Struggling on your war? Playing a Civ with a conquest UHV? These civics will aid you.

Logoncal

King
Some of you might already have an idea how the civics work, but if some of you people are clueless on what to do to aid your conquest, there are 3 civics that will aid your path to domination.

1 - Despotism

1. Happiness from Palace
  2. Happiness from Monument
  3. Kill your people for extra hammers
Your bread and butter Civic. Even if you dont want to whip, the happiness is welcome. This can be very great when you are in a situation on needing a unit ASAP and it can also save your city since the unit that you will build is ready to defend.

There are, however, some situations that this Civic is not worth it:

1. For most of the Greece playthrough, you will rather want to go for Republic. There isnt alot of tiles for cottages so you're off with Scientists, which you will need due to the first UHV goal.
  2. India simply cant use this. To get the second UHV, you need to conquer Deccan, but Despotism cannot be used. That is because it will screw you over on the last UHV.
  3. Carthage is better off using Republic thanks to its UP.

2 - Vassalage

1. Uses food to train units
  2. Forts gets more bonuses but who even uses forts.
  3. Free upkeep for 17 units.
This makes sure that even your low production city will make units at a faster rate. Be careful though cause you will not grow during a military production and since you will be using Despotism...

3 - Conquest

1. +2 EXP
  2. -50% Cottage growth.
The cottage growth might turn you off. But in a conquest scenario, you will definetely want a Level 2 swordsman and catapult rather than getting some towns. Besides, unless you're going to play the scenario up untill at most the Renaissance Era, don't even bother with cottages.

4 - Theocracy

1. +2 EXP on cities with State Religion
This gives your units even more experience and with some general, your city will produce some dank level 3s or even level 4s. I don't think i need to explain how potent is, say, a level 4 machinery that throws 90kg of stone at a distance of 300 meters.

Check the latest GIT and the thread GIT Update Log.
Units are no longer produced with food and there is even extra hammer from farms.. I think Vassalage will be pretty strong combo with others civics you mention and even alone.

I'm updating it right now. I'm currently struggling as Persia because the 7% land control is too hard.

Update: Ok, nevermind. 7% Land is too much. Apparently 7% equals Persia, Babylon, Phoenicia, Anatolia, Greece, Egypt, Bactria and Rome. This is the first time where i play a RFC game where i cheat. Hard. On.

Last edited:
Top Bottom