Sucession game - LK4.

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Sucession game - LK4. The last of these for awhile I plan to start.

20 turns per person. Will cut back later game to 10 when war, or hugh empire. 72 hours rule in effect.

LKendter
OHwell (next to confirm interest, or dropping) (currently playing???)
lurking (on deck)
Kev

No openings, cutting back to 4 players

GAME START

World Size = Standard
# civs = 8 (any more and diplomacy is a pain, and WAY TO SLOW)
Starting civ = EGYPT Not random this time.
Land Mass = Random
Climate = Random
Temperature = Random
Age = Random
Barbarians = Roaming.

Difficulty = Regent (Even level)

4000 BC - Thebes is formed, and it is nice. 3 cows, 2 wheat, 2 grassland with shields! The Gaul tribe adds 25 to the treasury. We start Bronze working, as Masonary is already known to us.

3750 BC - And we form our first warrior.

3700 BC - Although it will be small, a city must be started south of Thebes. I can't resist 2 more cows.

3600 BC - We start settler #2, do to the wealth of food.

3400 BC - Our warriors spot fur. Quickly running out of grasslands, but luxuries are always good. :)

3150 BC - A tribe gives us a bonus warrior. Never argue with extra explorers this early.

3100 BC - We make first contact - The greeks. We trade Masonary and $8 for Alphabet.

Goals - City in the furs. Another first contact coming up. Turn Memphis into a worker / settler factory +4 food a turn.

Up next - The 2nd player to sign up

EDIT - Deleted old attachment

Wow, you are a succession maniac! I don't know if I should join... already in two and may be too busy!

Well, slot #2 will go to the next person to move.

I have set up Thebes to be a killer wonder city.

Memphis with all of its food - Great settler / worker city.

Build a wonder is Thebes soon. Maybe it can join my Babylon game for 20000 in one city :love:

Lord of Hammers has been chosen, His reign will be swift and crushing!

2950 Bc- Trade tech with Romans, a tribe that is advanced as us.

2470 Bc- Built the town of Heliopolis, it has fur!

2380- Mephis disorder

sorry about short post, in hurry:)

Up next - OPEN! Next person to move gets slot #3.

The person who picks this up.

1 - Fix Memphis disorder. Then Worker #2, then tons of settlers. This doesn't need temples or border locks.

2 - Thebes - The Pyramids. GREAT production city. Lets take advantage.

3 - Get a settler to the spice patch!

4 - After the cow is upgraded. Road to Helioplis.

5 - Lower the science rate. Wasting money.

Good luck.

The mighty King Lurking I will reign over they Egyptian masses. His turn will be complete within 24 hours. I will post soon! Next person, sign up with lkender to go after me! Hurrah!

If you get desperate enough to accept me, then mail me or something. Then again I'm already in, was it, three sucession games...
Can there be too many?

I would like to join up with this game if there is still room.

I've played MANY a succession game in the Civ2 forums and I've been looking forward to Civ3 games. Got Civ3 and've been playing since the day it came out (well, not CONTINUOUSLY), so I'm sure I can help out.

Let me know.

My email is kevd111@aol.com or you can PM me.

Thanks.

And Skidi - yeah these games can take up some time if there are too many. I admire Lee for taking on the gathering of so many at the same time. It's nice now (early game) when 20 turns just fly on by, but later in the game it can be very time consuming. This is why in Civ2 games we've started with 15 or 20 turns, but later in the game dropped the number down to make them more manageable.

Plus, many of us like to embellish our accomplishments or do their writeups in story form. Check out some of the Civ2 succession game entries - they can be pretty funny and entertaining at times. Someone even wrote his whole batch of turns as one, large poem! You can check out my last effort in the "Classic Britannia" storyline in the Civ2 Stories and Tales for an example.

Kev,

You are #5. That closes this one.

The only exceptions for slot #6 (first come, first serve) would be an couple of people that were already asked / asking about this game.

In 2390 BC, the Egyptian people wandered their small continent in search of a leader. I young barbarian named Lurking, impressed a Egyptian woman with is feats of strength and daring. The young woman, Clandra, brought Lurking back to the Egyptian capital of Thebes. There, Lurking deserted Clandra and courted many Egyptian ladies (and men) of the high council. He made his way to the top through deception and subtle trickery. When he became king, he had the wishy-washy council slaughtered and called for the beautiful Clandra. Clandra joined Lurking side and helped him rule with true piety and intelligence. Lurking stories follow:

2390BC - Lurking realizes that the previous rulers intention of producing a group of settlers to colonize new land for Egypt is ill planned. Lurking decrees that the workers that were intended for the settling group finish a temple to worship Egyptian gods, and fast!

2350BC - A worker, north of Thebes, finishes building a mine there. Lurking orders him to stay put and finish extending a road northward from Thebes.

2270BC - 500km east of Thebes a young egyptian warrior and his friends discover a barbarian warrior. They attack without mercy. The barbarian dies without the Egyptians suffering much injury.

