Stupidest 90s hit songs (and also some good ones)

I'm getting too old to check the whole thread to see if this has been posted yet, but even if it has then yeah lets post it again cuz it was a pretty stoopid hit, but man is it catchy!

More good '90s music:

Soul Coughing - Ruby Vroom - "Blue-Eyed Devil"

Paris - The Devil Made Me Do It - "Scarface Groove"

And one '90s gargantuan mega-hit that I can't stand: The Spice Girls - "Wannabe"

I liked Dee-Lite. I was about to say that World Clique was from '89, but no, it was 1990. Glad I checked.

Here's another song that I still like: The Prodigy's remix of Method Man's "Release Yo'delf" (1994)

Not sure if it's been posted already, here's my pick.

And one '90s gargantuan mega-hit that I can't stand: The Spice Girls - "Wannabe"

Most discoordinated thing I have ever seen.

Technically 90s too:

Last edited:
Wannabe is definitely a candidate for the title.
I'm kinda amazed that we made it this far into the thread without anyone posting anything from the Spice Girls until now.

Although admittedly I made a conscious choice not to post that ******* stupid song myself, on principle: I really ******* hate it.

Gee thanks, Egon... ;)

Gothy gothica gothique

These two belong on any goth playlist, imo: "Monsters" by The Cruxshadows, from Telemetry of a Fallen Angel (1995) and "Jasmine and Rose" by Clan of Xymox, from Creatures (1999)

Also: Coil - Love's Secret Domain (1991); Switchblade Symphony - Serpentine Gallery (1995); Lycia - The Burning Circle and Then Dust (1995); and Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses (1993).

A prescient little number from Australia.

Top Bottom