Succession: GFC - The Chronicles

Nothing big - we're set to get two wonders shortly (Great Lighthouse and Colossus). , but lost the Pyramids.

The Russian Navy has been founded - long may they keep Russian shores free from invaders! There's a island NW of us - not sure how big it is, but should be able to get at least one settler up there. Literature and Code of Laws discovered, we are close to getting the Republic. With no enemies in sight, might be a good thing for us. No other culture is superior to Russian culture - they just don't know it yet!

The Raven Committee again fades into the background ....

Hey, guys. I made my move. We finally found the other continent and ready to establish our colony there. And nobody know the way how to reach us, so we are pretty isolated and thus there is no direct threat to us. Also we switched to Republic, which is great in money terms. It's a good news.
The bad news is that EVERYBODY else is more technologically advanced then us and most of them are more cultural advanced too.
However we managed to purchase rather cheeply a bunch of technologies (like 4 of them). With the Repulican government we have the money to purchase some simple technologu with every turn.
So everything is still not so bad for us.
Here are the main advices to the next ruler:
1. We just obtained Currency. The first thing to do is to BUILD a MARKETPLACE in MOSCOW!!! It will just BOOM our finances then!
2. Kelowna is not growing. I sent the worker to build mines in the hills there and then I would suggest to help them finish Harbor either by disbanding some unit there (1/2 of the shileds will go in) or settle a worker. With a harbor it will start to grow, propably the next thing to do there is a temple.
3. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES trade world maps for anything! No enemy Galleys were spotted in our waters, they are more advanced then us and our main advantage is our isolation and the water pass that only we know. May be even put a galley in the appropriate place of the open sea to block them access to us.
4. Kiev should finish Forbidden Place – the corruption is too high, so we would better keep the luxury level on 20% to help this.
5. Everything is ready to found the city on the new continent – just choose the spot, settler and our spearmens are already there.
6. Try DO NOT produce military in the cities without barracks. There are Barracks in a couple of cities which is enough for the peace time.

Good luck!

I think it's Gonzo - anyone heard from him? If not by tonight, we might want to think about skipping him (although I hate to skip the host TWICE) and keep the game moving.

Thoughts?

Yes, we have 24 hours confirmation rule. The Game should continue. So I support the skipping.
I am not sure I'll be able to check the Inernet during this long weekend. If it will be my turn to go, please let me know by sending the message to my cell phone. Fot this on the page:

http://www.rogers.com/english/wireless/sendpcs.html

enter my phone#: 250-470-3450 and write the message there.
Thanks
:king:

Hey guys, I've just got an e-mail from gonzo_for_civ that he is skipping!!!
So aemilus is the next,
if we would not have the confirmation from him in 24 hours, which is until about 1 a.m. GMT March 30, than Ed Hunter, if nothing from him until 1 a.m. GMT March 31, then ravensfire.
Also if somebody new would like to take part in this game, let me know, we will keep you in reserve if somebody skipped!!!

I could pick up the administration for this game while gonzo is skipping. Send me your e-mails to denys@emg.ca and to cell (the link is above and long weekend is coming to Canada. I'll ski tomorrow)
The current order!

- gonzo_for_civ - skipped
- aemilius XXIII(played 2nd round)
- Ed Hunter(?)
- ravensfire(played 2nd round)
- DenC (it's me!)

Guys, the game is pretty interesting now! We are in good strategic position on the isolated continent and we have good income, so we could just purchase technologies from others and watch how they fight to each other. Just don't trade World Maps to anybody else!

Originally posted by DenC
Hey guys, I've just got an e-mail from gonzo_for_civ that he is skipping!!!
So aemilus is the next,
Okay it's my turn. You can see my AAR (After Action Report) within the next 48 hours.

"BENG BENG BENG", the sound of the speakers-hammer called for order in the Russian senate, in Russia better known as the Doema. It is the first year of the reign for president Aemilius the 1st. It's a long time ago that an ancestor of this president ruled Russia as despot Aemilius the Silent. At this day, during the summer of the year AD 440 it is far from silent in the Russian senate. This meeting will be remembered in the history as the dawn of the Russian Middle Ages. "Do you want a new town on their continent?". "Yes of course" was the answer. "You are really nuts,.. aren't you?" the questioner continued his attack on the member of the opposing senate fraction. "YEEEEH!!!",... "NO!,... BOO!,".... "BENG BENG,... ORDER!! ORDER!!,... I give speaking time to the supreme commander of the Russian forces now". "Thank you mister president", Marshal Molotov nodded with his head to Aemilius and began his speech to the Doema.

