built for that and I need that tile for growth. Plus you always want to do something different every game.

It's not necessarily purposefully crippling yourself, it's looking at what you are faced with in that moment. You just have to pretend you can't see the future :p

One thing that crushes this style of play is the quick arriving victorys on the top two difficulty levels. As a strategy player, I can easily handle the AI on the top difficulties, but if I don't want the game to end "too early" I need to either play on a lower difficulty level (which isn't as fun) or disable victory conditions (which removes content from the game). The game ends before it's over. No matter what kind of flower or gate you build, I'm building an empire to stand the test of time.

@academy nerf
    Slide them out a ring on the web and lower the science yield by one and I think they would be pretty close.

10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Prince

11. iki

iki Warlord

Korea?

12. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

They really need to talk about victories and stop talking around it. How do we achieve victory conditions now? At what affinity level can the wonders be built? How was it changed to accommodate hybrids? I just don't get why this hasn't been discussed yet.

13. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Probably because they don't think there's much to discuss.

They replaced affinity tags with wheels in the tech web. It's basically impossible not to hybridize.

Other than that and the new victory movies, not much really changed.

And they don't want to dwell on the fact that something didn't change.