Subdued animals, SVN revision 6765

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Iceciro, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

In the current SVN revision (6765) I am having issues with subdued animals; the game tells me I have subdued them but they never show up in my capital. :crazyeye:

EDIT: After playing around and testing, the error only shows up when the C2C Combat Mod - Size Matters option is selected.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Well... that's... odd. I'd have to evaluate the python that's generating the unit in the capital to see how there could possibly be any conflicts there. The only thing I could think of would be some kind of conflict with the MaxHP modifiers but even then I really don't have any theories on how that could be a problem. Very very very strange indeed considering that the option doesn't directly influence that mechanism at all.

@DH: What files actually control the generation of the subdued animal?

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is no python involved any more it is all done in the dll.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... all part of the Outcome structure I presume? Ugh... that stuff is terribly complex. But it does make it more likely I can figure out what could be wrong at least.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I figured this out. Very simple bug... damage was being assigned to the subdued animal as it was being re-spawned and the damage was not scaling itself to the varied HP of the unit under the Size Matters option. My next commit will include a fix for that. I'll be looking for other expressions that could indicate the same basic problem though.