"Gentlemen,.... we are an average empire. Some rival civilizations are somewhat backward advanced, but we have to fear for the Germans and Babylonians. It looks that the Germans are the most powerfull and we know they have the Great Library wonder. So we have to fear the German speed in advancing their science. The Babylonians are in general the most advanced people, especially the Babylonian culture rating is very impressive. What must we do for Russia during the next centuries?"

"One of the best trump we have is indeed that our rivals have not located us yet. So we must do everything we can to maintain our isolated situation. This means that we have to avoid every risk for a conflict with the other rivals. This means indeed that it is not wise if we build a new town located in our rivals continent. It is more than likely that one of our rivals claimed the territory for himself were some of us want our new town. Lets remember the fate of the Persian civilization after they build a city in the territory we had claimed for ourself. If we run into war with another civilization you can be sure that they do everything to locate us. So if we don't want to be located, we cannot take the risk for a war".

"The is a much better spot for our next town. Do never forget to see the little unimportant looking islands in an emty ocean. There is such an island less more than halfway our continent Russia and the other continent "Terra Novio" located at the East side of the ocean East of us. That island is the most perfect outpost we can have in that part of the world. We can use it as the base in the middle of that ocean for our eastern fleet and as a perfect base of operation for every future war against a civilization located at the Terra Novio continent. Remember, if we have this strategical very important island, no one else can have it. It is not a problem that the island can't have a large town because it's not for that goal to have it".

"I wish also an outpost at the island North-West of our continent. This will be the base for our western fleet. I guess that the mainland of the German civilization is not located on Terra Novio but on another unlocated continent North-West or West from us. And were the Babylonians are we have still no idea. Because that it's i.m.o. wise to build also a new town at the South cape of our continent. To build those three towns is for me a toppriority".
We need at least two independed from each other operating fleets. One for the Eastern Ocean and the other for the Western Ocean. In a war situation those two fleets are our 1st and also mainline of defence. We are in fact an island empire, we must use that advance. Our army must, relative tot our fleet, have the second priority

"But we have more to do. It's important that we, after we have discovered the knowledge of construction, discover as soon as we can the last two necessary knowledges before we arrive really in the Middle Ages. And then we most go for engineering. That make it possible to connect our roads across the large rivers by bridges. This will speed up the marchspeed for our army forces across the rivers. This is important if our fleets can't prevent an attack on our continent. For that situation I suggest also to build an fieldarmy as an offensive reactionforce located in, at least, two forts that we can build soon".

This speech above was strategic plan for the Russian advance into the Middle Ages. In the next post (it's past 3 AM for me now) you can read the outcome of the idea's in marshal Molotov speech and you will find the attachment for the next player.

Hey guys! SOrry I've been gone for so long. It's because of work. Now, I have a business trip I HAVE to go on until Tuesday night :( I was able to get a small, loaner laptop since mine is broken but it can't run Civ3. Only IE. :(

I could pick up the administration for this game while gonzo is skipping. Send me your e-mails to denys@emg.ca and to cell (the link is above and long weekend is coming to Canada. I'll ski tomorrow)

Ok, just make sure ya keep everyone in order and I'll be back in a few days.

P.S. Don't worry, I'll still check up on all my Sgs.

Summer AD 470: The Russian scout found out that the German mainland is located at the East of Zululand, the Geman city Bremen discovered.

March 470: The foundation of the town Molotov-Harbour at a small but stategic located island in the Eastern Ocean. The two ships who brought the men to this island are now docked there and form the elements of the 1st taskforce of the 1st (or Eastern) Russian fleet.

August 480: A discovery expedition traveling allong the West coast of India discovered a city belonging to a total unknown civilization we have never heard from before! The city with the name "Newcastle" belong to the English civilization. This empire is also located on the continent Terra Novio, at the South-West of the Indian civilization.

Spring 490: We have discovered the knowledge "Construction" The next sciencegoal is "Horseback-riding"

Spring 500: For only 24 gold-pieces we received the knownledge of "Polytheism" form the English civilization!

