Suggest interesting/good mystery/horror movies from 2016-2017

I'd be hard pressed to come up with any interesting/good films of any genre in that period.

I'd be hard pressed to come up with any interesting/good films of any genre in that period.

:sad: I went back and reviewed the Oscar and Golden Globe nominees and winners in all categories. I haven't even heard of most of them. I only saw Fantastic Beasts, which I wouldn't recommend.

I did see recently China Moon, which IMHO is the last good film noir movie, but it's from decades ago.

Are you cool with sort of B movie quality? I actually enjoyed watching Late Phases. It's a werewolf movie in a sort of unique setting. The main character is this hardass vet who's lost his sight. His son moves him into this gated senior community and shortly after there are a series of animal attacks and so on. The reviews were pretty varied so it might have that "cult" quality where it appeals to a niche crowd.

It's pretty standard for a werewolf movie but the setting and the fact that the hero is old and blind gives it a different twist. It's worth a shot.

the lobster had plenty of psychological horror, was an all around great movie. it is more dark/absurdist comedy than horror, however.

the alchemist cookbook (2016) is a greek horror movie, absolutely visceral with great performance, superb setting and just really lots of fresh ideas.

like I mentioned in the other thread, the witch: a new england folk tale is a must watch. definitely one of the best horror movies of the decade so far.

the lobster had plenty of psychological horror, was an all around great movie. it is more dark/absurdist comedy than horror, however.

the alchemist cookbook (2016) is a greek horror movie, absolutely visceral with great performance, superb setting and just really lots of fresh ideas.

like I mentioned in the other thread, the witch: a new england folk tale is a must watch. definitely one of the best horror movies of the decade so far.

The Witch was pretty good :) And that Ironborn has the deepest voice of all time!

Another movie from years ago: Denzel Washington's Out of Time. He's a small-town sheriff investigating a double murder. All the evidence points at him. :eek:

Top Bottom