1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupidity is just a form of retardation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Phlegmak, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

Isn't it wrong to make fun of stupid people, for example, George Bush? Isn't stupidity just the fact that one person's brain isn't quite as good at certain things as another? That's simply a matter of being born a certain way. So haven't I been wrong to make fun of George Bush all these years and making fun of his stupidity is really the same as making fun of a ******** person?

2. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

It's a matter of degree ;) Dubya is dumb as a post. But he's not handicapped. He'd have made a fine ditch digger if he was born to a good family.

3. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

But wait! It can be easily argued that he IS handicapped! He sure is too stupid to be a computer scientist at Los Alamos lab. There are plenty of jobs he couldn't possibly do. Economist? Nope. Pundit? Hardly. The list is endless.

4. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

He still could have been a productive member of society had he been raised properly. He doesn't need 24/7 adult supervision simply to live, he just needs to be prevented from making important decisions on his own.

5. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Making fun of stupid people in general is not okay and not that funny.

Making fun of stupid people who are attempting to appear smart is okay and is funny.

6. dwaxe

dwaxe is not a fanatic

Stupidity is not a form of retardation.

It is relatively normal people
    a. trying to be funny
    b. who have used drugs a little too much or
    c. who have stayed awake for the last 72 hours.

P.S. I am being stupid because of reason B

7. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Making fun of people for anything isn't very nice.

8. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

Another way that one can look at it is that you are stupid, therefore you use drugs yo hide your stupidity.

9. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Such things are technically a violation of the Fourth Buddhist Precept, but IMHO it depends on the person. ;)

10. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Actually, I think its stupid to allude that GWB is actually stupid. He isnt.

Pretty much, but not for the reason you think.

11. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Some dumb people can't help it, they can't even tell they're dumb.

Some dumb people are not only dumb, but jerks. And they won't change their behaviour.

Technically, stupidity is a form of retardation, but we tend to lump stupidity from 'lack of effort' into a 'non-retardation' type of stupidity. Ther person could learn but seems to choose not to. And then, I feel society allows us to tease them.

12. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Still suffering from Busho-
    , I see.

Can it be that you are so worried that you may be "blessed" with abit yourself that you have become obsessed in hate, fear and loathing of people infinitly more successful then yourself?

You forget, and I am sure you wish to forget conveniently that this George W. Bush who you allege as stupid with no evidence or proof to say that he is, has become the President of the United States, one of only 43 other humans to do so, and he did it twice. Not only that, but he stands determined with little to nothing to lose against a democratic congress that had to do something or nothing within the two years but will not, and is in far more control despite the democrats, as he has nowhere to go but on his own road, whether followed or not. He is probably far smarter, definately far more successful then you are, I humbly submit.

Phlegmak, don't you think that with only a few months left it's about time you matured in intellect to a level that realises that Bush has done all he has done or will do, that history moves on despite your obsessions, that his legacy will not be decided by loony-tunes like in the moonbat-media network and mostly that no amount of childish and immature diatribe and vitriol such as this hate-spew has changed the facts for the past 7 and a half years and will change nothing in the small and fastly diminishing time that is left?

I guess not, but if you decide to (re?)join the real world and offer constructive criticisms, not childish vitriol, you may find the following book and the information contained within valuable.

That
    is all

13. OttoManD

OttoManD Prince

Fail.

Because of the thoughtful responses above, I will not make fun of the numerous spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in the above post.

14. kulade

kulade Deity

But he used big letters, and pictures too; he must be right!

15. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

As I recognize the facts for what they are, and how I observe them, not how I want them to be, my post does have a measure of veracity to it and with a little bit of my own personal opinion. I suppose I won the debate, neither of you could defend the thesis and false agenda beliefs that Bush is ********.

I simply do not understand the far-leftist obsession with Bush, who will soon be relegated to historical study.

16. OttoManD

OttoManD Prince

I never said Bush was stupid, why should I defend that theory?

17. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

I don't know if he's really stupid. Sure, his grasp of the english language isn't too strong, and his GPA at Yale was incredibly low(and the grade inflation at Yale is *incredible*). His SAT scores were decidedly average. I would say he's a person of average intelligence put into a position that is over his head.

18. kulade

kulade Deity

What? So Phlegmak takes a cheap shot at Bush and you have to jump to an just as factless general teardown of him? Embarrassing.

And I hope you honestly don't thing there is a uniquely "far-leftist obsession" with Bush, I'm pretty sure that obsession has been propagated to the majority Americans; are a good 70% of Americans "far-left" in your opinion?

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think he's ********, or particularly intelligent at all...

19. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Bush isn't stupid.

There's a lot of posters here that wouldn't hit 125.

Of course, the next paragraph isn't too kind to him.

http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/gary/iq.html

20. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Actually no, as true criticism, whether propagated by the left or the right, against Bush as I am sure is in the case of most Americans, myself included, is not anti-American or far-leftist or far-right.

What is far-leftist is this mantra to the steady drumbeat of blind hatred and reinvented reality with no basis in factual substance at all, as is shown by people like Phlegmak. But there is nothing wrong with honest and intelectual debate and criticism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.