February 520: In Kelowna we build the first harbour in our empire. Kelowna is not growing, so we need to build walls there now. A civil disorder delayed the construction of a temple in Susa.

Summer 530: A great moment in the Russian history. With the discovering of the knownledge Horsback-riding we have left the ancient era behind us. Because that a new kind of religion is known now. It seems there exist only 1 single god! Some people suggest that we must build cathedrals in our cities. Our next goal is to discover the secret of "Engineering".

Autum 540: We received the knowledge of "Feudalism" from the English. They got for that Monotheism from us. The 2nd planned town is build near the South-cape of our continent. The town got the name "Sevastopol". It's a good strategic location for the 3rd (or Southern) Russian fleet.

Spring 550: The thirth planned town is build on the cold island North-East of our continent in the Western Ocean. The town got the name "Nova Zembla" and it will the operation base for the 2nd (or Western) Russian fleet.

Begin 570: A worker start with the construction of a fort for the Northern Russian Reaction Force (RRF North) in the forest West of Ravens Nest.

May 580: Kiev finished the construction of the "Forbidden Palace" The corrupion and waste is dramatical lowered now in this part of the empire.

Begin 590: The 1st Task Force of the 2nd (or Western) fleet at Nova Zembla is formed.

March 610: Kiev finished the training of the 1st Russian cavalry regiment. This unit is a part of the RRF North.

Late in the year 620: Russia discovered the knowledge of "Engineering". The next sience-goal is to discover the secret of "Invention".

Autum 630: Just before President Aemilius died, he received the message that the Expedition fleet who discovered the English coast have located the Babylonian border now. Also Babylon is located on the continent "Terra Novio" at the South East side of that continent. We Russia, are still not located by any other civilization.

After Aemilius death a new government took over the control in the Russian Empire. I wish the new Russian president a lot of wisedom and good luck.

Hey,
We have the game waiting for Ed Hunter to confirm his turn for about 19 hours already.
I sent him a message asking to confirm if he'll make the turn until 6 p.m. PST (9 p.m. EST) today.
If he won't then ravensfire have his time until 6 p.m. PST (9 p.m. EST) Apr 2.
And if there'll be no news from either of them until 9 p.m. EST, apr 2, than Denys III will come to the throne.

Ed,

You're up - but I've not seen anything from you yet, and the game has not been downloaded. Please post something to let us know if you are there - we are past the 24 hour rule. I'm going to grab the game if I don't see anything from you when I get home (assuming, of course, my connection is working).

-- Ravensfire

Okay, due to a power outage at my home, the game didn't get played last night. Power was back on this morning (and a good thing too! Shaving in the dark ....), so it will get played tonight when I'm home from work.

Sorry guys, but the Raven Committe only functions at night, the better to remain "behind the scenes"

-- Ravensfire

- Dark days have returned to Russia. The people have seen the birds flying about palace. Dark birds, signs of darker things - the Raven Committee once again is influencing Catherine.

The private weed stash of the previous ruler is confiscated after a worker is discovered builing a road in a jungle.
Science ratio slightly tweaked to improve our rate of discovery some, but still build up the cash reserves. Hmmm, Theology is available. Hmmmmmm

The lack of workers was noted, the Raven Committee resolves to increase the funding of police units, resulting in more "involuntary terrain enhancement

Nothing major happened - discovered Invention, started on Gunpowder. We've acquired Theology, and started on the Chapel. Please, try to get this wonder. We could really use it in the future.

Founded a new city on the new continent - it looks funny, but trust me - we MUST get on that continent. Ours is too small, we've got to create space for ourselves there, anyway we can. Our land back home needs improvement - more workers were created, but we need to continue in that area for a while. Way too much jungle still left, plus no clear wonder city. Our number one producer is 16 shields. Horrible! Kiev and Dneprgrad are potentially great cities, but we need to grow them!

I'm thinking that the FP in Kiev, although a great short-term solution, is going to hurt us in the long run. I really don't want to lose the palace in Moscow, but if we want to have any presence in Terra Novio, we're gonna have to. No offense DenC, but I think we shot ourselves with the FP. Our two capitals are way too close given a relatively small island. It's gonna hurt us long term.

