[BTS] Stuttering, music stuttering, can't click or move mouse

Kpcenti

Chieftain
Title basically explains it. When I play a game of civ there is music stuttering, the screen freezes and can't move or click mouse but it happens only for a few seconds. this progressively gets worse the longer I try and play through it. I tried playing without a mod and it still does this I tired reinstalling everything. I can't locate the issue.
I've also tried reinstalling newest nivdia drivers. for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong.
hardware:
i3 8350k 5.0ghz
16Gb of ram
gtx 980 evga hybrid. runs all my other games fine only civ has this problem
windows 10 64bit

When you say hybrid, does that mean you have an Intel Graphics processor too?

What version of Civ iv do you run? (disks,digital, steam)

hybrid as in water cooled
gtx980ti my bad
i run the steam version but i use the original release because i play with friends on direct connect. the problem happens in singleplayer too

Just to be clear, you run the regular steam version or the beta release (original_release_unsupported). Do you run any mods?

I use the beta release so that I can run mods, but I recall having issues running the game at all with the regular steam version. I don't really have any solutions for that other than try reinstalling, and also verify integrity of game files.

Your specs are more than fine. Some laptops come with the nvidia card and also the Intel graphics processor crap. In that case, you need to open the nvidia settings and make sure games are defaulted to the nvidia card.

(note: I actually get a little audio stuttering when I exist. I turn music off, but Nimoy's voice sometimes stutters. Not sure what that is but may be related. However, my games run fine)

Yeah the hardware is fine. its so odd. yeah i do run beta release (original_release_unsupported). Right now I run a special mod friends and I put together. but this doesn't seem to be the issue because it runs fine on their machines. maybe bluemarble could be messing with the game. also i noticed when i turned off anti aliasing it noticeably improved. no more sound stuttering or frame rate drops. but the mouse still wigs out.(I playing and occasionally the mouse is unresponsive in game) not the mouse i've tried lots of mice.
Thanks for your help

Blue marble should not be the problem. Don't know about the other mod though.

You can try fresh install and verify game files and see how it works without the mod.

Also, I recommend uninstalling Geoforce Experience software if you have that installed. I've heard that can have some conflicts.

Lastly, make sure both BTS and Steam are set to "run as administrator". Also, change the compatibility mode to at least Win 7.

Setting it to run as admin and uninstalling perforce experience did it thanks so much

you are very welcome

i actually tried running a mod now and this problem popped up
invalid mod directory
mods\ods\emod is invalid mod directory

questions

1) did you set both bts and steam to run as admin (right click executables > properties > compatibility > checkbox)
2) Are you on Win 10? If so, have you set the compatibility mode to Win 7
3) Run BTS from the executable, not the Steam Library
4) Try raising the security on the BTS executable (right click > properties > security > edit > check each user and set to full control if then don't have it check > ok)
5) Lastly, try removing "read only" on the main bts folder:

a) Steamapps/Common/
b) right click on "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword" > properties
c) near bottom is a "read only" check box. Click on it once to make the check box clear. Hit OK. Apply to sub-folders..boom...takes a minute

Lastly, just to make sure, what is the exact folder that you install the mod?

Top Bottom