Succession Game France

jest

Chieftain
Joan of Arc was standing still at the top of a magnificent mountain.
She gazed at the horizon silently. To the south after the river bank there was a green valley, wonderfull to raise cattle. A little further there it was, huge and furious, the ocean. To the North there was the mountains where she knew that precious resources could lie down. A source of gold was already visible from where she was. A mighty defense too, would anyone try to attack.

- Advisor !

Her voice sounded rispid but in fact she was only far away absorted in her thoughts.

- We shall found Mighty Paris in the valley next to the river Bank.

As soon as they settled an ancient tribe living in the valley thaught them the secret of pottery. Joan instructed the wise men to search for a new military unit through the warrior code. She had foreseen that some war would be fought sooner or later. She inclined to the sooner option.
The worker was instructed to build roads and mines on the better spots of the city and a warrior was ordered. By the time the warrior was produced Paris would rise its population in two cycles.
She knew that the populace would grow unrest had they not a garrison and ordered the warrior to stay in Paris. Joan asked some brave pioneers to volunteer for leaving the town and found Orleans nearby. They asked some time to decide, about 7 cycles. Joan agreed, and by the time the pioneers were ready she instructed the warrior to go with them and ordered another one for Paris would grow in a few cycles.

The new warrior is trained and barracks are ordered. Meanwhile word spread that Orleans had been founded on another beautifull valley to the west of Paris that was even richier. It had gems as well as gold. It was a tough decision not to settle the city with direct access to the gems, but in the future it would very much pay off.

Joan was in the exact same location she had been a 1000 years before. She now could see Paris and Orleans and a smile invaded her rude face as if she were imagining the bright things to come.

Ok Hobbes you´r next. The order is as follows:

Jest ( done )
Hobbes
Fsume93
Cyrai
Atros

If someone wants to change the order feel free.

20 turns
72 hours

Got it, should have the description and file posted tommorow.

2950 BC – Our industrious worker has completed the road from Orleans to Paris. Travel times are slowed by the rivers that have to be crossed, but in time we believe we will conquer these problems.

2900 BC – We have completed the training of another warrior to add to our glorious armies.

2750 BC – One of the warriors we sent out to explore spots a village.

2670 BC – Our illustrious warrior persuades (extorts) the Hun tribe to donate 25 gold to "Improve Paris Fund".

2630 BC – Paris is growing, and that means disorder. One citizen is directed to collect taxes, until the next turn when another warrior is complete.

2590 BC – Garrison troops in Paris in order to keep population under control, and start barracks.

2550 BC – Rush build barracks.

2470 BC – Our wise men have discovered Warrior Code, it is decided to research Bronze Working next as our warriors are complaining about their stone axes.

2430 BC – Orleans has a large population and a large group of people decide that they want to settle the area North of the city. Though their route will take them over the mountains the lure of gems keeps them moving forward.

2390 BC – Settler sets out from Orleans, worker is sent to Paris to work on improvements and start road to the North of Paris.

2350 BC – Warrior spots traces of human habitation, goes to investigate.

2310 BC – Reports say that our warriors broke some major taboo at the Gephid village and were attacked and destroyed. It is rumored that they took two of the three tribe's warriors with them to the great beyond.

2270 BC – Parris is growing again, and the people decide to send another group out to conquer the wilderness. Meanwhile one of are warriors makes contact with the Angle tribe and they give us information about the area North of their village. It is an area lush with fruit for making wine. It is decided to send the settler produced by Paris to this area, and to send the warrior back to protect it.

2190 BC – Lyons is founded in an area rich with gems.

Some thoughts, we need to get Ceremonial Burial so that we can build Temples and send out a few more warriors to explore. Other than that, good luck and have fun

France is alive!

State of The Despot Address: We have 192 gold and +3/turn. Sci is @ 20%. We are moderately advanced but have no contact with outside world.

2150 BC Rheims founded NE or the gold in lush grassland. Must get worker to build roads tying all cities together and getting those gems to Paris. Boost Sci up to 90% @-2 gold/turn.

