Stylish New Duds for Modern Workers

Spindrift

Chieftain
I made a small skin change for the Modern Worker unit. I didn't like the orange color of their overalls, you see, so I did 'em up in more of a traditional washed-out denim color and made a few other changes while I was at it.

See here:

As you can see, the workers in their old uniforms are slovenly and unmotivated, snacking on the job. Those in new duds are pumped, vigorous and ready to lay down railroad tracks as far as the eye can see.

And yes, I'm new to these parts. Hello. Just felt like sharing.

Attachments

• DenimWorkers.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 829
Quite good. I'd love to use these in industrial ages, and the orange ones in modern ages (yours look more industrial in my opinion).

Good job, I felt the same way.

Welcome to the forums, Spindrift!

How curious. I snagged said program and, indeed, it chokes on the .dds file for me as well. I had originally used a different program to put it together (DXTBmp), so I wasn't aware of this specific issue with DDS Converter 2 until now.

Unfortunately, having poked at it for a bit, I can't figure out a way to produce a similar file using DDS Converter 2 (I mean, I can put together a .dds out of the original source image, that's easy enough, but I'm not familiar enough with the program to have it import an alpha channel at the same time). I'm afraid I can't provide a file that is both fully functional as well as DDS Converter 2-compatible. Here's the source images that my original .dds was compiled from (BMPs of the skin and its alpha) if you'd still like to see them, however.

Attachments

• DenimWorkersRaw.zip
    26 KB · Views: 315
i have a question i go to custom assets then art but when i open art it just says movies folder. do i add a unit folder??

@Tommy: Yes, you need to add any folders that are not already there.

@Spindrift: Thank you very much for this! The orange outfits were starting to annoy me too (especially when your empire gets big and you have a dozen or more workers on the screen), and this is the perfect solution. Well done! :goodjob:

ok so all i do is add the file cutomassets/art/units??

You must put it in the following directory:

My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\units\modernworker

If any of the deeper directories are not yet there they must first be manually created.

i just got it to work... it is awsome

Top Bottom