Alright, I'll start:

Maps:
1. Huge TSL earth
2. Huge TSL Americas
3. Huge TSL Africa
4. Huge TSL Asia
4. Huge TSL Europe
5. Huge TSL Oceanaina
6. A new map size that can fit 45-50 civs. (Massive)
7. Massive TSL earth (This might bring most computers to their knees LOL)

Modes:
- Age of Civilizations Mode: Eras last around 1200 turns (Earlier ones last more), More techs and civics are added to each era (A bunch of smaller steps between normals techs that give small boosts such as +.5 food for every farm), year changes every turn, starts at 7000 B.C.E, production doesn't change, no religion cap (This would require more great units in the game), must be played on Huge or Massive map

Scenarios:

1. First Scottish War For Independence:
Play as England or Scotland. Includes three civs (England, Scotland, France) and a couple of city-states (Ireland).
Scotland:
UA: Scottish Fire- Don't lose loyalty in any city.
Robert The Bruce: Bannockburn- can not be destroyed by taking out all their cities, get 3-5 AC, Melee, or Ranged units every 10 turns.
UU: Scottish Pike- +5 CS for every adjective Scottish pike. 25% cheaper than pikemen they replace, May build Woodland Camps, 1 build charge
UI: Woodland Camp- +5 XP for any unit trained in it (Can create melee, ac, and ranged units), +10 HP to friendly units standing on it at end of turn. Built by Scottish Pike

England:
UA: English Reign- +10 CS to land units in annexed or puppet cities.
Edward I: Wrath of Edward- +10% production for melee, AC, and ranged units
UU: Longbowmen- +1 range , +2 CS compared to crossbowmen they replace.
UI: English Fort- 15 RS, 1 range, +10 HP to unit occupying it at end of turn

France:
Lead by Philip IV (No abilities as it is an AI civ)

Goal: Own Edinburgh at turn 300

Starting: Scottland is allied with France, Scottland's cities are all puppets of England. Scottland has 3 Scottish pikes, 3 Archers, and 1 knight, along with two special units: William Wallace and John Comyn. Who each has the CS of a knight and +2 promotions (Follow melee upgrade tree)
England has 10 longbowmen, 5 knights, and 20 spearmen.

Post your own ideas bellow and comment on others ideas.

I just want one of these updates to make their earth map compatible with dams. As recently as a couple months ago they still don't function correctly.
A larger version would be cool too, but without something as integral as floods working I really have no desire to play vanilla earth.

I really really would love to see remakes of:
1) Scramble for Africa (with ethiopia maybe?)
2) Conquest of the New World
3) Empires of the Smoky Skies. Now that we have mechanics like electricity and era score, it would be such a great scenario to put back into the game. Or something akin to it. Either way, I could cannibalize those new assets for modding...

I would see an American Scenario.
As the war of independances of Americas.
It should be great to set a total war scenario with Simón Bolivar!
But this have a problem of a lack to Leaders to represent important nations in this Era as Haiti, Argentina and Uruguay who made this war more exciting.

Let's take a look in this Argentinian Cartoon about the War of independence.
Look how it was crazy with the Argentinian, Uruguayans and Brazil fight one against each other in the crazy world it was around 1800.
Paraguay, some how, was neutral at this time and just become a war lord when D.Pedro II try to invade again Uruguay, enough is enough, said Solano Lópes.

Using Simón Bolivar would be amazing.

I was thinking how a Libertador Scenarios is possible without any new Civ.

I guess the map should just have Caribean, and South American (Central America just the minimun to close the map).
Bolivar can be spoted in the middle of Caribean, between Haiti and Jamaica with no city.
(Just in the third time Bolivar try to Liberate America he had success, in his 3rd time he was in Caribe. He wrote a famous letter in Jamaica and had British-Jamaican and South-Haitian aid).

So Bolivar should have some Musketman, some field canons and at least one red coat. (If Haiti was a Civ, Simon also should have at least one Haitian Unique Unit).
I guess he should have NO Llanero when start this scenario.

In Colombia Magdalena river should have a lot of Spanish troops, but in Venezuela should have a lot of Llanero as barbarians.
For Each Barbarian-Llanero killed, it should become Columbian troop with half HP.

A Very important city to have in this scenario is Tunja, (Also know as Boyacá Battle, Tunja is the Capital of Boyacá)

The land between Colombia and Venezuela should be full of Mountains and Swamps.

In deep south it can have San Martin as Mapuch Civilization, at same time Chile should still inside Spanish Empire. So, if we play as Mapuche-Argetina it should start in the Yapeyú excursion.

If this game is well balanced. The time Simon need to conquer Caracas should be the same San Martin conquer San Tiago.
The time Simon conquer Bogotá should be the same San Martin conquer Lima
And both should match in Guayaquil.

