1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuff That's Needed

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Apr 12, 2009.

1. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Well, as you may or may not known (can't remember if I posted about this), 2.0 will have the technology quotes in audio form as well as text form (so you will actually get to hear Seven of Nine say "Fun will now commence" when you discover Recreation Facilities, for example). Unfortunately, neither myself or apenaap are able to get three of them from DS9:
    -Tactical Guidance System: "I'm modulating the deflectors... it might confuse their guidance systems." - Miles O'Brien (Starship Down)
    -Quantum Torpedo: "You're trying to override the launch controls for the quantum torpedoes." "I was hoping to gain control of the phasers as well. I just hadn't gotten around to it yet." - Worf and Garak (Broken Link)
    -Wormhole Generation: "... the drone will send out a magneton pulse which should react with the matrix and create an opening in the space-time continuum." - Bejal (Rejoined)

If anyone can get audio files for these techs, it would be appreciated!

I'm also planning on adding victory movies. I have most of them selected (for example - the movie for the Conquest victory is the scene of Earth blowing up in the Enterprise episode Twilight). I have most of them selected, but I still need one for cultural victory (I would prefer something from TNG as that's what is easiest for me to get and I already have two from DS9; Voyager would be welcome as well, but I only have a few episodes I could get scenes from).

2. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

For Cultural Victory you should use a shot of Bajor, probably, as they seem to win Cultural more then the otthers (which is not so weird, considering they start with two religions.)

Also, I just got DS9 Seasons 3-5, so I should be able to record these quotes.

3. apenpaap

I just recorded them (they're in the attachment)

Attached Files:

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Excellent.:goodjob:

Cool! (As for the Victory movies.)

5. apenpaap

Idea for the Cultural victory movie: have the victory movie show the 7 holy "buildings" in the mod: start with a shot of Deep Space Nine floating through space, then cut to a shot of the Kir-sharra, then Kahless's bathleth being found by Kor, Worf and Dax, then Romulan warbirds decloaking, then the Ferengi tower of commerce, a Bajoran Orb, and that book they had to burn in "What ytou leave behind".
    If you follow my advice aboiut adding The Founders and Survivalism as new religions in another thread, add a shot of the Great Link and the Vaadwaur stasis tubes.
    As for the music for this movie, I think the orchestral version of the "The Inner Light" theme would be great.

6. apenpaap

7. apenpaap

WTF, for some weird reaon, youtube decided to remove everything after the Deep Space nine part. I am reuploading now, and hoping youtube will not be an as*hole about it again.

8. apenpaap

OK, so here it is.