Sub-Forum?

I'm not in favour of as many sub forums as the Civ 3 game has, but I reckon that just one would be fine. We shouldn't put the sticky threads in there, as they should be kept on the main page. Rather, we should call it the history sub forum and use it to store all of the closed threads that we have since moved on from. It would be a read-only forum basically. We can put the election results in there, and all of the exploration threads not relevant to our current situation. If we keep the closed sticky threads that deal with the game settings in this forum and then put all of the other closed threads in there then that should be a good way to operate. We could just leave them there in the order they are currently in so that they are almost chronological and anyone interested in the history of the NUF can start at the beginning and then catch up with what we are doing quickly. :goodjob:

I think its a good idea. :goodjob:

I would be in favour of having all the "current" issues (current turn threads / polls etc) in one place, uncluttered by all the historical stuff.

If that is best achieved by sticking all the historical stuff in a sub-forum, I'm all for it.

As an example though, I initially missed this thread because it was hidden under a plethora of (empty) sticky threads.

I like to keep everything in one directory, so I can easiliy see what is changed. Likewise, lets keep one forum. But it seems to me we might have too many "Sticky" threads. I'm not sure which to combine, maybe Wonders Govt & Current Science. Definitely keep Constitution, it's required reading for anyone coming in here.

Generally, the date sort seems to take care of it for me.

A sub forum is a good idea. :)

I would agree with everyone else to put all non-used and locked threads into a sub-forum leaving all current threads in the main one.

I would also hope that we not have as many sub-forums as the Civ 3 demo game as it leads to clutter.

:lol:
I too was unable to locate the actual turn-threads in the Civ3 demo game. It was such a shame because I would have liked to follow that game.
Anyway, a subforum to keep the closed turn threads would be a nice idea to keep track of history.

You should've looked in the Government subforum, under the turn chat threads. We use a chat room to play about 10 turns at a time. We are planning, though, to move all of them to the main forum in the new game.

I'd be in favor of subforums for things dealing with the government, with the turn threads, departmental, and provincial instructions in it. The main one could be used for discussions and polls.

Thanks! I've found it.
Even some nice looking screenshots. I'll have a look at work someday those big pics don't load very quickly on my computer.

I'm not sure what the Civ 3 Demo game looks like (but I followed a link to one of their threads once), but if the main & active threads could be the ones visible, that would likely help some people.

Personally, I do a double check... the date sort at the top, and the date sort at the end of the Stickies.

Hey, that's a good idea, Duke! The thread looks good, and the forum has less to wade thru at the top. :)

Yup, thats what happens. When a thread is unstickied, it moves where is would be if it wasn't originally stickied. Everything that was there is now probably on the second page of the forum.

I like it too, and if someone updates one of those Game Information threads, it will float naturely back to the top I guess. Looks great, all in one thread, with a sticky bookmark.

Top Bottom