succesion games?

fcdasystm

Chieftain
quit pushing for more and more succesions...i saay we let them slow down and actually release a ggame ready to install and play...save us the trouble of downloading patches. updates and so forth. i'm tired of buying games then spending hours trying to find and download everything to make them work . let make 2kgames do some product testing and fix these bugs before they go about making the "next best games"!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir, have no clue what you are babbling about. So, I'd ask you to refrain from babbling.

quit pushing for more and more succesions...i saay we let them slow down and actually release a ggame ready to install and play...save us the trouble of downloading patches. updates and so forth. i'm tired of buying games then spending hours trying to find and download everything to make them work . let make 2kgames do some product testing and fix these bugs before they go about making the "next best games"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me you don't think the "succesion" [sic] game subforum's purpose is talking about the next Civ title. Because if so....wow.

forgive me perhaps for not having the correct thread. and yes i was under that impression. but my point still stands. has any one ever purchased a multiplayer game and not had to search, download and fight to get it to work properly?
no matter where it is popsted the point remains the same . I have way beyond the system requirements of most any game offered like most of us i constantly upgrade to be sure of that yet i find myself spending contless hours fighting set up and install programs.
i am not a software genius but i do build my own p c's and i have a full grasp and understanding of my equipment. seems, to me, the people that ARE the software genius' could launch games that work the first time?

forgive me perhaps for not having the correct thread. and yes i was under that impression. but my point still stands. has any one ever purchased a multiplayer game and not had to search, download and fight to get it to work properly?
no matter where it is popsted the point remains the same . I have way beyond the system requirements of most any game offered like most of us i constantly upgrade to be sure of that yet i find myself spending contless hours fighting set up and install programs.
i am not a software genius but i do build my own p c's and i have a full grasp and understanding of my equipment. seems, to me, the people that ARE the software genius' could launch games that work the first time?

I hesitate to post again since this is SO the wrong forum, but I think on average Civ runs pretty well. I know there are (too many) bugs, but hardly any of them are showstopping. Myself and many others picked up Vanilla, Warlords, and BtS shortly after their respective launches and very few of us couldn't at least play the game.

This discussion really needs to move to another forum.

Moderator Action: Thread moved to general discussions.

Wow, I can't believe this nonsense....

And I'd like to say, that I have never once had any problem EVER (knocking on wood) installing and playing any game within hours of purchasing it. One install attempt, was all that I needed. I think the only thing that might come close to being an exception, is when Mech Commander came oujt I happened to buy a copy where one of the initial files that the game looks for when you first install/load the game was damaged, but the CD would work after the game loaded up. I essentially had two copies of the game when they sent me a replacement CD.

Top Bottom