[R&F] Stuck in Leader Screens

Churchevelt

Chieftain
Hey! So recently I download R&F and before this, I encountered no issues at all. Recently after downloading it, my game progresses as normal but now when I am in the diplomacy screen, I am stuck in it. Pressing the "x" in the corner doesnt work and my hotkeys stop working. Worth noting that when i press the x in the corner, it has the animation as if I clicked it, but still does not close. I can click on other leaders on the left side of the screen, but the initial leader image on the right side of the screen does not change. I force quit to reload the game, click the leader's image again or wait for them to initiate diplomacy with me, and it will still keep me stuck on their screen. Uninstalling and verifying did not work. Also, I have never used any mods. I will gladly post any logs that may help, but I am not sure where to find them! Thank you in advance!

Edit: On further investigation, looks like it's connected to "make deal" being clicked or initiated with me

Last edited:
Interesting.

I'm stuck in a loop. I can create a new game and start it. However, the app returns to the main menu after completing the load game process.

Okay, try this. Worked for my issue.

From Main Menu > Additional Content disable all community mods you're using. If you're not using any, not a possible option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

I'm stuck in a loop. I can create a new game and start it. However, the app returns to the main menu after completing the load game process.

Okay, try this. Worked for my issue.

From Main Menu > Additional Content disable all community mods you're using. If you're not using any, not a possible option.
Not using mods

Hey everyone -

Problem 1) I had a heck of a time getting the game to start after "Create Game" -- it just bounced me out to the main menu. This is a known issue even on PC and a patch is supposedly forthcoming. Here's the fix for that...

NOTE: the instructions linked below are for PC. On Mac, you will find the relevant DLC folders "inside" the Civ6 app package contents:
username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Civ6.app
[right-click 'show package contents' on the Civ6 app]
/Contents/Assets/DLC

Here's the link to the instructions and replacement files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1jt0bjpos5u18q5/AABOD2-HOBcU71m1BFksx59ga?dl=0

Problem 2) Once I got a game to actually start, the controls/zoom/UI was broken. Disable/deleting the mod "CQUI" fixed this second issue for me. If you installed via Steam, it's folder "870911250"

Thanks, Premier!

If OP doesn't mind, can his thread be hijacked and renamed Rise & Fall Bug Report Thread for the Mac community? Churchevelt, you mind?

Moderator Action: If you want individual bug reports to be noticed by Firaxis/Aspyr, you should create separate threads for each bug.

Hey! So recently I download R&F and before this, I encountered no issues at all. Recently after downloading it, my game progresses as normal but now when I am in the diplomacy screen, I am stuck in it. Pressing the "x" in the corner doesnt work and my hotkeys stop working. Worth noting that when i press the x in the corner, it has the animation as if I clicked it, but still does not close. I can click on other leaders on the left side of the screen, but the initial leader image on the right side of the screen does not change. I force quit to reload the game, click the leader's image again or wait for them to initiate diplomacy with me, and it will still keep me stuck on their screen. Uninstalling and verifying did not work. Also, I have never used any mods. I will gladly post any logs that may help, but I am not sure where to find them! Thank you in advance!

Edit: On further investigation, looks like it's connected to "make deal" being clicked or initiated with me

This just happened to me too! I tried to maybe circumvent it by contacting the civ first, but every time (in this case) India's diplomacy screen comes up and I am in the same situation. Any fixes?

Top Bottom