Good luck to the next ruler!

Ok, my turn is next. But first let me correct Aemilius and reply to ravensfire:
Aemilius, Doema (Russian Parliament) is spelled correctly as DUMA on English (also you may use Doema transcription in Holland) and Nova Zembla is NOVAYA ZEMLYA in reality. The thing is that many Russians who live abroad use latin letters to communicate on Russian in Internet as they don't have a Cyrillic keyboard and there are some fixed rules for the translation of Cyrillic to Latin coding.

Ravensfire, I still think it's good to have FP in Kiev as it could take a long time for us to have enough citites on the new continent to justify the exisitence of the FP or Palace there. And after we will need it there, then it's better to have a new palace there, not FP as the palace will reduce the chance of flipping of conquered citites there. Also both palace and FP need too much time to build, especially in corrupted far new city, so we would need a leader to build it there. And we could easily spare leader for that when we will have Military Academy. Until that it's crucial to have a good production and financial base on our own small continent to support the invasion and war.
And it's true that we need to have the strong fleet for invasion.

Anyway, it's my turn today, I confirm it, and hear from me tomorrow!:king:

Hey, guys
I managed to make only 5 turns yesterday, will finish today. And here is the report:
1. Stupid Babylonians demanded Territory Map from Us, We refuse and they declared the war! They even do not know where are we located! If we would have the Cossacks already, we will crush them instantly for such foolishness! 1 Veteran Cossack kills easily the Musketeer fortified in City with City Walls.
2. We purchased Education from English for 66 Gold + 11/per turn. High price? Yes! But We calculated that it will cost us at least 400 Golds to research it by ourselfes. They were the only one who agreed to sell it to us. So We founded two Universities.
3. We do not know about Sistine Chapel builded in Moscow. Propably Leonardo Workshop would be better to upgrade all our Spearmens to Musketeers for half price and Galleys to Galleons and so on? Anyway the final decision will be propably taken by the next ruler.
4. Fine tuned production in some citites, new Workers produced. Catherinburg seems to be the important city, we need to settle one Worker there.
5. Troops are in transit to the New Continent to strengthen the defence of our city there.
6. We are still not discovered by anybody and even did not see their ships.
7. The best strategic target for us to attack would be English - they are VERY close to our shores and not too tough.
8. We should ABSOLUTELY start the war as soon as we will have the Cossacks and UNTIL they have Riflemans. Cossacks are the great troops of Mother Russia, they will help us to rule the world! If we will conquer the Englishmans, we will be the greatest civilization.
9. Now we researching Chemistry, next is Mettalurgy and then the Russian Dream - Cossacks !

More news to come tomorrow.:king:

Originally posted by ravensfire
[B

Founded a new city on the new continent - it looks funny, but trust me - we MUST get on that continent. Ours is too small, we've got to create space for ourselves there, anyway we can.

[/B]

Indeed we must, but it's i.m.o. better if we take those cities from other civilizations at the moment that we are military strong enough to defence our home continent and fight an offensive war at Terra Nova. Also the high corruption and waste level at Terra Nova was for me a reason not to found new cities there.
It take i.m.o. too much time to build city improvements there. My plan was: "let other civilizations build them and lets take those cities *with* the already built improvements later.

Originally posted by DenC

Aemilius, Doema (Russian Parliament) is spelled correctly as DUMA on English (also you may use Doema transcription in Holland) and Nova Zembla is NOVAYA ZEMLYA in reality.

Okay, because we use the English language in our communication it's Duma (the English transcription) for me.

I don't agree to use the name Novaya Zemlya for Nova Zembla in our game. The name for this island is in Dutch "Nova Zembla" and that is also a reality in our real world. I used the Dutch name for this island because the island special role played in the Dutch history. I'm a Dutch player as you know and I was the player who founded that city. I think it's polite if we use the cityname that the founding player gave to the city. If we agree with the argument that the given name Nova Zembla must be Novaya Zemlya, then we must also change the English name Moscow into Moskva.

Re: Nova Zembla

1. I've renamed it back to your spelling.
2. Do we refer to the same island in the Arctic Ocean North-East of Murmansk? What was it "special role played in the Dutch history."? Just curious, do not know nothing about. In Russian history huge nuclear weapon tests were done there.:eek:

Top Bottom