2110-1950 BC Explore with 2 warriors and build roads/mines.

1910 BC Orleans in chaos Sci @80% @0 gold/turn to maximize research, 3 turns left til Bronze working.

1870 BC Calm in the Despotic empire.

1830 BC Sci down to 60% to maximize profit, 1 turn left til Bronze working.

1790 BC Bronze working is ours/Ceremonial Burial is next in 6 turns. Warrior finds border to NW. Who could it be?

1750 BC Warrior in NE runs into Russian scout.

1725 BC Warrior in NW finds Greek city of Sparta. Greeks trade Writing for Masonry and 15 gold and 4 gold/turn (originally they wanted 80 gold, but i prefer giving gold per turn. They have something to lose then if they declare war on us.). Russians trade Wheel for 4 gold and 4/turn.

1700 BC Paris in civil disorder. Archer sent to explore in the south.

1675 BC Paris produces settler, off the the wine region in the great mountanous NE! Ceremonial Burial discovered, Iron Working next in 21 turns @ -6 gold/turn.

1650 BC Warrior in NW finds a Seljuk tribe that teaches us Horseback riding. Warrior in NE defeats a Sarmatian tribe and gets 25 gold. The People expand our Palace for the first time!

1625 BC Warrior in NE finds Greek city of Delphi! Be are bordered to the north by only the Greeks, the Russians must be beyond the Greeks! Greeks special unit is defensive so hopefully we wont have to worry about them attacking us.

1600 BC Archer to south rund into 3 Jute warriors. Kills them all and gets vet status.

1575 BC Road completed to bring Gems into Paris, they people will be happy about this. Russians begin building PYramids.

1550 BC Phoenician warrior approaches Lyon.

1525 BC Phoenician warrior killed attacking Lyon, Phoenician encampement north of Lyon, we need to take it out! Warrior in NW finds English scout. Elizabeth has communication with the Germans, Romans, and Egyptians. We get comm with all 3 for 76 gold. We also trade 54 gold for Iron Working. We then switch to Mysticism 8 turns @ 0 gold/turn. English have 5 cities to our 4. We trade Horseback riding to Egypt for Mysticism, we also get 1 gold/turn and 8 gold. Egypt has 6 cities to our 4.

1500 BC People expand our Palace again! Cultural expansion at Paris!

1475 BC Orleans builds Granary, Romans begin building Pyramids. Tours established in lush wine hills.

Hold on conclusion to follow (with game file)!

I resign from my post until further notice, as I am no longer able to play C3. I just installed Windows XP today, so I went to uninstall and reinstall C3. However, after the uninstall, the reinstall program has decided that it doesn't want to install, it wants to uninstall also. Thus, I am having a hard time installing C3. So skip me until I can play again.

OK guys we have a lot of work to do. We are in last place on the Histograph at 188, Germans are next at 190, greeks at low 200's and the Russians are in first at 254.

We are lacking in all 3 areas: Military, cultural Improvements, and Cities and Infrastructure.

We have a small military, I for one didnt focus on that. I focused on road building, exploring and expanding. We have 2 new cities Tours and Rheims. Need to build a road between them.

When I took over Science spending was at a lowly 20%. Why was it so low? and for how long? We went from a moderate tech to an advanced one during my reign but at the expense of all our gold. Tech is the only area we are doing good.

All the other civs have more cities than us and stronger militaries.

We have our work cut out for us.

There is a barbarian encampement north of Lyon that needs to be taken out (was notified on second to last turn).

My suggestions:

Need to build road from Rhiems to Tours and then through wine tiles at Tours. Let temple at Rheims complete so we can get those gems. When we get roads to other civs we wil have a lot to trade. Need to take out the barbarians north of Lyon before they send out 15 units in one turn to Lyon. Find Iron

My accomplishments:

-Met 5 civs and traded with some. at peace with all of them.
-Built 2 cities
-Built roads (takes long time through mountains) and mines to connect cities and resources.
-bought techs and researched techs to get us advanced. although we have no iron to take advantage of iron working.
-explored great deal to the north.
-spent all our funds.

