Stupid things you have done in Civ 5

jmartin251

Chieftain
Thread for you to list all your brain farts that have happened while playing Civ 5.

I will start of with perhaps what has to be the dumbest thing you could possibly do. I accidentally nuked myself. My second best production city at that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Trading uranium to any Civ isn't smart, but every time Ghandi is in one of my games he usually gets steam rolled before anyone even has Nukes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Conquered a peaceful, neighboring civ just because I didn't like their religion spreading. I went from everybody's best friend to ultimate pariah in five turns. Their religion paled in comparison to mine anyway, with two followers to me +30. Definitely should have left them alone.

Completely take all of Boudicca's cities after she made a DoW on me. All the other living civilizations in the world made a DoW on me.

It was probably the first time when i used a nuclear bomb. At that moment, I was trying to test it and placed it within my border. However i didnt realize that its radiation would spread to a nearby city State.What happened next was the city state alongside with his powerful ally declared war on me. I got totally speechless and LMAO. Then when i finally kept myself calm again, I decided to intrude on that CS since it was very weak. But it took me quite a while because my troops were a bit far away and his ally began to send troops to withstand me. I do not remember clearly what happened next but it was a bad story,without a doubt. That civ was at war with me till the end of the game and I got harassed forever.

On my first ever game of Civ 5, I built an army as Japan and waged a war... on city states. The whole time. I thought they were other civs.

I was going for a domination victory, and just had Sweden's capital to take, as all the others had lost theirs. So I sent every last unit into his area, declared war and just got his capital. The problem was Sweden had previously taken Mongolia's capital, which I didn't account for. So the game wasn't won and I got devastated by Sweden attacking my defenceless cities.

My first ever game of civ. Alexander was being a dick and I declared war with just a spearman. N00B
Alex is a notorious dick. lol. He always provoke civs and his armies are always slightly stronger than others ',which i guess is due to his military trait.

happens every once in a while: miss the aim of a nuke by one or two tiles and inadvertently kill some non enemy units, triggering a war with allies, neutrals, CS or whoever happened to accidentally be in the blast radius.

seriously, get your workers the hell out of the way when the nukes start flying, stupid AI!

Nuke a city with all my army units around it.
Get a lux from an AI for 240 gpt.
Forgot to switch production to food in cap after a settler and loose a pop.
Move my first settler alone near a barb camp, because this spot is beautiful. Survive, realize it is 3 tiles from this CS. Move the settler and at least barb think it's time to capture it.
Settle in front of Napoleon or Augustus on a grassland/plains with river on the wrong side on Deity.
Take sun god over desert Folklore with a Petra start.
Try full Piety with Korea.
Open liberty with Venice, or make a custom house with GM.

And one I nearly always do. Settle a city 1 or 2 turn before end of NCor Ironworks. Without cash to rush buy, of course.

Nuke a city with all my army units around it.
Get a lux from an AI for 240 gpt.
Forgot to switch production to food in cap after a settler and loose a pop.
Move my first settler alone near a barb camp, because this spot is beautiful. Survive, realize it is 3 tiles from this CS. Move the settler and at least barb think it's time to capture it.
Settle in front of Napoleon or Augustus on a grassland/plains with river on the wrong side on Deity.
Take sun god over desert Folklore with a Petra start.
Try full Piety with Korea.
Open liberty with Venice, or make a custom house with GM.

And one I nearly always do. Settle a city 1 or 2 turn before end of NCor Ironworks. Without cash to rush buy, of course.

Related: I just upgraded my Modern Armor to GDR. Do you know how happy I was? Well my happiness was mislead. Stupid little me sends a big Nuclear Missile to the city. My 6 GDR's around the city all died. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

seriously, get your workers the hell out of the way when the nukes start flying, stupid AI!
I dont get you. Whose workers are you referring to ?I guess you mean your workers on auto-building mode, right ? But isnt a nuke attack instantaneous ?how can your PC predict if in the next turn, you are launching a nuclear bomb or not ?so instead of blaming the mechanics, you had better be more prudent to turn off your workers ' auto mode.
If you are referring to your opponent 's workers, then why does it matter, you just wreak havoc on anything on the enemy land, right ?

I dont get you. Whose workers are you referring to ?I guess you mean your workers on auto-building mode, right ? But isnt a nuke attack instantaneous ?how can your PC predict if in the next turn, you are launching a nuclear bomb or not ?so instead of blaming the mechanics, you had better be more prudent to turn off your workers ' auto mode.
If you are referring to your opponent 's workers, then why does it matter, you just wreak havoc on anything on the enemy land, right ?

It's neutral AI workers he's referring to.

The main problem is that CiV's AI is too basic to see patterns. For example, if you and someone else are at war with eachother and you complete the Manhattan Project, the AI isn't smart enough to move their workers out of your enemy's territory.

Those barbarians couldn't stand you any more.First off, you pissed them off with your imprudent intrusion of their beautiful and bountiful territories. And you added oil to it by wandering around there, ignoring their prowess. lol.

Top Bottom