Stuck in the same turn

Barhoumi

Chieftain
Hi everybody
I started playing Civ 5 5 days ago and last time, I was in war with indonesia, the leader asked for peace offering me one of his cities, so I accepted.
Then I realised that this city had only one land tile(an island) and only one fishing boat near, no additionnal available resource improvment at all.
So I offered to give it back to him for some gold and he accepted happily.
Now the city belongs to Gajah and the computer still asking me to choose a building project and I keep pressing the Button "Chose production" over and over without passing to the next turn
Could this be a bug?

Last edited:
I have encountered that similar problem, and not that long ago. I had to reload the turn before, and make sure I that choose a building project before selling off the city.

Unfortunately, I was obliged to resign since I didn't know that reloading turn trick
How can this be done beetle

From any game pick Menu, then Options, then Interface Options. Look for “Turns between Autosave” and “Max Autosaves Kept”. I use 1 and 20. I think the default is 0 (meaning Autosaves is disabled) and 10 (not enough to save me from some of my bad choices).

After that, when you go to Load Game there should be a radio button option for Autosaves.

I must admit I've never come across this problem. I have my auto saves set to 5 turns so- once again easy to reload from bad decisions. And I make many. Also, it does pay to have a quick glance at the city if you think that you are getting close to a peace offer and if it is horrible just delete it from the peace deal. However you need to be confident it has no wonders or paintings etc. If it is really horrible I will gift it to a third party who I don't like.

This is actually known a bug, and reloading can help you in that situation. I think you can do some tricks with IGE mod if you really want to continue.
There is another bug related to trading cities: if the AI offers you a city and you take the deal, then that city will not be able to work it's city center (the city center gives a minimum of 2 food and one hammer even if the city is on a plain desert tile). To work around this issue you need to put the cities in the trade deal yourself, so remove what the AI is offering and you can then select the same deal the AI will accept it. This also happens if you press the "what do you want for this"/" what can you give me for this" so don't use those buttons.

Top Bottom