Succession game for RFC RAND?

Anybody up for a SG on the imperfect RAND right now? I suggest an easier civ like Netherlands, Turkey or Mongolia, and not necessarily playing for UHV.

So basically a succession game is that somebody proposes the rules, and starts a game, reporting his moves turn by turn (or highlights thereof), and stops after x turns (10 usually). The next player loads the saved game and does the same thing. The SG is "won" according to the rules defined.

We had a SG with Genghis Pope (as the name implies, we won as Mongolia by AP victory):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=272441

Okay, I'll give it a try but I think we should play as Turkey and go for a domination win which I'd like to try becuase I've won UHV's but never a domination game. Turkey's unique unit and better starting position than Mongolia make it my favourite but it doesn't really matter.

Turkey domination is probably easy (as easy as Netherlands) and it's been already done.

OK, so here's a roster (to be modified):

AP
MAM
Quotey
open

Signing up. Are we allowed to get a decent start?

What map size?

How 'bout Germany or Vikings?

Sorry guys, I can't play untill sunday so you'll pobably have to start without me and I'll catch up on sunday unless you guys want to wait, but I don't want to hold you guys back. Basically what I'm saying is I may have to skip my first turn if things don't work out. However, I'm definetly availiable 100% on Sunday.:)

Bumping this.

Do we want to do it in the real SG forumto bring some attention to RFC RAND? I'd assume non RFC players don't know about this. And some people don't play RFC because they don't want an alsmost "scripted" game, which RFC RAND almost completely removes.

Or maybe somebody can advertise in the SG forum--I did it once and got a lukewarm response at best.

You need another player for your succession game? I can play, though I haven't done a succession game before.

I'm open for whatever civ you guys like, but the first player has to make sure we don't get a really crappy start, and be prepared to load another start if they have to.

OK, so we have

AP
MAM
Quotey
kbk

Others are welcome to join. I'll start when I get home tonight with Turkey. (Maybe kbk can give us his insights with his solo Ottoman domination game).

What about we all roll a start with our civ of choice, play 10-20 turns and choose from the start? What size?

I rolled a nice large France start. Would have preffered Huge because then all euro civs will be there, but some people may not want to.

Maaximillus jumping in at last second like always :)
Got room for me?

Maaximillus jumping in at last second like always :)
Got room for me?

Quotey
AP
MAM
kbk
Maaximillus

Quotey's solution is OK too, and personally I like France better than Turkey (whose UP is too powerful for domination). Why don't you upload your save Quotey and we'll put you first.

We're still going for domination, though.

French domination sounds like fun to me. Turkish domination was all about conquest, French should be about colonization.

Were we starting sometime soon? I thought Quotey was going to post a good French start and his 10 turns?

Yep it was his duty:p

Aren't we all going to post a start/turns? Playing 10 from mine now.

I accidentally only played 9 turns due to a numbering mixup. No worries though.

I'm not sure if we'll just stick with this start or not. Comments in next post.

Turn 1 (166)

Okay, here is our lovely starting position:

We started on the 1W cow. Founded Paris 1E for gold and cows and Iron.

Switched to Monarchy, Slavery, Vassalage and HR .

Moved a warrior and made contact with Vikings, gave them Monotheism for relations.

Started research on Paper, as maps are nice and it's a good little trading chip.

Turn 2 (167)

Found Marseilles for more cows and coastal access!

Turn 3 (168)

Meet Rome and give HBR for relations. Rome has 5 cities now, must have got a semi decent start.

Found Lyon on a hunch... Birka's borders went to 0 on the IT when cities flip IIRC and I#m right and we take the corn. Now need to rush culture in the city.

Turn 4 (169)

Meet Carthage, who is at war with Rome. Send him away. /forgot screns for Hannibal and AC. Oh well, you'll live.

Also found our last free city, Orleans. Settlers gone.

Turn 5 (170)

On the IT, ONE of our axes sitting on a flatland tile takes out 3 attacking barb axes and a sword :wow:

I then kill another sword.

Turn 6 (171)

Superaxe is killed by a camel archer :(

Turn 8 (173)

Join the war against Unstable Carthage at Roman request.

Turn 10 (175)

End.

Attachments

• Napoleon Medieval Age Turn 175.CivBeyondSwordSave
    266.4 KB · Views: 114
Right.

I think we sohuld wait for Engineering and Trebs to war with Hannibal, and they should be research soon (maybe CS first). Alternatively, we could go for op[tics and vassalise the Mayans who may or may not be choked in Jungle. Perhaps it owuld be better to wait for Aztecs or Inca?

I used the Cold setting to generate the map and I have found it gives a higher chance of a better starting position for some civs.

Top Bottom