Attachments

• warrior_barbarian_egypt_2270bc.jpg
    warrior_barbarian_egypt_2270bc.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 584
2230- Settler heads north from Thebes to found a new city!

2190- A Egyptian warrior northeast of Egypt's soverign territory moves into the mountains, just east of Rome. He hopes none of Ceaser's spies will notice his campfire.

2150- Rome demands the warrior leave Roman territory. Lurking sends beautiful Cleopatra to convince Ceaser otherwise... Also, Thebes produces another settler who also heads north. The warrior southeast of Heliopolis disturbs and angry barbarian tribe. The surround the unfortnate warrior. The Egyptian warrior bites his lip with fright, but as the blood slides from his lips over his tongue and taste buds his starts to see red in both his eyes. The warrior goes beserk and slaughters all 15 of the barbarians. His is awarded elite status!

Attachments

• egypt_warriorelite_2150bc.jpg
    egypt_warriorelite_2150bc.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 547
2110- Settlers from Thebes contine north to found cities near Rome.

2070- Heliopolis produces a warrior. The city begins work on a worker to improve the surrounding jungle terrain. Jungebes begins work on a great project, The Colossus. Norther warrior near tundra looses battle to barbarians.

2030- Elephantine founded near fresh lake. Desert warrior wins 25 gold.

1950BC - Thebes produces another settler.

1790BC - Civil disorder erupts in Memphis when all the young woman flout their "goods" in the street. Memphis becomes a yearly host city for a new "sleep in the street" festival. King Lurking is furious for the lost production! A Egyptian warrior, 1500km east of Thebes discovers vast, uncharted desert where incense abounds!

1750BC - Lurking sends ugly women to the "sleep in the street" festival in Memphis. The men are disgusted and spend days and weeks at work to avoid the site. Civil disorder is now under control.

1725BC - The men of Memphis send away the disgusting females with a few desperate men to found a new settlement. A settler ventures forth from Memphis in search of "a land without beauty predjudices". Lurking is heard to mutter under his breath, "yeah, and good luck finding that."

1700BC - Heliopolianites finally get their act together and produce something worthwhile to the kingdom. A working parth ventures out to cut down some disease ridden jungle.

1675BC - Elephantine produces a worker, it also starts production of the greatest project ever attempted, The Pyramids. A settler moves to a spice filled area near Athans and founds a new city (no this is not the ugly women and their small band of men :)

Lurking dies a painless death in his sleep, but his longtime lover Clandra saves his eyeballs in hopes that they can be used someday to see, "the wisdom of the past to improve the future for Egypt."

Here is the save file:

SkidiWili,

Please move Pyramids production from Elephatine to Thebes. Elephatine has so little production, it will never build the wonder.
Jungebes has a good shot this early for the Colossus. However, mine the grass land below it.

Use the new worker from Memphis to improve around Thebes, then Jungebes. I would like to have a succession game with some wonders

We are quickly running out of good city spots :( Get that game / cow spot!

:goodjob:

Ah, but I was referring to the number of succession games I was playing in currently not the number of players in succession game. But then again it was my fault that you misunderstood my meaning Kev.

The SkidiWili, an average troublemaker, is chosen to follow Lurking because of some divine signs in the heavens.(Some say that the signs meant that they should get rid off the SkidiWili...)

-1650BC bought wheel from Aztecs. There's no horses near our kingdom.
-1550BC our settler simply wasn't fast enough. The Romans steal the spot.
-1475BC bought mysticm from Aztecs
-1350BC bought iron working and pottery from Romans. They have a lot iron, but there's only one free them. I sent a settler to it, even though it isn't a good place for city, but we need the iron if we don't like the idea of Roman legions crushing us.

After a short reign the SkidiWili is overthrown, decapitadet and his head is placed next to Lurking's eyes. After this the children of Egypt and all other lands, are scared by telling scary bedtime tales about the SkidiWili's head. A new leader is selected for the Egyptians.

We need that iron. That's why we have to build a city to not so good place. Once we have the iron, I really think that taking Athens for us is a really good idea, as the Greeks don't seem to have any other cities. Romans mean trouble. Their UU, the legion, is now avaivable for them and that really isn't so good thing for us. Maybe using cultural persuation to against the Romans while remaining friendly with them in the diplomatic level?

Skidi: Actually, I apologize in that you didn't understand what I was trying to get at. I WAS speaking about the number of games that you were playing in. My point was that it can be tough when all of a sudden 3 games - all in the mid or latter stages - hit at one time. But, hey, I guess that just means MORE Civ!

I will download and play this evening. Question for those who've played before me: Have there been any messages regarding other civs building wonders and about what years did these messages occur?

It looks as thought we are in a precarious position right now without horses or iron and the Greeks and Romans nearby. Either civ will be difficult to oust to be sure, and the militaristic Romans could run us through if we're not careful.

Top Bottom