Each Nowadayes Equatorian, Peruvian and Bolivian city who is liberated should be ask if want to anex or not, if it be liberated, it should appear Pachacuti as leader of liberated cities.
AI should liberate the Peru as Mapuche and keep city as Bolivar.

Assunción, Montevidéo, Port-Au-Prince and Cap-Haitïen should be city states.
Spanish cities in Central America and Caribe should become city state if liberated.

In the middle of this scenario should appear the GREAT Spanish Armada.
In the Easy scenario it should always go to Colombia, but if the player is in Hard and using Mapuche, it should appear around Buenos Aires.

About Suzeraine, Simon Bolivar should start with 3 suzeraine points with Port-Au-Prince and Montevidéo. Argentina just 2 suzeraine points with Assunción.
Brazil should be ally with Spain and when Colombia-AI become suzeraine of Montevidéo, Brazil should conquer it.

If this game is well balanced, the last city to be conquered is Ayacucho in nowadays Bolivia.

Here's my American Revolution Scenario:
Play as a colony or England.

Civs: Thirteen Colonies, Great Briton, France, Iroquois, Spain, and Cree.
City-States: Different Prussian Dukes

Great Briton:
UA: Royal Navy- Naval units cost 50% less to produce and buy.
Parliament: British Empire- +5 CS to melee units on continent besides their own.
UU: Redcoat- Same as base game Victoria
UU2: Sea Dog- Same as base game
UI: Royal Navy Dockyard- Same as base game

Massachusetts Bay Colony:
John Adams
UA: Parker's Revenge- Units Have +5 CS if under 50% HP
UU: Minuteman- 50% cheaper. Gain an extra free minuteman every time they train one

New York:
-----
UA: Nathan Hail- Spies have a chance of creating units when killed.
UU: Green Mountain Boys- +5 CS on woods or hills. No penalty from terrain.

New Hampshire:
-----
UA: Ticonderoga- +10 CS verse fortified units or encampments
UU: Green Mountain Boys- +5 CS on woods or hills. No penalty from terrain.

Ect.

Starts with Briton and Massachusetts at war. All other colonies are neutral. Briton is surzien of all the Prussian city states. (Which provide a special, Hessian unit)
Spain and France own Florida and Canada respectively and both don't like Briton.

America wins if there are no British owned cities in the thirteenth colonies and at least four states have signed the declaration of independence, (After which the colonies will convert to a single civ, America, with all the UUs of the colonies and the Continental congress as their leader.) by turn 300.

Briton wins if the conditions are not met.

Units include: Artillery, Calvary, Ranger, Musketman (No armor this time), Frigid, Grenadier, Caravel, Privateer, and the UUs.

Here's my American Revolution Scenario:
Play as a colony or England.

Civs: Thirteen Colonies, Great Briton, France, Iroquois, Spain, and Cree.
City-States: Different Prussian Dukes

Once I read the American Revolution War was the first Civil War in Iroquois federation since 1142.
I try to search a bit but don't find who against who, but I would like to understand it better in an American Revolution Scenario.

Once I read the American Revolution War was the first Civil War in Iroquois federation since 1142.
I try to search a bit but don't find who against who, but I would like to understand it better in an American Revolution Scenario.

Honestly I don't know much about this. However, I suspect it may have been bc of some tribes siding with different sides. (British and Americans)

I would really like a land only no major bodies of water 'Great Plains' style map.

+1 to Bolivar themed scenario.

I really like the Outback Tycoon scenario and would like more non-combat related scenarios. Another scenario could be Age of Art centered around the Renaissance/Enlightenment. A culture themed scenario about great artists and great works. Could also possibly have unique great person 'Sculptor'. Unique wonders like Trevi Fountain and Sistine Chapel.

I had an idea for a New World Colonization Scenario on some thread but I'll put some details on here. It is similar to the Civ IV Colonization but updated:

Playable Civs: All start with an initial Settler, Musketman or Replacement, Ranger or Replacement, and Caravel or Replacement, on the ocean

New England:
UA: Empty her Jails: Faster settler production in a city with a Royal Navy Dockyard.
UU Redcoat (Same as Base Game)
UD Royal Navy Dockyard (Same as Base game)
Revolting/Independence: Changes to America
New UU: Minutemen

New France:
UA: Native Allies- Gain extra gold for trade routes to native settlements when a camp or pasture is in the destination city.
UU: Coureur Des Bois (Ranger Replacement) Faster movement.
UD: Fort (Replaces Encampment) Culture Bombs adjacent tiles.
Revolting/Independence: Changes to Canada
New UI: HBC (Replaces the Stock Exchange) Gain gold for every luxury resource owned.