Whoever is next have fun and i hope no one attacks you...

by the way, i tried to post a pic of our empire but the file was too big.

What is the trick to getting the size of the pic down? It was over 700k and that was in 256 color bmp not 24bit bmp.

Post you pictures using .jpg

I have gotten files under 100K that way.

Thanks Lee,

Let's try this pic

Attachments

• la france.jpg
    la france.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 469
:eek: :eek: :eek:
multiple gems and wines already!

Man, I can't remember the last time I had that many luxuries early on.

Since Cyrai quit, i guess its on to me

1450- An archer is sent north to prepare a site for the settler to be built in Paris, the temple in Rheims was hurried due to the despot's lack of patience with the long build time, unfortunatly, one citizen died, his death was blamed on his poor physical conditions. Various warriors explore the area near the Greek empire, however, it is not know whether we will be able to use it before they settle the area.

1425- the temple in Rheims is built, beneath it is the blood and sweat of the labourers who were forced to build it. Rheims starts production on a worker, which is intended to build a road to Tours and bring in wine.

1400- A spearman is built at Lyons, it is garrisoned in the city. Work is start on a settler, it will be done in 8 turns, with the city growing to a population of 3 in 6 turns.

1375- Paris is in disorder as the citizens were horrified over the oppresion of the despot and the despot's callous use of citizens' lives to build temples, they were bribed into silence with a few entertainers, coincidentally, the settler is finished the next turn

1350- We trade territory maps with the Romans, seems like they're far to the north, not much a threat now, but their military far outnumbers us. We also trade horseback riding, territory map and world map to them for philosophy.

1325- the settler is now on the move the plains north of Lyons. though with no resources and luxuries, we have to prevent the Greeks from expanding.

1300- The science rate had to be reduced as we were losing money.

1250- Lyons has produced a settler, the settler from paris is still a long way to its destination, it was decided that it go to the north of Tours instead as it would be faster. Science increased to 80% with a gain of 1 gold per turn.

1200- all the gem deposits now have roads to them, but we have to wait from the cities to expand to get the gems.

1175- yet another citizen was killed hurrying a temple in Orleans, but his sacrifice saved France six turns.

1125- a barbarian tried to ambush a settler, but was repelled by an elite archer.

1100- Founded Marseilles, although it is on plains, we can irrigate from a river next to it.

1075- we have learnt map making, starting research on Code of Laws, we shall soon be able to destroy corruption within our cities and after that we will have the republic. Bismarck of Germany trades us Code of Laws for Map-making and 3 gold.

1050- a barbarian appears out of nowhere and kills a worker near Orleans, the palace is expanded.

975- a road to Tours has been completed to bring wines into our cities. The governors and officials of the Great French Despotism gather at the palace in Paris for a party with wine!

The save file is here.

We have to get more culture and expand our borders to fill in the gaps between the new cities. The greeks are trying to expand towards us, i saw one of their settlers trying to settle where the new cities are, but i barely got there first.

There are a settler unit ready and more being built, i recommend we quickly settle the greek border so they will not expand.

Also some of the wines are not yet linked with roads, 2 workers are at that area.

We are currently researching Republic and we still do not have polytheism and Monarchy.

This is a screenshot.

Attachments

• arc975bc.jpg
    arc975bc.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 483
I'm pretty sure my computer is back up, so I should be able to field this round. I'll just take my place after Atros from now on.

That didn't turn out so well. A thouroughly unsuccessful reign. I traded my world map for every territory map, thus giving me a pretty complete world map. I also managed to get Literature in a (failed) attempt at the Great Library.

Anyway, Russia calls me up and asks for my territory and 21 gold. I refuse, knowing that she's half the world over. The reign continues, Russia and my next door neighbor, Greece sign a Military Alliance against me. Germany later ALSO gets in on the act. During my reign, I manage to raze a Russian city, but a French city also gets taken. Not much good going on here.

I am dropping out of this game.

Why would someone in last place decline offers and go to war? It is obvious that we are i a bad position.

Top Bottom