Strong Female Leaders

seancolorado

Deity
Two questions:

1. Hypothetically speaking, if every single leader in Civ 6 had to be female, which ones would be the best for each Civilization? (And why?) Please feel free to include Civs not yet represented. And please just choose the leaders you have knowledge about, even if that means a single one.

2. And what would be appropriate Uniques for the leader you mention? Even just UA is fine. E.g. If your female leader ruled over a defensive period of time, a defensive UA.

I'm asking because people have expressed distaste for leaders such as Wu Zetian and Maria over other "more worthy" ones. Please, I would like to avoid historical debate. Instead let's just focus on the future and on positive potential ideas going forward.

I want to create the ultimate "strong female leaders" list of ideas right here in this thread.

I can get into UAs later, but I think every single female leader we have so far is good except maybe Maria of Portugal, but even she is decent. As for others,
Queen Victoria
Eva Peron (my favorite)
Yaa Asantewa
Amanirenas of Nubia
Nzinga Mbande for a blob Kongo/Ndongo civ
Nur Jahan for India or the Mughals
Trung Sisters and Lady Trieu
Golda Meir
Hatshepsut or Cleopatra (whom I actually do find worthy)

You could have Wilhelmina for the Dutch. She wouldn't really represent the strong leadership embodied by a civ leader, but if female-only was a requirement then she would be the obvious choice. She is fairly iconic as a symbol of Dutch resistance and independance. I don't think the uniques would need to be too strongly tied to her.

Indira Gandhi is pretty well known for India.

For the Ottomans, you'd have to use Roxelana, the wife of Suleiman. She was very influential on Suleiman.

For Indonesia, Tribhuwana:

Spoiler :

Not only is she well respected by modern Indonesians, but she belongs in the same tier as the great Majapahit leaders of Gajah Mada, Raden Wijaya, and Hayam Wuruk.

The UA would be called "The Great Archipelago" to reflect her expansion efforts. Anybody have any ideas more specifically as a good UA under this name and idea?

America: Betsy Ross or Martha Dandridge (Martha Washington) or Eleanor Roosevelt
Arabia: Aisha
Assyria: Shammuramat
Aztec: Chichimecacihuatzin I
Brazil: Anita Garibaldi
Babylon: Amytis
Denmark: Gunnhild
Egypt: Cleopatra VII or Hatshepsut
Ethiopia: Gudit
France: Jeanne d'Arc
Germany: Traudl Junge
Greece: Pasiphae
Huns: Kreka
Inca: Mama Ocllo
India: Nur Jahan
Indonesia: Tribhuwana Wijayatunggadewi
Iroquois: Mary Jemison
Japan: Jingu
Korea: Sondok
Maya: Yohl Ik'nal
Mongolia: Börte
Morocco: Kahina
Netherlands: Anna van Egmont
Ottoman: Hürrem Haseki
Persia: Artemisia I
Poland: Jadwiga
Polynesia: Keisha Castle-Hughes
Rome: Albia Dominica
Siam: Sri Suriyothai
Shoshone: Sacagawea
Songhai: Kimberly Elise
Sweden: Sophia Magdalena
Venice: Debora Caprioglio
Zulu: Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma

Note: I skipped the current civs that has a female leader

In general, I don't think the UA would change from leader to leader, because they're not always specific to the leader. Look at Casimir and Solidarity, or Napoleon and Ancien Regime. I would like to say though that I hope that certain leaders like Catherine the Great and Isabella stay as the leader choice for their country, because while there are other decent choices, both those women are the epitome of powerful women leaders, and I hope to see them both when they make civ 6.

For some new Native American Civs:

Cockacoeske: The Powhatan Confederacy
Nonhelema: The Shawnee
Lozen: The Apache

I think I speak for everyone when I say a double leaderscreen with the Trung Sisters (Vietnam) riding their famous elephants would be absolutely awesome (I mean, we have horses, so why not elephants?):

I think the effect would be a little diminished if they were both of them riding elephants. If they weren't riding elephants and were in a double leader screen that would be cool, and if one of them was riding an elephant that would be cool too, but not both of them riding elephants.