New Spain:
UA: Gold, God, and Glory- Gain gold when converting a native settlement and missionaries gain +1 charge.
UU Conquistador (Same as Base Game)
UI: Hacienda (Same as Gran Colombia)
Revolting/Independence: Changes to Gran Colombia
New UU: Llanero

New Portugal:
UA: Age of Discovery- Naval Units gain experience for exploration like recon units.
UU Nau (replaces Caravel) Has larger line of sight.
UI Feitoria- Built on coast next to a luxury resource. Gain gold for every luxury resource.
Revolting/Independence: Changes to Brazil
New UI: Brazilwood camp +2 gold on rainforests.

New Netherlands:
UA: West India Company- May run Transatlantic Trade city project with a harbor. Gain extra gold per turn and Great Merchant points.
UU: Fluyt (Faster Frigate) Protects traders in water tiles.
UD: Trading Post (Replaces Commercial Hub) +2 Gold when adjacent to a harbor or luxury resource.
Revolting/Independence: Changes to Dutch Caribbean
New UI: Sea Resort? Gain gold based off of appeal like Base game.

Goal: The first playable nation to successively revolt and become independent wins in 300 turns. If you gather enough of a mixture of science per turn, culture per turn, gold or faith it can be converted into Constitution points which when you reach 50 you can start a revolution and units from Europe will come and suppress you.

Non Playable Native Settlements:
Tenochtitlan:
Unique ally bonus- Defeated units may become builders

Qusqu:
Your units may move through mountain tiles

Chichen Itza:
Your cities receive full housing as if settled on fresh water.

Onondaga:
Gain alliance points for every unit killed.

Mikisiw-Wacîhk:
Your traders may claim tiles within three spaces of your cities

Ngulu Mapu:
Pillaging reward are doubled and do not end movement.

Tségháhoodzání:
May build farms on desert.

Hunza:
Receive gold for every lake tile and rainforest tile owned.

Caguana:
Gain extra culture if your citizens are happy, +2 if escatic.

Niteroi:
Faster movement for units in woods and rainforest.

Tuskegee:
Plantations and farms grant science.

Pȟežísla Wakpá (Little Bighorn): +7 Combat strength to cavalry units.

Last edited:
Another scenario I wouldn't mind seeing is a crusades scenario.

I would really like a land only no major bodies of water 'Great Plains' style map.

+1 to Bolivar themed scenario.

I really like the Outback Tycoon scenario and would like more non-combat related scenarios. Another scenario could be Age of Art centered around the Renaissance/Enlightenment. A culture themed scenario about great artists and great works. Could also possibly have unique great person 'Sculptor'. Unique wonders like Trevi Fountain and Sistine Chapel.

Your map idea sounds cool. Also though I don't enjoy the outback tycoon I'd love to see a Renaissance/Enlightenment scenario.

I was thinking how a Libertador Scenarios is possible without any new Civ.

I guess the map should just have Caribean, and South American (Central America just the minimun to close the map).
Bolivar can be spoted in the middle of Caribean, between Haiti and Jamaica with no city.
(Just in the third time Bolivar try to Liberate America he had success, in his 3rd time he was in Caribe. He wrote a famous letter in Jamaica and had British-Jamaican and South-Haitian aid).

So Bolivar should have some Musketman, some field canons and at least one red coat. (If Haiti was a Civ, Simon also should have at least one Haitian Unique Unit).
I guess he should have NO Llanero when start this scenario.

In Colombia Magdalena river should have a lot of Spanish troops, but in Venezuela should have a lot of Llanero as barbarians.
For Each Barbarian-Llanero killed, it should become Columbian troop with half HP.

A Very important city to have in this scenario is Tunja, (Also know as Boyacá Battle, Tunja is the Capital of Boyacá)

The land between Colombia and Venezuela should be full of Mountains and Swamps.

In deep south it can have San Martin as Mapuch Civilization, at same time Chile should still inside Spanish Empire. So, if we play as Mapuche-Argetina it should start in the Yapeyú excursion.

If this game is well balanced. The time Simon need to conquer Caracas should be the same San Martin conquer San Tiago.
The time Simon conquer Bogotá should be the same San Martin conquer Lima
And both should match in Guayaquil.

Each Nowadayes Equatorian, Peruvian and Bolivian city who is liberated should be ask if want to anex or not, if it be liberated, it should appear Pachacuti as leader of liberated cities.
AI should liberate the Peru as Mapuche and keep city as Bolivar.

Assunción, Montevidéo, Port-Au-Prince and Cap-Haitïen should be city states.
Spanish cities in Central America and Caribe should become city state if liberated.

In the middle of this scenario should appear the GREAT Spanish Armada.
In the Easy scenario it should always go to Colombia, but if the player is in Hard and using Mapuche, it should appear around Buenos Aires.

