[SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT] Units don't show their destination

*M*

Chieftain
If you order a unit to move to a far away tile and you want to check where it is moving a few turns later, then you have no way of doing so. They just won't tell you where they are going.

An arrow likes this with the number of turns really needs to be there:
(1)--------(2)--------(3)------->

If you order a unit to move to a far away tile and you want to check where it is moving a few turns later, then you have no way of doing so. They just won't tell you where they are going.

An arrow likes this with the number of turns really needs to be there:
(1)--------(2)--------(3)------->
Agree 100%.

No kidding. It'd really help when moving several units at once. It would have been an unnecessary feature with stacks but with this 1upt feature it would really streamline things. I'm hoping VI improves this kind of thing. Lots of new stuff in V that could be better polished in the next installment.

Yeah, definitely. I don't like sending my fleet of workers (Portugal), fleet of archeologists (if I'm going for culture), or actual military fleet somewhere far away, just to find that I need to reclick them every turn. For the archeologists it's horrible, because I often don't know where I actually sent each individual one, leading me to sometimes send two to the same location. I often try to get them to go places that are a few turns away from their actual destination, but are less likely to be covered by an enemy unit. Still doesn't work all the time though, and all the reclicking and confusion is not a good design.

Yeah, definitely. I don't like sending my fleet of workers (Portugal), fleet of archeologists (if I'm going for culture), or actual military fleet somewhere far away, just to find that I need to reclick them every turn. For the archeologists it's horrible, because I often don't know where I actually sent each individual one, leading me to sometimes send two to the same location. I often try to get them to go places that are a few turns away from their actual destination, but are less likely to be covered by an enemy unit. Still doesn't work all the time though, and all the reclicking and confusion is not a good design.

What drives me nuts about that is that there's a fog of war there. There's no reason we should even know there's a unit there. It shouldn't cancel the move until they come into sight.

What drives me nuts about that is that there's a fog of war there. There's no reason we should even know there's a unit there. It shouldn't cancel the move until they come into sight.

Yeah, definitely. It would not only be easier and less frustrating, it makes a lot more sense too. I actually couldn't think of a simple way to fix this part of the game, but just ignoring units until they enter your view would be far better than what we have now.

No kidding. It'd really help when moving several units at once. It would have been an unnecessary feature with stacks but with this 1upt feature it would really streamline things.

For sure. Strange thing is though, this feature was available with stacks. (In Civ IV for sure, maybe even III, I can't recall).

Some necro here...
Anyway, I agree as well; this is certainly a feature that'd be useful.

Top Bottom