But then one of them would have to be in front, which implies dominance, throwing off the shared power dynamic. I think an awesome leader screen would be both of them, with woods in the background giving way to an open plain with an elephant grazing. The woods are the background of one, the plains/elephant in the background of the other.

The Trung Sisters would probably have the most amusing leader screen because you just know they're going to be like, one is super easy to piss off and is angrier and hmphs especially noticeably if relations are going sour, whereas the other one would be all calm and composed and have to hold the other one back from leaping out and tearing your eyes out should you declare war on them.

For Sweden, the choice is, at least to me, quite obvious.
Christina, daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, may not have been influencial as a leader as her father, but way more interesting as an individual. She was a tomboy, an art devourer, a book worm and quite a rebel towards her father and rest of the state. Go look her up.

The word was strong, not inept.

That's both unkind and unfair. This is not a political forum, so keep those comments to yourself.

Moderator Action: You are not a moderator and this post is considered trolling. What you should do is report the post and allow the staff to handle the situation because this type of response will only make things worse.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Polynesia - Salamasina

Very famous Samoan queen with a pretty interesting life story and a very peaceful reign.

America: Dolley Madison
Reasoning: One of the most prominent and powerful First Ladies in US history
Arabia: Mavia
Reasoning: Warrior Queen of the Arabs, who rebelled against Roman Rule
Assyria: Yaba
Reasoning: Queen who was buried in the Royal Tombs of Kalhu
Austria: Maria Theresa
Reasoning: Already Included In-Game
Aztecs: Isabel Moctezuma
Reasoning: Aztec Empress who was recognized as the legitimate heir to Montezuma II
Babylonia: Semiramis
Reasoning: Legendary Queen who supposedly helped found Babylon
Brazil: Dona Isabel
Reasoning: Worked to abolish slavery in Brazil
Byzantium: Theodora
Carthage: Dido
Celts: Boudicca
China: Wu Zetian
Denmark: Margaret I
Reasoning: Founder of The Kalmar Union, which united Scandinavia under one rule
Egypt: Cleopatra VII
Reasoning: Last Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt who had, um, certain connections with Rome
England: Elizabeth I
Ethiopia: Zewditu I
Reasoning: First Woman ruler of recognized African state, and helped modernize Ethiopia
France: Joan d'Arc
Reasoning: Canonized as a Saint and led French armies to victory during 100 Year's War
Germany: Elisabeth Christine
Reasoning: Longest serving Holy Roman Empress, and mother of Maria Theresa
Greece: Gorgo
Reasoning: Important Spartan queen and political figure
Huns: Kreka
Reasoning: Wife of Atilla who had considerable influence over his decisions
Inca: Mama Huaca
Reasoning: Legendary founder of the Inca Empire
India: Mangammal
Reasoning: Expanded infrastructure and served as regent on behalf of her grandson
Indonesia: Tribhuwana
Reasoning: Appointed Gajah Mada to unify the Indonesian islands
Iroquois: Aliquippa
Reasoning: Leader of the Seneca Iriquois and allied with th British in the French & Indian War
Japan: Jingu
Reasoning: Legendary Queen of Japan who reportedly ascended the Chrysanthemum Throne
Korea: Seondeok
Reasoning: First reigning queen of Silla and culture flourished under her reign
Maya: Sak Kuk
Reasoning: Influential Queen of Palenque
Mongolia: Mandukhai Khatun
Reasoning: Helped keep Mongolia united, and established codes
Morocco: Kahina
Reasoning: Berber queen who resisted Arab expansion into Morocco
Netherlands: Wilhelmina
Reasoning: Longest reigning Dutch monarch; and notable for her role in the Dutch resistance
Ottomans: Roxelana
Reasoning: Wife of Suleiman who influenced his decisions
Persia: Thermusa
Reasoning: Queen of Parthia, and co-ruler with her son Phraates V
Poland: Wanda
Reasoning: Daughter of Krakus, and defended Poland against an "Alamann Tyrant"
Polynesia: Ka'ahumanu
Reasoning: Wife of Kamehameha I who helped popularize Christianity in Hawaii
Portugal: Maria I
Rome: Livia
Reasoning: Wife of Augustus who was deified by Claudius