About Suzeraine, Simon Bolivar should start with 3 suzeraine points with Port-Au-Prince and Montevidéo. Argentina just 2 suzeraine points with Assunción.
Brazil should be ally with Spain and when Colombia-AI become suzeraine of Montevidéo, Brazil should conquer it.

If this game is well balanced, the last city to be conquered is Ayacucho in nowadays Bolivia.

This would be an amazing way to incorporate Simon into a scenario.

- Age of Civilizations Mode: Eras last around 1200 turns (Earlier ones last more), More techs and civics are added to each era (A bunch of smaller steps between normals techs that give small boosts such as +.5 food for every farm), year changes every turn, starts at 7000 B.C.E, production doesn't change, no religion cap (This would require more great units in the game), must be played on Huge or Massive map

I think it's a terrible mode.
Marathon games already tend to be boring. Now imagine if instead of meaningful techs you only get boring "+5 food" on techs... that would make the game feel like those bad 4X.
And for what benefit? Nothing, really. It just makes the game slower. It's not more historical - with such a slow speed, it means that you can send a unit to discover the entire world before reaching the antiquity.

I think it's a terrible mode.
Marathon games already tend to be boring. Now imagine if instead of meaningful techs you only get boring "+5 food" on techs... that would make the game feel like those bad 4X.
And for what benefit? Nothing, really. It just makes the game slower. It's not more historical - with such a slow speed, it means that you can send a unit to discover the entire world before reaching the antiquity.

The point of this mode is for those who like marathon but don't like that the timer changes 5 years and that the production is so long. Also the fact is that it must be played on massive or huge map. as I stated massive maps would be insanely large. (enough to bring slower computers to their knees.) It's a version for players who want to play longer. The smaller techs and civics make it so you're not in the modern era in 0 A.D.

Alright another idea here:

Crusade Scenario:
Game Start:

Holy Roman Empire starts with Rome and Sultanate of Rum starts with Jerusalem. The Islamic forces start with a larger force than the christian forces
Playable Civs:

Kingdom of England:
Longbowman: +2 range than crossbowman (doesn't replace)
Catholic

Kingdom of France:
Chevalier: +5 CS than knight (doesn't replace)
Catholic

Holy Roman Empire:
Teutonic Knight: +3 CS, No maint., +25% cost, than swordsman (doesn't replace)
Catholic

Kingdom of Hungary:
Black Army: Same as base game but doesn't replace
Catholic

Byzantine Empire:
Cataphract: +3 CS and -1 movement than knight, +10 CS when defending from ranged attack (doesn't replace)
Eastern Orthodox

Ayyubid dynasty:
Mamluk: Same as base game but doesn't replace
Islamic

Sultanate of Rum:
Barbary Corsair: Same as base game but doesn't replace
Islamic

Unplayable Faction:

Knights Templar:
Templar Knight- +5 CS compared to swordsman and can build forts (doesn't replace)

How to Win:
Christian forces win if they have Jerusalem and Rome by turn 150 (knights Templar can take it)
Islamic forces win if they have Jerusalem and Rome by turn 150

Rules:

Special Tech and Civics like pirates, traders, and raiders.

Units in game:
Archer: Same as base game but no maint.
Crossbowman: Same as base game
Catapult: Same as base game

Trebuchet: Slightly stronger the catapult with higher cost and production
Battering Ram: Same as base game
Siege Tower: Same as base game
Swordsman: Same as base game but lower maint.
Longswordman: Stronger than swordsman but higher maint. and cost
Spearman: Same as base game
Pikeman: Same as base game
Knight: Same as base game but can build forts
Courser: Same as base game
Builder: +2 charges compared to base game
Skirmisher: -50% cost compared to base game
All medieval and classical ships are the same
Trader: Same as base game
Peasant Force: Weak melee unit with low cost and no maint.
Heavy Troops: Stronger than Swordsman, +10 CS on attack, 1 movement, high maint.

6. A new map size that can fit 45-50 civs. (Massive)

Haha. That might be a bit much. Are there even that may civs?

I do like the idea of a bigger map with more civs. We always play on the biggest size and max out the city states. Even bigger and even more sounds like fun. :)

Haha. That might be a bit much. Are there even that may civs?

I do like the idea of a bigger map with more civs. We always play on the biggest size and max out the city states. Even bigger and even more sounds like fun. :)
With the NFP there will be around 45-50 civs total. It might crash the game though LOL.

With the NFP there will be around 45-50 civs total. It might crash the game though LOL.
Specifically there will be 50 civs and 54 leaders total.

Specifically there will be 50 civs and 54 leaders total.
Thanks for clarifying I wasn't sure on the exact number. Could you imagine if they had a map with 45-50 civs. They'd need to add way more religious beliefs and pantheons. LOL.

Top Bottom