Suggest Post/Thread for the War Academy

BillChin posted advice in the GOTM#4 thread entitled "Tips for Emperor Difficulty". I think it would be good to put in the War Academy, but I can't figure out how to transfer it myself.

The strategy articles forum appears to be working pretty well now. :)

planetfall, your idea is great but it is "a bit" difficult to implement right now. I am working on several other projects...

Still I want to thank you for your suggestions. I'll see what I can do when I have more time to work on the Academy...

Did not think my academy suggestions would be easy or quick to impliment. Just hoped to make the game experience easier for new players. I love the game but hate the learning curve. Even with reading the forums a bit each day, my games often get stuck in slow play.

In terms of more discussion on the strategy forum, I will like the ability to do simple html editing. I am short on time and simple text organization would speed my comprehension and reading. What I am thinking of is the ability to create:
- lists of suggestions, or ideas
- bold text for key concepts.

I tend to read apolyton more often because simple html editing is available. If I were the admin, I would allow people in a ok_to_html list to write html code but not allow others. The only other way to do this would be to have a program check html submitted code for matching pairs and delete html code if pairs not complete. Users submitting bad tables or frames would be horrible. Just an idea.

A week ago I got CIV III and like most vets from I & II, totally bombed. I'm glad I found this website! For the last couple of days I've run through the War Academy and Short Tips thread, gleaning any information that might help my empires out of the miserable ruts I've put them in. Anyway I put a file together of absolutely everything I found; its sort of a compliation of all the info the great folks here have put up. Now that I'm done I figure I may as well post it. I Don't take credit for any of the information. Hope it helps someone!

That's a nice compilation, Archive. I'll add it to the Academy. :)

Any more suggestions? I'll update the Academy again very soon. :)

Top Bottom