Elear

Aux armes citoyens
Difficulty: Deity
Map size: Large
Settings: 60 percent pangaea, wet, temperate, 5 billion
Barbarians: Roaming
Civilization: Zulu
All rules default
Max # of opponents (11 - All random - More Aggressive)

Variant rules: Win.

SG rules: 48 hours 'got it', 48 additional hours to play
10 turns per player in the BC years. 5 turns per player in the AD years.

Starting location:

Roster (5-6):

Elear
Elephantium
ThinkTank
TheOverseer714
---
---

It's a little out of my comfort zone (I'm an Emp-DG player), but I'm interested in this game.

If you're not afraid I'll lose the game for you, I'll join :)

I don't have time for this, but I'll just say that Elephantium is being modest here- he was a huge help in the 5BC Defiant Deity game. Emp DG is a pretty low ranking for you. It is hard to determine things like that. I could range from an emperor to a sid player depending on how you interpret the question. I have beaten sid twice, but I can only beat emperor without any concentration whatsoever. Anyways, have fun, I wish I could join.

I agree, you are a better player than you admit. :goodjob: Welcome aboard!

In any case, it's fine, since this is really a practice game for me too. After a lot of frustration at Sid, I need to step back a level and examine my techinque. So it's just going to be a fun experience for everyone here! :king:

I don't have time for this, but I'll just say that Elephantium is being modest here- he was a huge help in the 5BC Defiant Deity game. Emp DG is a pretty low ranking for you. It is hard to determine things like that. I could range from an emperor to a sid player depending on how you interpret the question. I have beaten sid twice, but I can only beat emperor without any concentration whatsoever. Anyways, have fun, I wish I could join.

:eek: Wow, that's quite a compliment from a player of your caliber. Thanks :D

While it may be modesty, my self-ranking is also based on empirical evidence; I've won three solo Emp games, and I've been in winning SGs up to DG and (one) Deity game. While I might have the skills of a Deity-level player, it hasn't been tested yet.

Regardless, this looks like a fun game, and I'm honored to join :)

Looking at our start location, I'd probably move the scout 1W and evaluate the newly-revealed terrain. In absence of that intelligence, I'd move the worker to the game, then make a decision on settling in place or moving across the river.

My two questions at this point are:
1. Are we standing on a BG?
2. If you pop a goody hut by settling your initial city, do you have a chance of barbs?

1) No.
2) That was my thought too, anyone know?

Since you will not have any warriors the hut will not give any barbs from culture popping.

I think then, that there is no reason not to settle in place. The general look of the location seems pretty balanced between shields and food (although the lack of BG is a little unfortunate...)

I'm hoping to see a BG to the N or W with our scout or worker. It may be a forlorn hope, but I still think it's worth looking.

I'm hoping to see a BG to the N or W with our scout or worker. It may be a forlorn hope, but I still think it's worth looking.

There's a decent chance. At the very least we have a good selection of forests.

lurker's comment: With this level, map, civ and start, we should be seeing an entertaining game, to say the least. I'll at least be lurking -- I only hesitate to sign up because RL is going to go nuts around the end of the year, and I've got a bad rep for getting into games and not finishing. (I'm currently on my first solo deity game, figuring out what to do with the dominant Persian monster on my continent.) :wallbash:

Too bad lurkers, we'll get the fun all to ourselves. :p

It's a little out of my comfort zone (I'm an Emp-DG player), but I'm interested in this game.

If you're not afraid I'll lose the game for you, I'll join :)

What he said, but I'm a mon-emp player, and would be far out of my comfort zone. But I like the challenge.

Any experience with AW? This game will be a slugfest and that will help.

Variant rules: Win.

No AW experience, but I've been lurking AW SGs a lot. This won't be AW will it? Right now I'm playing in SGFN03 which is conquest on emperor. Our combat odds have been very good in that game, in the order of 10 to 1. I think I understand how to fight - basically keep losses low by using combined arms, take on winnable battles only, leader fishing, and luring the AI away or into positions that are unfavorable to them.

It's not AW but it is 11 civs on a pangaea on Deity. ;)

Anyway, I'll count you in! In the AD years, it's only 5 turns/player so it'll be all right.

Great! We need at least one more player I guess?

Some thoughts on the start. I'm not happy. The apparent lack of BGs will mean we won't be making many shields while in despotism. Lack of bonus food will mean slow growth. This can change after we move the scout, but I would like to keep the deer, preferably even in the initial 9 tiles.

I agree, I would move the scout N then W, and depending on what we see, settle on the spot, or N, or NW.

We are playing C3C right?

... since this is really a practice game for me too. After a lot of frustration at Sid, I need to step back a level and examine my techinque.

The expansionist trait will be pretty useless at Sid. Wouldn't you rather practice with another set of traits?

Top Bottom